UPMC Employee Reviews in United States

Good work environment, decent facilities,
Senior Living cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2016
Nice bosses and a nice place to work. However with low compensation for advancement. It is really nice to be able to make great food for the residents and to see them smile. I enjoy getting to know them.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Scheduled hours all over the place and won't pay if advanced
fast pace work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2016
fast pace work environment, high attention to details, little to no tolerance for errors, the most enjoyable part of this job is assisting/helping patients and working as a team with your co-workers.
Pros
Excellent Benefit Package
Cons
poor department management
Great work atmosphere
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 4, 2016
My coworkers are all very nice and always there for me if I need help.
Very supportive workplace.
Hardest part of the job is working more than 8 hours per day at times and not being paid for the overtime work.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, supportive management
Cons
poor compensation, no pay for working overtime
Lot's of work not enough balance
Financial Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 1, 2016
My co-workers were one of the best things about the job. Everyone got along. The hardest part about the job, which goes in line with management, is that there was no cross training in my position. We implemented a new software, specific to our department back in 2010. I was lead on the database, however, neither the Senior Director nor the Director of the department ever learned how to run reports correctly out of the database, and as of March 2016 they still had no knowledge of how to run any processes out of the system.
Difficult Culture
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2016
This company is located in Pittsburgh PA. With the many layoffs, staff is stress to their limits trying to achieve. They remaining staff are trying to keep it all together but the intellectual knowledge just walked out the door.

Very stressful.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Fear based culture, here today, laid off tomorrow
working at Upmc
Payment Application Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2016
i would say the hardest part of the job is keep up with the payers I have and making call to medicare. My co-workers are enjoyable to work for.
Pros
work threw lunch
Cons
healthcare
Operations Manager at UPMC Eye Center (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15213March 14, 2016
UPMC was a great place to work. My supervisor was outstanding who did not micro management and was always there to problem solve. Took early retirement they offered in order to solve some budget issues. I personally had a wonderful staff who always gave 150% and worked as a team.
Pros
Excellent employer
Cons
Managers who complain rather than solve problems
Fun Ppeople
Clinical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2016
Working with mammograms. The people are really enjoyable. The departments are very close so you get to meet and intermix with other people in different departments.
Horrible and unqualified management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2016
I worked as a case manager for UPMC Health plan for 7 1/2 years. I got great reviews and was nominated for UPMC's "Cameo of Caring" award. Throughout my career there I had a few managers that seemed like they had no management training or skills and finally our dept was broken up and I was put under a manager that took a personal dislike to me from some unknown reason, which ended with me losing my position. This company is more about who's who and not about what you deliver. When you have an employee who has been with a company for a long time and is not just "towing the line" .... has been nominated for awards and gotten good reviews, you should look at the manager when there is a problem.
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2016
The work environment is minimal supervision. This job is a sitting job majority of the day, fixing member issues pertaining to members not being able to get their prescriptions, updating coverage for members once the member has been terminated. There are a lot of file issues that need to be fixed. I also generate letters to members on the Marketplace that are terminated, cancelled, confirmed, or effectuated on a daily basis. The co-workers are very enjoyable and they make the day go by fast. The hardest part of my job is finding other work to do in down time. The most enjoyable part of the day is assisting members on a daily basis.
Hostile Work Environment
Crisis Clinician II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
UPMC does not care about it's employees, nor does it care for their patients. People come and go, turnover is exceptionally high and for good reason.
Example: Master's level clinician or nurse must punch in and out, but can only punch in 3 minutes before your shift or 3 minutes after. If you do, you will be given "points."
You can only call off 4 hours before your scheduled shift.
Lunch is only "20 uninterrupted minutes."
They rate your work performance based on hearsay.
If you smell like smoke, they will send you home to change, even if you carpool with someone that smokes.
If you can find a job somewhere else, take it!
Productive environment with room for growth.
Enrollment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
UPMC provided me with an opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare industry, room for growth, as well as the ability to develop an idea of where I want to take my career.
Clerical Support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Diskriter is a company hired by UPMC to help the transition from paper to electronic records for different hospitals. I worked at 3 separate hospitals to scan the medical records into the electronic system. The two major systems I worked with were MedOnc and RadOnc. We would scan the patient's health history and Medication list and history.
Horrible hostile work environment
Health Information Verification (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Upmc has NO compassion or consideration for their employees. Low pay, long hours, Denied breaks, Belittled by management. Only worried about getting work out. There is no work life balance when working for upmc.
Wonderful experience
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2016
The department I worked in was full of amazing, dedicated people that displayed compassion to the patients they served!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Parking
Professional environment with room for growth
Admin Professional, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2016
At UPMC, I honed my administrative skill set and interpersonal skills, and learned better time management. It gave me great practice navigating a professional environment.
Loved working with UPMC
Professional Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2016
UPMC is a teaching hospital. I learned a lot. There are many growth opportunities. Unfortunately, pay is not great at all.
The job is great and I was my own boss.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2016
I was my own boss I could do what I wanted when I wanted. The owner trusted me to take care of things as they needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was getting out of bed to go to work.
Pros
Pros was being my own boss
Cons
Con was little correspondence with people
Pittsburgh- ping pong table
Administrative Assistant - Neurology Department (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2016
Woman own- Non-profits which is great in itself!! I way's giving back to the community! I loved working in oAKLAND! They have a awesome website read more on them!
Pros
COMPUTE
Cons
NO FREE LUNCH - CHARGED YOU FOR EVERYTHING
sad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2016
not very friend, doesn't treat staff well at all, but I worked for a upmc doctors office not the hospital.
They are not understanding at all in no type of way.
If your a mediacl asst you might as well be the garbage man when you work for Marybeth Benet.