UPMC

UPMC Employee Reviews

Good experience
Specialty Lab Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: no advancement
A good work environment but there is no opportunity for advancement and compensation is low compaired to other health systems
CHP is a beautiful hospital
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee), PittsburghApril 20, 2015
I love CHP, its a beautiful hospital, but in my current dept there is no respect or recognition from physician to staff. It's very sad. Unless your a physician or a nurse, your looked down upon
Really great place to work.
Barista (Former Employee), pghApril 19, 2015
Working for upmc was great they really made you feel like family.
They also had a great credit union program. A typical day at work was really busy and fast past. Theres ton of different kinds of people and they all come together and upmc.
Patient Business Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2015
Daily procedures would include answering telephone calls, scheduling appointments, order office supplies. They hardest part of the job was not having job security the funnest part was interacting with my patients.
productive and very up tempo
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2015
A typical work day was very fast paced and up lifting. Co workers were friendly and helpful when you needed them. Hardest part of them job were just the numbers that we saw on a daily basis in our emergency department.
Beautiful Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Awesome co workers to work with/ faced pace
Cons: short breaks
A typical day involved a lot of emergency care, stat IV, Labs, ekgs, foleys, ETC. We all worked well together. I learned so much at this job, how to do things in a fast but the right way, My manager helped so much. It was nice to be there from day 1 and watch the hospital open and see it succeed.
Good place for work
UX Designer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2015
Nice culture. Good work life balance.
I only do a short time UX/UI internship there, it's not a long time, but I felt good.
Hard to Move UP
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaApril 7, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Hard to move up, Have to use PTO for Sick Days
UPMC is not to bad to work for, however it is hard to move up in the Company unless you are related to someone higher up. Hours are not bad, it is nice to not work nights or weeekends. The pay is not great at all and the benefits are not the best as well. Also it it unfair to have been hired for one office but forced to travel with out travel pay until recently.
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2015
Awesome experience in the health care. Very healthy environment. Wonderful Staff and communication with other workers. Good Pay for the amount of work I do. Excellent Benefits package.
Choose anywhere else
Children's Hospital Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee), Pittsburgh,PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Very little is expected of you.
Cons: Very little is given to you.
Turnover is incredibly high for a reason. The pay is lower than you would receive working anywhere else. The only point in working here is to gain experience to move on to a better company.
Great first research job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaMarch 25, 2015
This was a terrific start to a research career. I enjoy working with a great team that is there to help and educate other fellow coworkers.
Progressive Healthcare IDN
Finance Director (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Exceptional Leadership
UPMC was an organization that was constantly transforming and looking into the future of healthcare. The organization was not only focused on delivering the right care at the right time, but the finance division was filled with top talent. Not only did they focus on the financial stability of the organization, but they also valued talent management, development, recognition and retention.
I loved my nursing job in the TICU
Registered Nurse in Transplant ICU (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2015
Working with transplant patients is a true passion of mine and I love working in the ICU setting. it was sad to leave UPMC when I went to travel because I did love my job very much
Multiple Roles (Mental Health)
Crisis Clinician & Milieu Therapist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh (Mainly) and Seneca, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: decent insurance, pto accrual begins at day 1
Cons: breaks as a crisis clinician are a rarity, non-traditional hours
In mental health you rarely expect a routine day. It generally changes from day to day. However, management for the most part was genuine and supportive of their staff. I enjoyed being able to work with very experienced colleagues who were excellent assets in our line of work.
Very rewarding experience
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Presbyterian University HospitalMarch 18, 2015
The experience enabled me to grow, attending to the needs of patients 18 years of age and older. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the loss of patients.
Productive and helpful to patients
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Oakland, PAMarch 16, 2015
I take and develop X-Ray films.
File films and scan reports into patient charts.
Perform Bone Density's
Do EKG's
If I have any down time I try to help the front office staff by doing some of their scanning.
also unpack and put away supplies.
I get along with my Co-workers and the Physicians.
Enjoy my patients
Lacks IT leadership and vision
SENIOR PROGRAMMER (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: was once an upbeat environment to work focused on patient care.
Cons: now an arguably toxic environment for it workers - depending on your supervisor.
The IT organization is in the midst of a multi-year restructuring. The early phases consisted of cost-cutting by eliminating the higher salaries. What remains are the cheaper, less experienced, questionably motivated folks who are only concerned about the bottom line and preservation of their own job.
Stressful
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2015
Stressful work environment that will run you into the ground if you allow. Treated like a number and expected to drop everything for your job when you should not even be working. Bad benefits for a health care organization.
Large health system that needs to be more proactive.
Health Information Consultant/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: diverse culture
Cons: limited growth
Typical day consists of internal auditing, management, hiring and training, performance appraisals, etc. Striving to enhance departments.
Intense and busy place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: facility was based within close proximity to the university of pittsburgh
Cons: very crowded
UPMC, a Level 1 trauma facility with world renowned reputation, was an interesting place to work. Each day there was fast paced and filled with many interesting cases. I l gained an enormous amount experience in many different disciplines including, but not limited to, neurosurgery, endocrine and general surgeries. My co workers were very well-versed in all aspects of their respective cases. At UPMC, I learned how best to manage my time as we were always very busy. I was able to become proficient at each case I was assigned to. The hardest part of the job was probably, just having graduating from school, was to adjust to such a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of my time there was knowing I was part of a team doing our best to provide the best care available.

About UPMC

UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered – Read more

UPMC Salaries