UPMC

UPMC Employee Reviews

Hostile environment. Always Drama
Patient information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 14, 2015
Poor management. Very little accountability of coworkers productivity. Some employees work their butt off, while another could spend 6 of an hour shift on their cell phone.

Compliance Hot line is worthless.
Benefits
Cons
Its all about who you know
My Experience with UPMC
Contact Center Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2015
Working for UPMC lets me do what i enjoy the most which is being able to help others. I feel that the management team made me feel pretty comfortable to come to them with and concerns or share my thoughts i also enjoyed my co workers who makes my job pleasant and makes it a joy to look forward to coming to work. I would say the hardest part of my job would have to be when I am not able to satisfy a paitent.
Slecific to THIS NEURO PRACTICE: if you want to be treated like a minion and face daily harassment and belittlement then this is for you! t
Pa-C (Former Employee) –  ShadysideAugust 11, 2015
The hours are closer to 60+ a week, but your paid for 40. Your supervising physician will never respect you and expect you to be at his beckon call. And the other mid levels do not work as a team, rather it's every man for themself. Would not recommend this job to my arch nemesis.
Cons
Hours, commute, coworkers, hostile environment
Supports user community for hospital applications
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2015
Responsible for supporting hospital applications, mainly care management applications, including upgrades, enhancements, resolving technical issues, and maintaining compliance and up-to-date utilization management features.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
On-call responsibilities
Competitive and fun place to work.
WPCI Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2015
Rewarding and fast paced environment. I learned about the mental health field and how to counsel and work with the individuals. The management were nice and there was always time for overtime. The hardest part was the physical demands and the most enjoyable part was helping the clients.
Pros
ample possibility for overtime
Interesting & Social
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2015
UPMC is a very beautiful children hospital. I like the research atmosphere, and regular seminar series. It affords opportunity constant and continuous collegiality
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Remuneration is poor, and career progression uncertain
Review
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2015
Increasing work/life balance demands are making it difficult to continue as a home health nurse. Patient care is always exciting and fun, however management are making it too difficult to perform.
Total Rewards
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Western Psychiatric Institute and ClinicJuly 29, 2015
UPMC is moving toward a greater total rewards package. UPMC offers and easy way to see your individual rewards and ways to take advantage of the options available to you.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
retirement investment time
Great Place to work
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PaJuly 28, 2015
I had Great time working for this company Great benefits great pay Great staff and leadership. I believe that this was one of the best companies to work for by far.
Productive.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2015
Early bird catches the worm. I liked the thoughts from the management. They have taught me more independence. Team effort and team work.
Pros
benefits, healthcare
Cons
more training
Positive and negative
Trauma Coordinator and Registrar (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2015
Difficult to get promotions, some management are nice, coworkers are friendly, flexible work schedules. Pay is lower.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule, coworkers
Cons
Pay, promotions.
Good place to start, no job security
IT (Former Employee) –  Piottsburgh PAJune 24, 2015
Had a great manager, who cared, too bad the organization doesn't.
They tend to let go loyal people because of years of service and pay.
You work hard all your life to get the pay you deserve only for them to say Oh this person makes too much we need to let them go, not will you take a reduction or work with you in any way, seeya.
Pros
Alot of good people work there
Cons
No Security
Horrible company
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2015
If you want to work for a company that does not care for its employees, provides no training, then this is the company for you
Cons
They do not provide training, horrible management
hectic call center
Referral Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2015
Hectic medical call center, poor management, no regard for your personal life, little to no breaks, lucky if I get away for 15 min a day, not allowed to eat in the office so most days I don't even eat until I get home. High stress position and I am someone who thrives in a fast paced environment under pressure.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
Diverse and secure place to work.
Patient Care Technician - Shadyside Hospital (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 12, 2015
Learn how to work independently. High percentage of easy to get along with staff. The hardest part of the job is when it is short-staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with nice people.
Pros
Great team work, tuition reimbursement/advancement
Cons
Parking is expensive, short-staffed for nursing assistants, interrupted lunch breaks.
Great place for step into medical field
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh,PAJune 10, 2015
learned how to build relationship with patients.
learn how to do clerical work.
learn how to manipulate SPSS.
Staff are often appreciated
Review of work day.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 9, 2015
Typical work day, get report from prior shift, start vital signs. Set rooms up for post-op and any trauma patients. Work together in establishing a relationship among patients as well as co-workers. The hardest part of my job is always being on the move. Some days there are no breaks and over time that can be hard on the body. The most enjoyable part of job is the patient care. These patients enjoy having you sit with them and talk about how they feel.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
No breaks
Upbeat and high energy workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2015
Overseeing a group of 15 staff members on an outreach team. We outreach to our members and help assists in scheduling prevenative screening appointments.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 8, 2015
As an IT healthcare consultant, I worked with Clinical, EHR and Financial teams. I also worked with various other consultants from Stoltenburg and Cerner/Siemens.

I served as the Laboratory, Radiology and Dietary system analyst. HL7 interface review and troubleshooting was also a daily task for me.

I have the most experience with Siemens apllications, but I am willing to learn new Clinical and non-Clinical systems.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Position eliminated
It all depends on your manager
Systems Analyst Associate (Current Employee) –  MelwoodJune 8, 2015
The company is wonderful. The compensation is low, but the benefits are good. If you have the right manager your life will be a breeze. But be wary of the bad ones.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Some terrible managers