UPMC Employee Reviews

Clean Enviroment
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed working there they always kept me on my feet. Showed me the importance of respect as well as work can be fun. The hardest part for me was working around patients andto make them feel as comfortable as possible.
Pros
no comment
Cons
turn over rate was very quick
Professional Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2017
The co-workers were friendly and I was able to make a lot of friends while working there. Very fast paced working environment. Working with the patients was the best part of the job.
Good place to work.
Clinical Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2017
UPMC is a great place to work, I have been able to advance in my career and the tuition benefits are great. I feel that nurses, in general, are not paid well, this is not a UPMC phenomenon, it is a national one.
Great
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2017
This job is really good for getting to know patient's and having an understanding of how to speak to people. It is crucial experience for anyone hoping to be a nurse, doctor, or work in the healthcare field.
nice work enviroment
Contact center specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and the people that I worked with, there is an opportunity for advancement after 1 year of service , once you receive your annual raise you must wait 6 months before you can apply for another position so basically you cannot advance for 18 months from your current position
Pros
business casual atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
Excellent site to gain wide variety of experience
Staff Nurse Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2017
Perfect setting to gain and perfect your skills in your area of expertise Wide variety of patients both transplant and general medical surgical patients
Ref-com agent
Referral Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
A very stressful yet rewarding position. Requires fine attention to detail and the ability to work under constant stress. Rewarding due to the fact that once a case is opened, the ref-com agent is responsible for a patient's transfer from one facility to another under the premise that the patient is suffering from a life threatening condition.
Okay Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2017
Okay place to work. Stressful but has good benefits. Management not good. They do not take employee concerns seriously. Staff overworked and not appreciated. Can move up if you know the right people.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Stressful, Low Wage
Learning experience
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2017
Upmc offers alot of opportunities various it's many umbrellas to learn and development yourself to be effective against competitors in the open job market.
They have a very friendly but professional atmosphere.
Specimen processor 1 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2017
I truly enjoyed my short time at this job. My co-workers made me feel welcome. Training was set at a pace I was able to keep up with. I plan to apply again.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
none noticed

Want to know more about UPMC?

Ask a question
Terrible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Squirrel Hill, PAApril 2, 2017
Be sure to choose which part of UPMC you are working for wisely. I have worked at Heritage and Seneca long term care skilled facilities and both places were terrible. Resident to Aid ratio daylight is 10-15/1 and overnight is 25-30/1. Not enough staffing and coworkers treat each other terrible.
Avoid upmc
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 31, 2017
This company is out of control. Providers are just commodities. No one is valued. We are all disposable. The only people that are successful are people that will overlook the good of the people to fall in line with what is best for the UPMC bottom line. The management and leadership are simply awful. The only thing UPMC has going for it is the number of jobs, but there are more options available now. UPMC is not the only job option. Many non-upmc jobs pay significantly more anyway. When I left a weight was lifted. Do not do it. It is not worth the frustration. Employees deserve better. Attend a local NP networking event or the PA Coalition of NP conference and do your research before accepting a position with UPMC.
Cons
Terrible company
love it
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2017
I love my job and the people I work with. UPMC is a great company to work for. the management are friendly and very great to work with. when I request time off or need to take care of things for my son they are always willing to make things work.
Terrible place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2017
Under paid and even more alerting UNDER VALUED! I would never recommend someone to work for this greedy company. The annual raises are at most 3% making obtaining the upper range for a position impossible. They have healthcare professionals over a barrel because there are limited places to work.
Cons
Low pay
UPMC Support Specialist
CLINICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2017
Productive workplace. Higher up managers are really engaged with their employers. They are very thoughtful and take in consideration of any issue with staff.
Pros
Great way to move up within the company
Cons
not enough money
Sexist members of management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, PAMarch 18, 2017
The benefits are great but I experienced pay inequality, sexism and nepotism severely. I was glad to have moved on. HR condones this behavior. Management is very afraid of the upper management.
Vacations good and co-workers awesome
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, PAMarch 14, 2017
The Environment was clean and the management treated employees with dignity and respect. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a positive work environment.
Management sucks
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2017
Don't do it? You will regret it?
Yes, this particular department is terrible.The shifts sucks. They'll have you doing any and everything for there accommodations.You also have to Dispatch for every hospital and shuttle drivers throughout UPMC.
Benefits
Cons
Shifts, Dispatcher, Lead Supervisors
Fun place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAMarch 8, 2017
The facility is brand new. The doctors are nice. The management care about staff. The facility has two ice rinks. Physical therapy. MRI and x-ray all around wonderful place
Productive work environment
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2017
Very fun environment, easy work place, professional staff, and effective training. Scheduling was very easy. Great work place and great hands on ecperience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPMC. Our community is ready to answer.