UPMC

UPMC Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Case manager 2 (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with clients and coworkers. There isn't a typical day at work due to crisis that could happen at anytime. Enjoyed working with transitional age clients
Solid experience for 19 years
Director, Enterprise Technology Services (Former Employee), Oakland - Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: my wonderful coworkers and project management work
Cons: executive management did not always provide full backing when promised.
As a Director in IT, I had 6 teams reporting to me with approximately 50 FTEs. I had great relationships with all of my direct reports and their staff members. I encouraged training and enhancing their skill sets to continue advancing in their careers. My staff members were very loyal to me, and I was fully up to date and engaged in all of their duties all the while giving them the space they needed to run their individual areas. I am a strong believer in premium customer service and this was represented throughout my department. I attended several daily meetings with every job level from managers (and their staff) all the way up through Senior Executive Management, including the CFO of UPMC.

I was deeply involved in cost savings efforts and took the initiative to start projects to improve current processes in place as well as bring new ideas to the table. I had very good relationships with my peers and still do to this day. I was often given challenged and failing projects at UPMC to rebuild and turn into successful and rewarding programs for the UPMC enterprise. I thoroughly enjoyed the project management work in which me and my teams could observe current situations, analyze data, revise processes and put our hard work into action to see them become valuable and useful assets.

I learned so much in my 17+ years at UPMC. I worked every position from Operator to Operations Engineer to Project Manager all the way up to Director. I take great pride in my work and strive to achieve my goals so I can truly feel accomplished with the work I've completed each and every day. I have – more... a strong work ethic, and I am aggressive with any task given to me. I had a wonderful mentor (my Direct VP) that taught me so key skills in management. I honor what I have learned today and apply them to my everyday life. I am extremely loyal and work hard for what I believe in, even if challenge and need to prove my standing on a situation. At the same time, I am very reasonable and can listen to my coworker's point of view and look for common ground.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my managers and their staff happy in their jobs and proud of the work they do and getting recognized for it. – less
Strong Collaboration
Professional Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
I was privileged to have had the opportunity to work in a unit that was very supportive and knowledgable in the care they were providing. The staff for which I worked with were skilled and willing to be a true patient advocate. The most enjoyable part of the job were the staff amongst the team, physicians, nurses, nursing assistants, and other ancillary staff. Another enjoyable part of working within this team was of seeing positive patient outcomes and excellent care be a culture among the unit. The hardest part of the job was having enough time to complete every task exactly on time. At times we had a shortage of staff, so that had made it challenging to give the quality of care I wanted to.
Credentialing Coordinator
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: non encouragment to advance within departments
Daily data entry, verifying docuents needed for insurance payors to process claim for provider. I deal with about 50 insurance payors on a daily basis. I am responsible for new hires to be linked to the insurance payors in a timely manner with their date of hire.
Productive well centered work place
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i get to take complete control on my fathers healthcare
Cons: home more, but hes my father and he comes first
A typical work day for me is taking care of my ill father with the help of my mother and sister.
So with the help from them is giving me an opportunity to go back out to the work place.
It was a great place to work!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2014
It was a typical job- it had its perks but it could be challenging at times. Overall UPMC was a fantastic place to work and it was nice to work in an environment that was striving to provide excellent care to its patients.
Fulfilling work experience
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), US Steel Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15219September 26, 2014
Pros: always looking for a better way to process information, good compensation package
Cons: long work hours the beginning of each month
A typical work day included account analysis, financial preparation and review, application review for current updates. I learned the importance of optimizing my time to complete various tasks and projects in a timely and accurate manner. The management team was instrumental in providing guidance with systemwide initiatives. The co-workers were competent in working towards a final product each month. The hardest part of the job, was also the most enjoyable - finding the most efficient way to process monthly information for a two day month-end close.
Good opportunity for employment
Cold/Hot Cook, Nutritionist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great pay, good hours, and an quick learning experience
A typical day consist of prep work.Therefore after you start you part of your assignment which will leave you batching cooking which isnt bad at all. also if you finish early I usually help other with their work if they need a extra hand. As far as management they can have there good day n bad one but overall they're good people. Sometime the hard part of the day is find space to place all your hot items when everyone cooking but then you have a efficient amount of time to get everything done the time frame.
Loved my clients and coworkers
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), McKeesportSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: close to home, wonderful coworkers, enjoyed the population that i served.
Cons: no advancement opportunities, poor management
My day would start with a report of all consumers. My coworkers and I would identify any issues and brainstorm on how to deal with them in the most positive and productive manner. We would also identify strengths and work to foster those. The best part of the job was having one on one time with consumers. The worst part of the job was knowing that the management would not take in to considerate any ideas or suggestions to improve the workplace. The number one suggestion being safety. I learned so much from this job that it would be difficult to list it all. I think what I learned the most was how to get information from people that would allow me to do my job to the best of my ability.
Interesting experience
Transporter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2014
• Escorted patients safely and in a timely manner throughout the hospital to their destination
• Provided patients with needs such as oxygen during trip and ensured their comfort.
Great friendly environment
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: being able to work without being micromanaged
Cons: the uncertainty of job security within the company
A typical day at work consists of solving problems via e-mail, working a daily queue of EHR in a variety of systems, answering questions about the systems, and looking for patterns in the quality of the data. I've learned a lot about data management and looking for patterns within the data. I also learned that team work is an essential component and a great resource to have in a company. My co-workers are great and helpful in every way. They welcome any question I have and answer them to the best of their ability. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work freely without being micromanaged I believe that I makes me more productive and more eager to learn new things.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2014
My daily activity in work was all customer service based. Working with patients of all backgrounds and personalities
Lots of opportunities
Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2014
Lots of opportunities and challenges, great people, and a patient focused career.
Terrible Management
Team Assistant (Current Employee), Seven FieldsSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: patients and co-workers
Cons: no breaks, poor management
This was the worse place under incompetent management I have ever worked for in my 20+ years. Nurses are over worked, office staff is underpaid. The benefits are the only reason I have stayed, that and the patients and my co-workers. Nurses in management with no experience is a terrible concept. Typical day is doing the job of 2-3 people and the same expectation to complete all work in your shift. Hardest part of my job is swallowing the line of bull feed by management. The most enjoyable part are my coworkers and the patients.
Rewarding yet challenging
Mental Health Worker - Primary Clinician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2014
No two days are the same. The best part of the day is when one of the adolescents masters a skill or can see things click and their persepective of themselves and the world changes. They become hopeful, it's wonderful to see everytime.
Great work environment!!
WorkSource Data Entry Pro (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: paid breaks and lunches
Working for UPMC has been the best work experience. I met many friends. I would recommend friends and family to work for UPMC.
Very advanced in their technology, great people to work with
Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good management, friendly co-workers, great teachers
Cons: far from where i lived.
Very busy during the day, less during the evening.

I learned a lot about vascular ultrasounds and how they can fix blood flow issues.

Management was great. Always checking to see if we need any help.

Co-workers were great, very friendly .

The hardest part of the job for me was learning the positioning of the patient to get the very best viewing window.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the variations of problems presented to us every day.
A nice learning environment for new nurses
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2014
Good place to work. Patoent is required as efforts made to advance in nursing
Good job but limited upward mobility
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: little advancement, few days off
I am happy to divulge any and all information about this employer, this job and my responsibilities, my co-workers and management upon request. There was nothing I found difficult about this job while there were many things I enjoyed.
HealthCare
Director of Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 18, 2014
High pressure, high intensity, teamwork, large organization, compliance, outpatient practices.

About UPMC

UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered – Read more

UPMC Salaries