UPMC

workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2014
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 11, 2014
great environment to work. great job and loved going daily.
I left this position because there was major construction going on on route 28
Learned a Lot
System Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh,PAJune 9, 2014
Provider related work, learned lot in Informatica and in SQL.
No long-term growth
Accountant Associate (Present) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaJune 8, 2014
Great for a career boost if you need a holding pattern in your life until a REAL job opportunity comes your way...definitely a fine place for a newly grad. Get in, get your experience, get out!
You're in Pittsburgh's largest company, so run with it while you can!

Coworkers are miserable and work only to collect a bi-weekly pay. There is a major lacking – more... of passion an/or willingness to learn. – less
good workplace
Temporary Service/ Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients with everyday needs and my co-workers.
Clinical environment
HR Assistant (Former Employee), PittsburghJune 5, 2014
This was my first experience in the clinical setting registering patients. I learned a lot about communication and patience.
Excellent Organization
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2014
A very well managed and treated organization with excellent opportunities to grow
Offers very much to the employees.
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), North Hills, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: very stable employment
Cons: traveling
A typical day was patient care, scheduling surgeries with administrative duties.
Enjoyed working with co-workers and their enthusiasm for their job.
Hardest part of the job was traveling, and explaining to a patient the negative of their injury,
The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the patient good news and a positive outlook with their injury.
Productive work place, no micro managing
RN (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2014
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: management and how they implement new projects too much confusion and disagreeing
Typical day meet pts where they are and get them where they need to go.Face to Face. Coordinate care with physicians
Address and close gaps in care both in person and on the phone
Great co-workers
Managing the High BH, you coordinate all their care but they do not follow through.
You see improvement in peoples' health as you have coordinated and facilitated – more... their care – less
Forward-thinking organization
Sr. Dir., Materials Management/Distribution (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2014
Pros: many oportunities for advancements.
UPMC is an excellent organization with very forward-thinking Senior Management. We are given the opportunity to pitch ideas, formulate business plans and present ROIs in an effort to help move the organization ahead.
Go-Live Support for Epic EMR implementation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Altoona, PAMay 7, 2014
Provided Epic Go-Live support for a three week project in a Family practice department which involved travel to Altoona PA.
good starting point
Patient Information Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, PAMay 4, 2014
Solid starting point, good benefits, stable company in Pittsburgh area. The pay scale at UPMC is pretty bad compared to other health systems. Weak management and lack of communication.
This Company does not work with you
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 4, 2014
Thought this would be the job that I would retire from. Seven months I was one of the first 500 to get laid off.
N/A
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2014
I have enjoyed working for UPMC the past 3.5 years, but feel it is time to expand to other oppurtunities
Nice and Quiet Workplace
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2014
Cons: heavy work flow
If you like a quiet workspace that will keep you busy this was the best job. I learned so much while doing this job. I learned how to read medical charts, what needs done in order for a doctor to bill for his/her services, what ICD9 and CPT codes are, how to use medical billing software.

The staff I worked with was amazing, I could ask for a better – more... group of doctors/medical staff

Hardest part of the job was the work was never done, there was always something waiting from the day before

Most enjoyable part was it was quiet and you were left on your own to get the job done – less
PC Deployment Technician/Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2014
Great co-workers. Plenty of opportunity to learn new things and network. Lots of travel in the Greater Pittsburgh area.
Fun work place
Data Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2014
Everyone seems to get along. Job gets done even with a relaxed environment
Healthcare
Equipment Planner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2014
Quality and team driven to provide excellent results for patients, families, healthcare workers and hospital visitors. We strive to make safety our top priority for all stakeholders.
If you can avoid UPMC do it!
Central Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Presby and Montefiore in Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: the pay was not bad, extra pay for working a holiday
Cons: the hot decontam room especially in summer, short staffed when the hospital was at 100% capacity, no overtime so supervisor can look good!
Central Supply Specialist: The job sounds glamorous.BUT IT IS NOT. You'l find out in the HOT decontam--when you're about to pass out. Listen: Don't drink the UPMC kool-aid! Especially if Ryan Beaver is serving it.

You'll start off with weekends off and maybe for a month or two then you'll lose them. You'll have to give up holidays .....You'll lose – more... everything you came to care about --but Central Supply will still flourish.

Make sure you have a college education too----well that's ok you can work on it while in Central because you don't have to work hard all the time.

Avoid it if you can--that 11.00 just isn't worth it. Central Supply is one of those jobs that you don't get .50cents after 60 months. – less

May 10, 2014

you will give your life and they will just take it--and drain you. Harrassed and fired from UPMC and now they are fighting my RIGHT to unemployment. BE CAREFUL ---Document everything---BE YOUR OWN UNION REPRESENTATIVE!!!! ****UPMC WON'T ALLOW ONE AND WILL SCREW YOU ANY WHICH WAY THEY CAN AND WILL!!!****

I enjoyed my time at UPMC
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 1, 2014
UPMC is a very well none healthcare organization and I am proud to have worked for them.

About UPMC

UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming – Read more