Uplift Education Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
I haven't been with this company long. However, there seems to be plenty of opportunity for advancement and the culture is very positive.
Amazing place to work with very high expectations
K-4 Intervention Specialist & K-2 Phonics Coach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
Uplift Education is a charter here in the DFW area that believes in providing the best quality education for at risk students. Their mission is to send 100% of our scholars to college. Their motto reads, 'Not if, but when!'
As an educator, we were required to arrive for work by 7:30 as scholars arrived to eat breakfast. We were required to stay until carline ended, around 4-4:30.
Management at Triumph Preparatory was amazing. Our leaders valued us a educators and people. They understood the difficulties and challenges of working in the world of education, and tried their hardest to provide a healthy work life balance.
The most difficult part of the job were the hours and pressure of performing. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our scholars thrive academically and reach their goals. There is nothing like seeing your scholars achieve and have pride in themselves.
Pros
Wellness Wednesdays, work time, recognition
Cons
long hours, pressure
School was okay
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 3, 2016
Health services staff and nurses.....
At interview, you will be interrupted. Save your breath. Its not worth it.
Honeymoon ends quickly, expectations are hidden. Staff lie for each other
Pros
The kids are great
Cons
Low pay for expectations, micromanagement, unprofessionalism at its best during meetings
Great Team Environment
Instructional Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2016
Great place to work! Professional and builds skills in the area you teach or work in. They are very geared towards making the best teachers for the scholars they serve.
Productive and fun place to work
Middle School Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasFebruary 17, 2016
It's great to be part of a dynamic team that truly cares about scholar growth, both socio-emotionally and academically.
Workplace
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Fun environment excellent school system
Each school is different
They encourage students to go to college after graduation
Lots of school spirit
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No disciplinary action for scholars
bait and switch
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 21, 2015
not worth your time; micromanagement; no resources or orientation; favoritism; unrealistic expectations......................................
Pros
kids
Cons
staff
Exciting Work Environments
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at Uplift Education would start with a kind, positive greeting at the front desk where basic instructions or necessary documents were given. You then would be directed or personally guided to the classroom in which you were to cover along with an assurance of further instructions left specifically by the teacher being covered. Strong guidelines and expectations were set for the students encouraging discipline and leadership.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Productive and family oriented workplace.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
A typical day at work is teaching and growing students. I've learned that Administrators is not always honest with you when it comes to how well you are doing at your job. Management works with certain people. My co-workers were like family, we kept each other encouraged. The hardest part of the job was getting bathroom breaks and meeting unrealistic deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students improve and having summers off.
Pros
Having holidays off and working with children.
Cons
Not being supported and not getting bathroom breaks.
Fun place to work with great people.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2015
Working for Uplift Education is like working with family. With any family there are disagreements, but the family can always resolve them and come together. Uplift Education is a family environment amongst the staff with exceptionally qualified individuals doing all they can to educate the children of tomorrow ages K-12.
Fun place to work
Child Nutrition Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasMay 17, 2015
This is a great and fun place to work and it is very flexible. work and life balance is great as well, they are understanding and the room for growth is great!
100% college bound philosophy....innovative!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2015
I have subbed at different schools in the network. Although each school is a bit different in culture, some schools seem to be more organized than others. I am not sure about the cause.
Pros
uniform philosophy across all campuses......100% college acceptance
Cons
disorganization at some campuses
Great Place to work! I love the atmosphere
7th Grade Technology Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Work from 7:00-5:00 Monday-Friday
An amazing team to work with. Everyone is hard working and supportive. The hardest part of the job is balancing all of the task that are on your plate while teaching the scholars what is necessary.
Well-intended, Caring Teachers, Underfunded
District Content Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Uplift Education is a network with some really brilliant, caring people. However, it is underfunded which hurts the culture of the network because everyone works so hard and the compensation sends the message that the network undervalues its teachers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the people around you grow and having some part in the growth and development of the adults of the future. The hardest part is meeting the expectations of several administrators who do not agree while still serving the scholars.
Pros
meaningful work, great team members, brilliant people
Cons
short breaks, low compensation
Uplift is a good place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Various locations in DallasSeptember 7, 2014
The employees/clerical/administrative staff is very perfessional and a good place to work.
Freelance temp job I wish could have been more
Data Entry and Assistance Work (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2014
I did data entry for this wonderful charter school in Dallas, TX. Loved the environment I worked in with other professionals. Wish it the job could have led to something more.
Production
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2013
I worked every part of the kitchen. The hardest part was pour team work.
Pros
401k, healthcare, pay rates
Cons
pour team work
Great Place to Work
Senior Director, Strategic People Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2012
If you want to work for an organization that is making a difference in the community please come work for Uplift!
Pros
time off
Cons
health benefits, work/life balance

Comment – March 14, 2013

I would love to work with Adolescents and Teens. I have always had that passion. Whom will I speak with about applying for a position?