Uponor Employee Reviews

i was # one production pruducer
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  apple valleSeptember 4, 2014
i,m hard working , like team , help around when i finish ma job
Lacks diversity (BE AWARE!)
Prospective (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MN 55124March 13, 2014
My friend did not have the heart to write this. May this act as a wake up call to prospective employees that have an ethnic background and have the professional qualifications to work for this organization.

Try to look for Ethnic/black people who work at this company or research their employment history in hiring Ethnic/black professionals. You will be hard pressed to do so! A lot can be said about Uponor's culture and it's organization as a whole here in the United States. This is sad, because they indeed lack the kind of diversity that would allow them to be a better company in the future.

Other than that, an overall good organization!
Pros
they take care of thier own!
Cons
the culture of uponor greatly lacks diversity.
productive but draining
Lead Mixing/Tooling operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 7, 2014
we start by seeing what tools are priority to complete first for the extruders and start mixing material for the extruders as well.
the manager shows up and tells us any changes or maintenance that will be happening that day.
the co workers are fun and make the job enjoyable
the hardest part are the hours
Pros
free lunch and good pay
LEED Certified Building
Operational Excellence Lead & Warehouse Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 23, 2013
Very clean & environmental friendly. I started as a contracted employee and then was offered a full-time position. Within 5 months I applied for the Production Trainer position and accepted the offer. Ever since then, I have trained in multiple departments and very knowledgeable about them. One of my responsibilities in my current role is a document control representative. I create and revise all documents for the facility, which includes forms, procedures, work instructions, value stream maps, and A3s to name a few. From my initial start date, I have been rated as a high performer on my annual reviews.
benefits
uponor is number 1 in heating/cooling pipe
Lead mixing/tooling operator (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 9, 2013
I help the daily operations of my department. i learned how to run the mixers and the tooling department. The mangers are fair people. My co-workers help make the job fun. The hardest part is the mixing area. The most enjoyable part is the fun people I work with
Manufactures excellent products, strong emphasis on employee safety.
Unit Tester (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 14, 2012
- Once you get the hang of things, a typical day is fairly predictable and may become tedious at times, but it usually is not stressful either.
- I learned how to use cordless drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, pressurized staplers, and how to fix Radiant Ready 30E units.
- My managers are caring, kind, and ready to lend a hand when needed.They are always looking for ways to make production quicker and simpler.
- My co-workers are down-to-earth, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.
- I have to lift (with the help of a co-worker) 130 lb. units out of boxes onto carts to test and put them back into their boxes when I finish testing them.
- I get to focus more on the quality of my work than on quantity of units tested per day (but I still am encouraged to work efficiently, so I do not slack off).
Pros
free coffee; two fifteen minute breaks (morning and afternoon) and a half-hour lunch.
Cons
no view of the outdoors in the warehouse.
Uponor was a plastic pipe maker.
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 22, 2012
Uponor was my first job out of college and allowed me to devlope a compasion for the prodcution enviroment.