UPMC

UPMC Employer Reviews

largest employer in Western Pennsylvania
System Analyst - Lead (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: 10 billion dollar corporation
Cons: annual layoffs
Worked on daily issues along with your assigned tasks. Learned something new everyday.
Top heavy management at UPMC.
Co-workers where great to work with.
Resolving problems at 2am in the morning and only given a 30 minute resolution window.
The people I worked with and the users.
huc
secretary (Current Employee), mercyFebruary 12, 2014
secretary , admission, discharging, transport , transfer patient. various duties from doctors and nurses
great experience
Medical Assistant Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Oliver, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free parking nice co workers
Cons: large employee co pays for dr. visits
Fast paced day. Stayed on my feet but it made the day go fast. I loved my co workers we got along like family. The management was good. I dont think there was a hardest part of the day it mostly went smooth. I really enjoy working in the office.
Surgical Pathology Coder - review, code, & process all day.
Medical Coder 1 (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: very repetitive and tedious at times. no happiness with management.
You were required to review, code, and process as many claims per day as possible (250-300). You really had no time to interact with co-workers besides lunch/break. This wasn't a position that you could talk to someone while working.
Innovative, challenging, and productive working enviroment.
Medicaid Outreach Specialist/Bilingual CSR (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2014
My time at UPMC I will cherish. My management team was exceptional and my peers were phenomenal. I learned different facets within the healthcare industry and was able to flourish in my positions within UPMC.
Busy, stressful, horrible managers
Front office (Current Employee), PittsburghFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: no weekend hours
Cons: management (all)
Title says it all, which is very unfortunate because UPMC could be a great place to work but they don't really care about their employees.
Unless you are desperate...
Warehouser (Current Employee), Warrendale, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: if you need a pay check, i guess this job helps.
Cons: every aspect of the job.
Our average day is 12 hours long, it is supposed to be 10. As a general rule, management is rude and uninterested. You WILL be lied to during your interview about overtime. The job is very physical, I walk at least 10 miles every shift. Co-workers are supportive but everyone is constantly looking for a new job. We only get one 30 minute break all day.
Very interactive and laboring
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Assist with patient care/therapies
The work to pay ratio is poor
Budget cuts have thinned staff to much.
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: state of the art equipment.
Cons: low morale of entire imaging department from cuts.
Was a great place to work when I started there but they have just kept cutting so there's no longer enough staff left to properly take care of the patients in a timely manor. Good coworkers that run but people are finally getting burned out from working hard day in and day out. Top notch technology in the imaging department has kept me there longer – more... than I would've tolerated normally with all the cuts and forcing full time staff to go home early to make the budget look better. – less
informational
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: large business
Cons: parking
I was able to participate in up and coming trends in the medical community
Challenging and rewarding work in leading university medical center
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2014
It is both challenging and rewarding to work in a fast paced ever changing environment with leaders in the medical field. Many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Staff are focused on providing optimal patient care.
Good entity, stable environment
Clinical Technician - Radiology Department (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2014
Stable environment, good working atmosphere. Strong clientele base.
Highly skilled in terms of technology in healthcare
RN (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2014
Excellent place to work, fast paced, excellent team work among the healthcare team
Spoke on a wheel
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: decent benefits and perks
Basically working in an office at UPMC is like working at a modern day assembly line. High turn over rate, low worker moral, and low pay with very little room for advancement.
I enjoyed being home every night
clinical lead neurology office (Former Employee), Greenville, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: i really enjoyed learning things i had never done before.
Cons: i do not like dealing with the insurance companies, the prior auth;s, all the paper work period, you do not have time for patients
I had to get all the charts ready for the next day, help the doctor with all the procedures, do all the injections, call backs,
The co-workers were fine with me again I worked well with them and helped anyone I could.
Friendly employees with a positive atmosphere.
Supervisor, Materials Management (Current Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 5, 2014
At UPMC, I have met many employees who welcome you as family. A very close community of employees that have been with the company for many years. This contributes to such a positive atmosphere which makes the work day enjoyable.
Goal driven environment.
Enrollment Specialist III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2013
Pros: career minded.
Cons: insufficient staffing
Work in a highly government regulated environment to ensure all process are completed in a timely and accurate manor. UPMC has enhanced my ability to work to work in a high pressure environment with eye on detail while continually dealing with tight deadlines. Management works to identify your strengths and put you in a position to succeed while keeping – more... eye on career goals. Coworkers at UPMC are mostly young recent college graduates that are highly motivated and career driven. The most difficult part of my workday balancing government regulations while try to maximize customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is mentoring young coworkers to ensure they have a full understanding of the process they will be working and the meaning behind what they are doing. – less
Nice people low staffed
Nursing Assistant/ med tech (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, meeting new people, learning new things
Cons: low on staff
I learned a lot about the health field and how to interact with patients. I enjoyed being a med tech as well as a nursing assistant. The most difficult part about the job was the fact that we were extremely low staffed. I enjoyed working with the other nurses and learning more about the health field.
A great company to work for
Patient Business Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2013
I did various aspects of front medical office. Including billing, insurance verification and pre-registration.
Work
Medical Assistant, Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 15, 2013
Pros: we had lot of drug rep lucheons so no need to bring your lunch.
Cons: no breaks lunch was a hour.
Busy office, some of the staff were whistle blowers but most of all I enjoyed work with the patients and doctors

About UPMC

UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming – Read more