UNO Chicago Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work
Server, Hostess, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 16, 2016
My co-workers are like a family to me. We all get a long. This job is very unpredictable and you never know what you are going to walk into. It is very fast moving so you have to keep moving.
Pros
good people, friendly guests, good atmosphere.
Cons
No given breaks, managers don’t communicate with each other, not making a lot of money.
Not a great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 28, 2016
The company works you to death with little compensation. There is no balance for family when employed with this company. They make promises to you that are not followed through.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
terrible benefits
Fast paced high volume restaurant environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 21, 2016
I am grateful to work at such a high volume restaurant setting because it enables me to multi-task to the best of my abilities, and it also gives me a great deal of experience in terms of customer service and client relations. My managers are a caring and well trained team who dedicate themselves to the satisfaction of both our guests and fellow co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is getting used to the high volume atmosphere. At times one can find themselves overwhelmed due to the fast-paced nature of our restaurant, however; once you are able to adapt and make the nessacary adjustments everything works out fine. The most enjoyable part of the job is the praise you receive from satisfied guests and knowing that all your running around and hard work was not in vain.
Pros
Being able to put smiles on the faces of customers
Cons
Working weekends
Serving is always an adventure
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 18, 2016
the store every morning M-F. I did all the daily set ups and ran the lunch shifts. I worked with a large amount of stress. My lunch sales averaged $700 a lunch. fast passed and well rewarding. I was a server, trainer and lead. I opened
Pros
set schedule
Cons
slow shifts
it's an okay place.
Host (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHMarch 31, 2016
Work days were fast and slow, didnt learn much, management is great. co-workers where great. hardest part was making it through doubles. Enjoyable part was meeting new people and making their days.
Pros
ehh not much.
Cons
hardly any breaks
Family restaurant with many regulars and friendly staff
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work is quite stressful because of the amount of tasks the server/bartender must accomplish per table. For example, servers/bartenders must make their own salads/desserts per table as well as finish all side work, (including silverware, stocking, cleaning, and closing tasks) combining all of those factors make it the hardest part of the job. My co-workers make the day go by fast seeing as though everyone seems to help each other well.
Easy working environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAMarch 1, 2016
A typical work day included prepping food, stocking and restocking, cleaning, and cooking. I learned how to multitask to accomplish a heavy work load with very little assistance. The management was almost always lending a hand in food prep or cooking food orders. I enjoyed my coworkers a great deal and the overall experience of cooking at a restaurant. The hardest part of this job was trying to keep up with food prep and cook orders while being short staffed on a everyday basis.
Pros
Learning new food recipes
Cons
Short Staffed.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Great kitchen, hard working kitchen crew and management that cared about their employees and cared for their restaurant.
Was a good place
Bar Lead (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJanuary 8, 2016
Great place to work at but after the new year we were told as of that night we were closing the doors at that location. I worked there for five years and was a great place. Had a lot of turn around with staff but the core group was great.
Pros
Fun Peope
Cons
Closed the doors for good
great place to work ,but they dont have a good marketing department
manager (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRDecember 27, 2015
excellent food,great quality, poor marketing
dont have a good support department
dont like increase your marketing
long hours to work more than 12
dont have any bonus
Pros
great food, excellent food standadrd procedure
Cons
low marketing really poor
Good Food and Service
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 3, 2015
Good food and service all around. The hostess are very pleasant and sweet when seating and opening the door. The serving staff is attentive and very helpful. Managers can be seen walking around and talking to tables about their service and food.
Pros
Very Friendly
Day to day
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 23, 2015
Working at a fast paced environment is what I love doing. Teaching and learning is key. Great management team. Customer where fantastic.
Fun Pizza joint
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 22, 2015
Great crew. Great experience. Loved the food and the staff. Great job for college kids. Flexible work place. Great training.
Deep Dish Pizza
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 13, 2015
During an age of health conscious vegetarian millennials, UNO Chicago Grill has been running an uphill battle to stay relevant and hip. It has done this year in and year out. I followed my mentor from another concept to work here at UNO's and will never forget the experiences and knowledge I gained. The leadership was great.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
Work life balance
Fun work environment
Good managers
Work hard
Poor benefits
Only closes on Christmas
Able to work double shifts
Employees are great
Great workplace
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJAugust 30, 2015
I enjoyed going to work everyday. The work environment was always positive, as well as management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with a vast variety of people. Hardest part of my job was trying during slow seasons to increase sales.
Pros
friends
Cons
sometimes long hours
Busy and High stressed environment
LINE COOK/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 20, 2015
-Typically responsible for restocking coolers with portions for the Lunch and Dinner rushes. Handle the Sautee station and dish wash when necessary.

-Ive learned more about sanitation and gained more cooking experience such as temperatures and recipes.

-Management was very professional, handles there employees with respect.

-Coworkers are all independent and work as a team when needed.

-Hardest part of the job was keeping up with orders and making sure you don't run out of product during a rush.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was when its all over.
Pros
Free lunches when you pick up a shift
Cons
very busy
unos
Certified Trainer/Server, Server Lead (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 12, 2015
i love my job at uno chicago grill. everybody is very friendly and helpful. management will do what they can to accomidate you
Fun Place to work, Money is there if you work hard.
Server (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2015
Fun Coworkers, Good food. There is money there to be made if you are willing to work for it. Advancement into management is slim.
Busy and Hectic
Seasonal Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 7, 2015
Working as a hostess/cashier gave me the ability to increase my work skills with customer service.
I was given cash handling experience and coordination over the dining room.
This opportunity gave me the chance to gain more work experience.