UPMC

UPMC Employer Reviews

Productive and friendly
Postdoctoral research associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2014
Research network within the institute is commandable. Improves productivity as people are open for colLaborations and suggestions.
Answered inbound calls to schedule appointments.
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PAJuly 24, 2014
Hours were 8-5 M-F. Came into the office answered calls and tried to assist the patients.
I learned that this type of work was not for me.
Management was not supportive and really lacked leadership.
I did enjoy working with my co-workers. We all got along. There were only 6 of us in the department.
Coordinating all appoints and tests for the same day – more... for patients was the hardest part o the job.
I enjoyed the company of my co-workers while I was there. – less
Get along with everyone. Enjoyable work enviorment
WorkSource Admin Professional (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friendly enviorment
Help produce badges, set up as well as help with New Employee Beginnings Orientation. Data Entry of new hires.
would like to work there again
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2014
nice company lots of opportunities and I would like to work there again
great coworkers
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2014
I enjoyed my coworkers. We constantly stayed busy answering about sixty calls per day.
No support from management, bad benefits, no raises or room for improvement
Developmental Specialist II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2014
No support from management, bad benefits, no raises or room for improvement or growth.
surgeries, clinics
Administrative Assistant - Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great to work with
Cons: the pay is not good
I schedule surgeries for two surgeons, make sure that all pre-testing is completed and in a packet to send to same day surgery nurses. I also, pull clinics and make sure that the patients chart is in the correct order and that all the labs and any other pertinent information in the chart for the surgeon. Answer multiple phone lines, as well as fax information – more... to other doctors, and scan paper wok into the patients charts. The hardest part about my job is trying to get a hold of other doctors offices to obtain patients records. I enjoy everything about my job. It is a busy environment and the day goes by. My co-workers are great to work with and we help each other out when needed. – less
Great Place
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), PittsburghJune 18, 2014
Great place. Scapegoated as an evil company often-times. I truly enjoy working here.
workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2014
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 11, 2014
great environment to work. great job and loved going daily.
I left this position because there was major construction going on on route 28
Learned a Lot
System Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh,PAJune 9, 2014
Provider related work, learned lot in Informatica and in SQL.
No long-term growth
Accountant Associate (Present) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaJune 8, 2014
Great for a career boost if you need a holding pattern in your life until a REAL job opportunity comes your way...definitely a fine place for a newly grad. Get in, get your experience, get out!
You're in Pittsburgh's largest company, so run with it while you can!

Coworkers are miserable and work only to collect a bi-weekly pay. There is a major lacking – more... of passion an/or willingness to learn. – less
good workplace
Temporary Service/ Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients with everyday needs and my co-workers.
Clinical environment
HR Assistant (Former Employee), PittsburghJune 5, 2014
This was my first experience in the clinical setting registering patients. I learned a lot about communication and patience.
Excellent Organization
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2014
A very well managed and treated organization with excellent opportunities to grow
Offers very much to the employees.
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), North Hills, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: very stable employment
Cons: traveling
A typical day was patient care, scheduling surgeries with administrative duties.
Enjoyed working with co-workers and their enthusiasm for their job.
Hardest part of the job was traveling, and explaining to a patient the negative of their injury,
The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the patient good news and a positive outlook with their injury.
Productive work place, no micro managing
RN (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2014
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: management and how they implement new projects too much confusion and disagreeing
Typical day meet pts where they are and get them where they need to go.Face to Face. Coordinate care with physicians
Address and close gaps in care both in person and on the phone
Great co-workers
Managing the High BH, you coordinate all their care but they do not follow through.
You see improvement in peoples' health as you have coordinated and facilitated – more... their care – less
Forward-thinking organization
Sr. Dir., Materials Management/Distribution (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2014
Pros: many oportunities for advancements.
UPMC is an excellent organization with very forward-thinking Senior Management. We are given the opportunity to pitch ideas, formulate business plans and present ROIs in an effort to help move the organization ahead.
Go-Live Support for Epic EMR implementation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Altoona, PAMay 7, 2014
Provided Epic Go-Live support for a three week project in a Family practice department which involved travel to Altoona PA.
good starting point
Patient Information Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, PAMay 4, 2014
Solid starting point, good benefits, stable company in Pittsburgh area. The pay scale at UPMC is pretty bad compared to other health systems. Weak management and lack of communication.

About UPMC

UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered – Read more