UPMC Employee Reviews

Systems Analyst
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Great direct supervisors with the best interest of their employees.

Lack of growth as far as advancement within the position.

Benefits were reduced.
Over all a nice environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Pros:
1-hour lunch, benefits, vacation accrual, perks, time flexibility
Cons:
Management does not care about their employees
Advancement opportunities are reserved for management favorites.
Good company to work for
PIC II/ Enrollment/ Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Overall was a good company to work for, management was easy to work with for the most part. A couple of bad eggs but that's everywhere. Gained a lot of experience during my tenure there.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hospital side was difficult to move up internally
UPMC is a class act
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2017
The absolute best place I've ever worked at. You will not be disappointed apply at UPMC. The work life balance is amazing and a plus for those who value family life.
Can not comment
Administrative Assistant - Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2017
UPMC can be a good place to work for someone that is specialized in healthcare and comfortable with the non-profit envirornment. Administrative Assistants (in my case) are not paid based on their years of experience.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Poorly compensated
Hard work, but worth it
Animal Husbandry Research Tech (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2017
It's fast-pace, hard-work, but the fact that you are helping change the world is awesome. I was responsible for taking care of the animals in the DLAR. Cleaning, feeding, maintaining a lab environment was a good feeling. You must detach yourself from the love of animals and understanding the importance of the research. As a Lab Tech, I had to humanely put down some animals, mainly mice. It's hard, but it is needed. If you love animals(which I do), you must remain that detachment. You will be working with dangerous chemicals and stuff, so you will need shots(which they supply) and wear PPE.

They have mice, rats, pigs, monkeys, cats, rabbits, and others. Just for a heads up. Everything is done for safety and is followed by strict regulations.
Pros
Taking care of animals, understanding new research
Cons
Putting down animals, working with chemicals, paid monthly
Poor company to work for
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF THE NEWS BUREAU (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2017
Morale is poor, employees not valued in any respect. Can be ok if you put aside those factors to work on behalf of patients. Otherwise, it is not an easy company to work for.
Nice chill out work place
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2017
Upmc is nice place to I float from hospital to hospital. People there are very welcoming and jus to get to go to all the different hospitals is amazing
Not good
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2017
Wasn't the best place to work
For didn't feel
Comfortable
In my position due to my manager at the time
Didn't have a manager that had my back had two managers that ganged up on their staff
good
Transitional Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
It is s a good place to work with wonderful people but the pay is very poor. As a social worker you starting in come is $17.92 and you only get 2-3% in raise a year.
ok place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
UPMC is an ok place to work. I have worked here for 5 years. I like the hours. I usually work 3 13 hour shifts which is a perk. I prefer to work the long shifts
Great people to work with, dedicated
Microbiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15213July 18, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Unique group of people. Very much loved the hospital environment. Perfect for my first real job. Learned what it means to have a worthwhile job.
it was terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2017
sorry but upmc does not caew about their employees at all
that's how I feel and others people are afraid of them and afraid they will loose their job if they speak up
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Able to work from home.
Coding & Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2017
Would like more flexibility with hours. Benefits are good. Enjoy the work. Would like more challenging work. Typical day is at times redundant. Typically not a bad place to work.
Productive & supportive work environment
DIRECTOR of FINANCE, UPMC Enterprises (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2017
Current manager (CFO) is a terrific mentor. Changing priorities is most difficult part of job, multiple customers needing my time and time of my team members.
Pros
Advancement opportunities abound
Cons
travel time to office
UPMC is a wonderful energetic family oriented workplace
Administrative Assistant Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJuly 11, 2017
I work for UPMC; a world renowned hospital. I have had the privilege of working with many wonderful people and many excellent physicians. My position of Administrative Assistant in the department of Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology, has been very rewarding. I have grown immensely over the last 9 years, not only as an employee, but also as an individual.

The most enjoyable part of my job:

Being the first person that a patient interacts with at our facility, either on the phone or at our front desk window, I am able to provide our patients with a sense of trust, ease their nervous anxiety, and also bring a smile to their face with a friendly greeting. Being able to congratulate a couple that just found out that they will be having a baby is an incredibly special feeling. Working with such a wonderful office staff and Physician, they are more than just co-workers, they are family.

The hardest part of my job:

Seeing a patient leave crying because they have recently miscarried a baby or cannot achieve pregnancy.
Pros
Love our patients, friendly, professional, family oriented, fun, wonderful staff
Cons
Leaving a position and office family that I love...
N/a
Contact Center Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Getting this job was a great start when coming right out of college. The typical day at work is fast pace and very repetitive. I have been here for over a year and I recommended this job to other people.
Worst Supervisor who contradicts everything she says
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2017
My supervisor and director do not communicate and contradict everything the other says. The worst part is that they both do unethical things and pressure you to do the same.
great emergency department
Senior Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 10, 2017
UPMC is a great place to work. The ED is exciting and very diverse. You really learn quickly from the staff. This staff is nicer than most facilities I have worked for.
Unfair hiring practices
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 10, 2017
I don't intend to apply here again. Hospital HR seems to be discriminatory about who she hires or even calls for an interview. Qualified applicants should have the opportunity to explain anything undesirable on their resume. Instead, she simply seems to trash it. And the kicker is...many nurses there leave something to be desired
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPMC. Our community is ready to answer.