UPMC Employee Reviews in United States

Okay place to work
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2016
Management usually has no idea what is going on. Very little guidance when you have an issue. Little room for advancement.
Pros
decent benefits. daylight hours
Cons
short breaks, hectic day. management
The job is great and I was my own boss.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2016
I was my own boss I could do what I wanted when I wanted. The owner trusted me to take care of things as they needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was getting out of bed to go to work.
Pros
Pros was being my own boss
Cons
Con was little correspondence with people
working at Upmc
Payment Application Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2016
i would say the hardest part of the job is keep up with the payers I have and making call to medicare. My co-workers are enjoyable to work for.
Pros
work threw lunch
Cons
healthcare
Fun Ppeople
Clinical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2016
Working with mammograms. The people are really enjoyable. The departments are very close so you get to meet and intermix with other people in different departments.
Enjoyed working at UPMC
Account Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2016
Work daily bucket claims that denied or did not pay per contracted
rate.
Answer incoming calls
Research accounts

Enjoyed people I work with
Pros
co workers
It has been a great experience
Lead Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2016
I have learned a lot from working at upmc. I have recieved a lot of growth opportunities through the years. I Loved the staff and coworkers.
Loved the environment and the people
Implementation Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoy working in dynamic environments. The management that I worked with seemed engaged and truly embraced feedback.
Pros
new employees
Cons
travel time
Evil empire
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2016
Typically over worked with little to no room for advancement. It has horrible management across the board. There were no enjoyable parts to working for this company.
Pittsburgh- ping pong table
Administrative Assistant - Neurology Department (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2016
Woman own- Non-profits which is great in itself!! I way's giving back to the community! I loved working in oAKLAND! They have a awesome website read more on them!
Pros
COMPUTE
Cons
NO FREE LUNCH - CHARGED YOU FOR EVERYTHING
little room for advancement
Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2016
management in the office I work in is great. co-workers are miserable and can easily bring you down. high volume office, good length of breaks
poor place to work for
ultrasound (Former Employee) –  radiologySeptember 7, 2015
It's all about management and pushing to bring in more money with the lowest paid income in the area . You work your butt. Off and if they are slow. They cut your hours and send you home so you use your pto.
Cons
pay is horrible
Highly educational and productive workplace
Research Associate at Nicotine Research Lab (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2015
There was such a great opportunity to start off at such a large company in an entry level job. I was able to really learn the basics of office life and take advantage of all the perks that UPMC has to offer.
Pros
Perks and Daily events
Cons
Large corporation
Loved working with UPMC
Professional Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2016
UPMC is a teaching hospital. I learned a lot. There are many growth opportunities. Unfortunately, pay is not great at all.
Wonderful experience
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2016
The department I worked in was full of amazing, dedicated people that displayed compassion to the patients they served!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Parking
sad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2016
not very friend, doesn't treat staff well at all, but I worked for a upmc doctors office not the hospital.
They are not understanding at all in no type of way.
If your a mediacl asst you might as well be the garbage man when you work for Marybeth Benet.
Wonderful and Supportive
On-Site Health Coaching Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 15, 2015
I spent most of my days shadowing health coaches and creative projects that the on-site health coaches may use in the future. I learned how to better communicate with members of the UPMC health plan using our individual health and wellness programs and also grew experienced with team work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, PAJanuary 18, 2016
Goal driven, and time consuming while working with several other talented people in the IT work place. Requires a lot of background in the IT and computer industry. Must have a good knowledge of computer and tech skills.
small, yet effecient place to work with job security
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Working within UPMC was a steady typical day at work, with the differences of working for a numerous physicians and acting as a liason when a physician was unavailable. I learned to be more patient with interaction with patients from the teachings that I gained working with different entities of healthcare. I've always was a go getter and a self starter with little or no supervision, but when I realized and was told that I could actually run the practice I knew that I have overcome my challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I meet so many people that made me to work at my best to be trustworthy of them that I was recommended to speak to when patients would contact the office. The most enjoyable part was that I learned so much. My main entity was working with Neurology. I understand so much now and am so grateful that I was chosen from a number of others to work within that group.
Pros
no micro management, short commute, hour long lunch.
Cons
no room for advancement
Competitive and fun place to work.
WPCI Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2015
Rewarding and fast paced environment. I learned about the mental health field and how to counsel and work with the individuals. The management were nice and there was always time for overtime. The hardest part was the physical demands and the most enjoyable part was helping the clients.
Pros
ample possibility for overtime
It'a living
Certfied Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2015
Hospital is very busy and difficult place to work. Nursing home can have some very difficult (personality wise) long term patients.Large staff in hospital all type of people - good and bad. Small staff in nursing home - worked with a good bunch of people. Respiratory managers were great and supportive.
Pros
Severance pay rexeived for 12 weeks
Cons
Closed the department suddenly