UNO Chicago Grill Employee Reviews

Fast Paced work environment
Certified Trainer, Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 24, 2017
At Uno's I enjoyed working there because it was super face paced. Getting to be able to teach people the ropes and ins and outs of the restaurant business was challenging but that's what I loved about the job.
good place to work
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PA 18519April 16, 2017
Fast pace enviorment with flexible hours, good staff and management. some long hour days if you work weekends, avalible for advancement if your a hard worker
Over worked under paid.
Expeditor/Host (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2017
I feel as though management had favorite people. They singled people out they did not like and made them feel disrespected. I will say the staff was fun and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 10, 2017
Uno's is a very fun and energetic atmosphere. Management is great and very flexible. Lots of advancement opportunities and great benefits. Everyone is treated like family and they are very good to their guests.
Typical corparate restaurant
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMarch 6, 2017
well established staff training, food is very good and fresh. Would absolutely recommend deep dish pizza to anyone. Staff is friendly and well spoken.
Good Management
Expedite (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAFebruary 27, 2017
UNO Chicago Grill had awesome management! The managers that ran our restaurant weren't just managers, they were family. They made a great work environment and pace for every employee.
Fun place to work when you're good at your job
WAITRESS/ HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Millbury, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Serving customers and making sure everything runs smoothly is no longer good enough, You can make a table laugh, have a good time, and make great money, but if your don't get a 5/5 on the Ziosk every time, then you might as well be the worst employee. 4/5 is a failure and your whole job is based on this. Work culture is competitive and catty but you work as an individual. There is no room for growth or advancement.
Management does their best to help everyone succeed. They are helpful and kind.
Fun, productive and fast pace environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Working at Uno Chicago Grill is a great experience for me. My co-workers work as a team to get things done and act as we are family. A typical day on the job involves me greeting and seating customers. Taking online and over the phone orders. The management helps its employee to their best ability. Making sure that we get things done properly and fast. I don't find any part of my job hard because I enjoy doing it. The most enjoyable part of my job is building a relationship with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Short breaks
it was a good place to work
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2017
This franchise closed in 2010 while I worked for them it was a good company to work for. I started out as a server and moved into bartending and the made front of house mgr.
Fun place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great staff and promote from within.they best employees. Family-friendly Chicago-style pizza along w/ pasta steaks & burgers.
Pros
Discounted meals and decent hours
Cons
Disorganized
Fun place
Lounge Manager, Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, MDJanuary 9, 2017
Every day is a new challenge. Food is excellent staff is always friendly. Every challenge is an adventure, great growth.
No longer in business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 28, 2016
This place is no longer in business. it was fun to work there but it was not the bet run business and no longer around for that reason. don't know what else to say
Substitute Teacher
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MADecember 27, 2016
I was a substitute teacher and was called on every single day to work it was a great experience and it was hard at times dealing with children of all ages. After they got to know me they were much more respectful and did not look at me like I was a sub but looked at me like I was a teacher instead.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Not steady
Good
Server (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PADecember 13, 2016
Decent place to work part time. Scheduling is flexible and the employees are very nice. Managers are okay. Busy restaurant so always plan on staying busy.
Meet new people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 21, 2016
It is a great place to meet new people. Definitely has a family environment feel to it. Has its up and downs but a good place to work and rise above.
Overall decent part time job for transitionary time of life
Server/bartender (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 18, 2016
I work here part time, in addition to my full time job, to bring in some extra money. I do well there however it is difficult to balance both jobs when the management expects you to commit to it like it is your full time, life long job.
great food and great location.
Hostess, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYNovember 9, 2016
fast passed environment great food and great people. co workers all help you out and the training was next to nothing. kind of have to figure it out as you go.
Sad to deliver the news.
Server (Former Employee) –  Union Station Plaza, DCOctober 6, 2016
I loved most of my co-workers! For the most part i loved being there but with the dysfunctional management communication, sucky benefits (none TBH), and the horrible system of payment it wasnt worth it. Being in union station sucked! I thought it would be diverse -- oh it was! But everyone there is SO CHEAP its scary. So God speed. Managers arent very understanding, its either you did something wrong or you did something wrong. TOTALLY unfair.
Pros
50 percent discount on all food, i actually had relief for my shifts.
Cons
A lot of things sorry
Work was up and down
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2016
The income was never steady, we depended on tourists for our income and the time of year. My co workers were great to work with and the management was very flexible and it fit with my life at the time, I just moved towards a better opportunity.
Pros
Coworkers and Managment
Cons
Income was inconsistant
Great environment for short term goals
Server, Bartender, and Local Sales Marketer (LSM) (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 26, 2016
I did like working at UNO, I just didn't love it. I definitely stayed longer than I needed to. Overall days went by fast there. It is repetitive activities with repetitive guests and coworkers so creativity can definitely get hindered. I learned the ins and outs of the food and beverage industry. The hardest part of my job would have to be tolerating impossible guests complaints. It can sometimes test the patience of an individual, but I vowed to never let it affect my personality or performance. The most enjoyable part of this job has to be seeing the guests you advertise to, come in and have a meal and drinks and show you that hard work does pay off.
Pros
my own schedule and cash daily
Cons
cash daily and short ladder to climb

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNO Chicago Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval