UPMC

UPMC Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2015
Cons: They do not provide training, horrible management
If you want to work for a company that does not care for its employees, provides no training, then this is the company for you
hectic call center
Referral Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
Hectic medical call center, poor management, no regard for your personal life, little to no breaks, lucky if I get away for 15 min a day, not allowed to eat in the office so most days I don't even eat until I get home. High stress position and I am someone who thrives in a fast paced environment under pressure.
Diverse and secure place to work.
Patient Care Technician - Shadyside Hospital (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great team work, tuition reimbursement/advancement
Cons: Parking is expensive, short-staffed for nursing assistants, interrupted lunch breaks.
Learn how to work independently. High percentage of easy to get along with staff. The hardest part of the job is when it is short-staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with nice people.
Great place for step into medical field
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PAJune 10, 2015
learned how to build relationship with patients.
learn how to do clerical work.
learn how to manipulate SPSS.
Staff are often appreciated
Review of work day.
CNA (Current Employee), Altoona, PAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Team work.
Cons: No breaks
Typical work day, get report from prior shift, start vital signs. Set rooms up for post-op and any trauma patients. Work together in establishing a relationship among patients as well as co-workers. The hardest part of my job is always being on the move. Some days there are no breaks and over time that can be hard on the body. The most enjoyable part of job is the patient care. These patients enjoy having you sit with them and talk about how they feel.
Upbeat and high energy workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2015
Overseeing a group of 15 staff members on an outreach team. We outreach to our members and help assists in scheduling prevenative screening appointments.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Position eliminated
As an IT healthcare consultant, I worked with Clinical, EHR and Financial teams. I also worked with various other consultants from Stoltenburg and Cerner/Siemens.

I served as the Laboratory, Radiology and Dietary system analyst. HL7 interface review and troubleshooting was also a daily task for me.

I have the most experience with Siemens apllications, but I am willing to learn new Clinical and non-Clinical systems.
It all depends on your manager
Systems Analyst Associate (Current Employee), MelwoodJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Some terrible managers
The company is wonderful. The compensation is low, but the benefits are good. If you have the right manager your life will be a breeze. But be wary of the bad ones.
Very large organization
Clerical (Former Employee), PAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Work hours, co-workers
Cons: Benefits, Compensation low
Benefits
Room for growth - very little
Able to relocate
Some employee perks
Minimum 7 days off for holidays
Employee moral
Enjoyed working with a supportive staff who has compay devotion
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2015
Pros: The recongition for outstanding performances
Cons: Stability
A typical day included talking with policy holders to update any information needed for payment and billing matters. Solved issues with patient doctor relationship also helped members find new physicians to establish care. Very enjoyable atmosphere working with a supportive staff who really takes the time and compassion for each challenging situation. The most difficult description of the position is when there is a policy that cannot be overturned due to policy and company procedures, and the member has to be advised of such information. Much patience, listening and compassion skills are required. Being able to help member in the best way possible is the most rewarding feeling of the day.
depended on the day....
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), SenecaMay 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great coworkers
Cons: Doesn't pay enough
Mental health is not routine, the majority of my coworkers were great, but the main Psychiatrist at Northwest is less than desirable. I would have stayed if it weren't for him. It also would have been nice to been paid for the work that you do. They need to pay the PCAS a little more than what they do... they put just as much work into maintaining a safe environment as the RNs and MTs do, but get paid significantly less than the MTs.
Histotechnologist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2015
Enjoyable place to work great management, learned how to set up a lab. Fun co-workers. Not the best hours to work thou. Would like to work there again.
Horrible place to work
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: Horrible management
I was a floater and given no respect or consideration by management or office personnel where I was assigned, but a few offices were very nice, but most treated me with contempt and made life difficult; even though they asked for help. Long commute and parking was impossible and expensive with no reimbursement. Promised full-time placement in 30 days, 1 year later still floating. If you didn't want to work in Oakland, you never got a full time placement. They should of been honest about that when I took the job. Had enough of lies and abuse and quit for another job.
a typical day at work
CHEF (Current Employee), USX TowerMay 15, 2015
I start off my day by writing a new menu for the upcoming week.
make sure my staff has arrived and ready for work.
review the days menu with staff and make sure all employees understand what is expected of them throughout the course of the day.
Begin placing orders for the following day and walking around and making sure all food is being handled properly and ccoding to my recipes.
Finish up the day with my five or so orders placed and count down the cashiers tills and balance the registers and finally make a deposit at the back
Laid back and productive
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2015
I loved this place and my co-workers. Pay was ok. Just wished they had free parking for their employees. My drive to Oakland was just too far.
Fun worksplace with providing quality customer service
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2015
Very busy, yet innovative start of each day. I have learned to manage multiple tasks in a very busy clinic days. The collaboration with co-workers and management team was very smooth and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not having enough long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with physicians to provide better patient care.
Great place, great opportunity
Patient Information Coordinator (Float Pool) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, room for more opportunites
Cons: NONE
Check people in for appointments.
Check them out when they were done with their appointments.
Schedule any upcoming appointments.
Kept medical records clean.
Fax or copy anything that needed to be.
Good experience
Specialty Lab Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: no advancement
A good work environment but there is no opportunity for advancement and compensation is low compaired to other health systems
CHP is a beautiful hospital
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee), PittsburghApril 20, 2015
I love CHP, its a beautiful hospital, but in my current dept there is no respect or recognition from physician to staff. It's very sad. Unless your a physician or a nurse, your looked down upon
Really great place to work.
Barista (Former Employee), pghApril 19, 2015
Working for upmc was great they really made you feel like family.
They also had a great credit union program. A typical day at work was really busy and fast past. Theres ton of different kinds of people and they all come together and upmc.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPMC

UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered – Read more

UPMC Salaries