UNO Chicago Grill

UNO Chicago Grill Employer Reviews

Productive and a fun work space.
Host/Server (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJune 21, 2014
A typical day at Uno Chicago Grill was first starting off by setting up the restaurant for the incoming customers. Before every shift started the manager on duty would have a what we called "pre-meal" meeting about the focus of the day. For example the food focus for the day could be to sell appetizers or desserts. They would also discuss what they – more... would like the over all shift to consist of and let the employees know if there was anything big or minor planned for the day, like a party or kids tour. With a meeting before each shift we would all learn what to expect with the upcoming shift, we would all be on the same page about things, and because of this we were able to efficiently work as a team. Everyone at this job worked well with each other, they were always there to help another co worker out, especially during high volume times. The high volume part of the day I would say was the hardest part of the job, but only when we were short of staff for whatever reason. Our main job was to give excellent food and drink service to our customers in a fast pace environment. I would have to say that during this part of the job the most enjoyable part was the other co workers. Getting help from other people who are experiencing the same thing as you while keeping a smile on their face and the atmosphere light made the job the most enjoyable. – less
Great Food
Server (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJune 13, 2014
Unos have great pizzas the hardest part was getting to know everything on the menu
Just another day job
Server (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 6, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: management, hours, pay, etc.
Co-workers were for the most part enjoyable, but horrible management. Didn't know how to run a restaurant business, and me and a co-worker of mine were taken advantage of day in, day out.
Fast paced, happy environment
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMay 25, 2014
Large staff, that always looks out for each other. high volume, fast paced environment. management always there when you need them to be, willing to help out when times get tough.
Fun place to work
Host (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIMay 15, 2014
All of my co-workers and management were enjoyable to work with, and the customers were fun, too. I learned to work in a busy, sometimes stressful environment effectively without getting overwhelmed. When we had new hosts I would sometimes train them.
very productive
Waitress/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 14, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks
taking orders, handling cash, training new employees and providing great service to the customers
Great management, funny and friendly staff
Hostess/Server/Salads (Current Employee), Birch Run, MIMay 6, 2014
I love everyone I work with, the staff gets along excellent. Management is also great, willing to work around school and other jobs. Promotions are very possible and easy to attain if you're on time and do your job correctly.
Great for college students
Server and Bartender (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMay 5, 2014
Service industry can be tough but forces you out of your shell. Good way to build public speaking skills and get comfortable speaking to crowds.
aging concept in need of an overhaul
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), elm grove, wiMay 3, 2014
Poor facilities, terribly managed and not current with guests wants and needs as consumers
Uno's
SERVER (Former Employee), Dover, NHApril 16, 2014
Faced paced working environment. Way too much sidework for such a slow restaurant. Not worth the work for the amount of money you don't make.
Not a desirable place to work
Server/Bar Lead (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 16, 2014
Pros: good first step
Cons: managment, hours, co workers money
-select few managers actually cared about employees
-was a great first serving job
-co workers were very dramatic and lacked good training
productive fun environment
Prep Cook, Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYApril 12, 2014
work day is 8 hours
I learned about Criminal and Real Estate Law
Not what I expected
Manager (Current Employee), BellinghamApril 11, 2014
I enjoy the restaurant industry, but the unfairness in scheduling and what some of the expectations are I do not agree with and even after addressing them things have not changed.
lousy
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hanover, MAMarch 16, 2014
management is filthy , and unprofessional, lacking of integrity
Tourism
Director, First Impressions/Lead Host (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: outdoor seating
Cons: short breaks....
Seasonal Restaurant,Busy during summer months.
100% Team Effort...
Job at Uno
Host and Cashier (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRMarch 10, 2014
Pros: excelent expierence
Cons: nothing
At Uno I learn to be assertive with all the people that went in to the the restaurant and I assured that they have a great experience eating there.
Great place to bartend
Server Trainer (Former Employee), WestminsterMarch 6, 2014
I developed relationships with the regulars and learned how to create specialty cocktails and how to sell wine.
Great Learning Experience
Key Hourly/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2014
Pros: loved the people i worked with
Cons: management that has a personal objective
Going in knowing that it's all about you making a good impression on your guests. I learned that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. The majority of management was a breath of fresh air to work with. They made it worth coming into work each day. The hardest part was having to say good-bye. The best part was that it really felt like a family – more... environment. – less
Horrible Company to work for
Cook (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: very little, you may learn a few things. some cool co-workers.
Cons: never get a raise, never move forward, can't even get a straight answer about my w2
I did have some former co-workers that were great and I did learn some things there. I gave up my weekends, faithfully every single weekend, away from my kids for this job because I was told I would start at $10 per hour and once I completed training and probation period, I would get $12 an hour (within 3 months time) and I would have the potential – more... for growth. I quit another job making 3 times the gross pay (but worked a lot more hours there). In the end, after two years, I still made the same exact $10 per hour. Never moved from the same position and to top it off, they not only lied about sending out my W2 forms on two occasions, once in my face and once over the phone, but they still have not sent them. I am very disappointed with their actions. Very poor management and everything they told me and other co-workers were nothing but lies. Very sad! I am sorry I wasted so much time and hours with my children. – less
unos
Hostess (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: long hours
seating and greeting customers, take out orders, cash register

1 2 3 4 5