Company is looking for a part time candidate to fill the role as Medical Billing/Office Assistant. Company provides in home and clinic based therapy for children with autism spectrum disorders. We are looking for a detail oriented individual who has experience in medical billing and/or human resources. Our company is a family oriented company and provides a flexible schedule. Candidate should be comfortable working around children and boisterous environments. Candidate should be able to assist therapist and other health professional with tasks such as answering phones, client scheduling and prepping materials. Candidate must be proficient with PC/MAC OS and IOS systems.
- Verification of insurance and pre-authorizations.
- Work on outstanding and new claim appeals, including Medicare.
- Communicate patient benefits either directly to patient or to front desk.
- Post and apply charges which are outstanding.
- Balance daily deposits against draw and receivables.
- Prepare and send patient statements.
- Post insurance payments from explanation of benefits.
- Follow up with insurance carriers in regards to outstanding patient claims.
- Check and post outstanding daily charges from patient super bills.
- Contact patients in regard to outstanding balances.
- Work with front desk to ensure that patient balances are being collected at time of service as well as communicating which documentation should be collected from the patient for claims to be paid
- Assist in sending patient treatment notes and documentation to lawyers, adjusters and insurance carriers as requested.
-Audit Progress Notes and Billing Sheets
-Enter data for new clients and employees
- At least 2 years of experience and/or degree or certificate related to healthcare accounting or medical coding.
- Must be computer savvy and have extensive experience with general software: Word, Excel, Internet
- Medical software and electronic claims experience – Gateway EDI knowledge a plus.
- Paper claims experience.
- Ability to contact and professionally speak to insurance adjusters, lawyers, medical doctors and patients in regards to claims follow up and payment.
- Must be familiar with CPT medical coding and knowledge of diagnosis codes.
- Ability to read EOBs and other documents from insurance carriers, and explain those to patients.
- Attention to details and excellent memory a must.
- Dependable and professional.
- Self-starter and ability to start and complete tasks without micromanagement.
- Experience with chiropractic care, sports medicine, or other rehabilitation services would be helpful but not mandatory.
- Customer/patient friendly.
- Must be comfortable with complex arithmetic.
Full-time employees of the company get health, life dental and vision group insurance as well as paid time off for major holidays. PTO is accrued and offered after 90 days of service.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements (required) and resume. No phone calls or faxes, please.