Uponor Employee Reviews

Poor trainers to new employes
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 5, 2017
New employees don't get the training that they need to do the job that is required of them, so a lot of them end up not knowing their jobs. When you ask a question about a task that you are asked to do some of the Management will help you, but others just expect you to know it.
Pros
Good PTO
Great Environment, Great People
Senior Design Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Uponor is a great company to work for, many benefits. Good coworkers and good upper management to help lead the way. Opportunities for travel and volunteering can help break up the daily grind. Many interoffice gatherings with food or snacks for moral boost or continuous education.
Pros
Benifits (health care, Pto, 401k)
Cons
Some positions may seem stagnant for advancement
Fast-paced, friendly environment for a labor-intensive job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNAugust 28, 2017
Everyone I met was friendly and welcoming. I never felt unable to ask for help, even from superiors. The environment was fairly loud, but they offered ear protection. I dealt with a lot of heavy machinery, but never felt unsafe. They always pressed for safety, even when speed would have been preferable.
Pros
Paid breaks, helpful and understanding management
Cons
physical labor, long hours
Fun and smart place to work
Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 31, 2017
The workplace culture was fantastic. The people I worked with were amazing. The hardest part of my job was finding solutions for our projects. Seeing as how they were very difficult problems that's to be expected. The job was challenging, yet rewarding.
Typical Work Day
Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 26, 2017
Managed over 65 Million Dollars worth of material on a daily basis. Lead multiple projects cross functionally to exceed company goals and expectations.

I gained the knowledge of Supply Chain functions and how the business flows from sales entry to order completion. I focused on business flow at a high level and how to influence upper management cross functionally.
A great first time job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN 55044June 28, 2017
Working there was nice, I learned a lot from the Plumbing team & had nice mentors helping me out. The workplace was enjoyable place to work at. Quiet & nice.
Good place to work, hard job to learn
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJune 25, 2017
My only complaint is that learning to make pipe in spec is a long complicated process. The people there are great and it is a very clean place. They also pay more to work nights.
Pros
Clean, good people, good benefits
Cons
Long shifts, hard job to learn as it is an art not a science
Great Company with Great Benefits
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Wish they had a 4 day 10 hrs shift in stead of 5 ..8 hrs shifts. Great co-workers. Just Need a 1st shift opportunity. Anyone looking for great vacation benefits this will be a great company to explore into.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
First Shift opportunities are seldom
Good Place to work
Distribution Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 19, 2016
Very flexible with work/life. Commodity product offerings makes value difficult. Sales has a lot of rope and pull here.
Coil Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work was running the machine and making sure it stayed running correctly. Measuring parts and paper work. I would say the biggest thing I learned that was new and a little difficult at first was the measurement tool's we had to use. Management was always pretty helpful when you had any questions. My co-workers were really nice and fun to work with and also very helpful if I had any issues and couldn't find Management. The hardest part of the job was just how physically demanding it was. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee functions the company would have throughout the year.
Excellent employees and fun work environment
Mixing and Tooling Operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 8, 2015
The company was ranked in the top 100 best workplaces. Great work and home balance. Everyone was friendly and willing to help out when necessary.
i was # one production pruducer
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  apple valleSeptember 4, 2014
i,m hard working , like team , help around when i finish ma job
Lacks diversity (BE AWARE!)
Prospective (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MN 55124March 13, 2014
My friend did not have the heart to write this. May this act as a wake up call to prospective employees that have an ethnic background and have the professional qualifications to work for this organization.

Try to look for Ethnic/black people who work at this company or research their employment history in hiring Ethnic/black professionals. You will be hard pressed to do so! A lot can be said about Uponor's culture and it's organization as a whole here in the United States. This is sad, because they indeed lack the kind of diversity that would allow them to be a better company in the future.

Other than that, an overall good organization!
Pros
They take care of thier own!
Cons
The culture of Uponor greatly lacks diversity.
productive but draining
Lead Mixing/Tooling operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 7, 2014
we start by seeing what tools are priority to complete first for the extruders and start mixing material for the extruders as well.
the manager shows up and tells us any changes or maintenance that will be happening that day.
the co workers are fun and make the job enjoyable
the hardest part are the hours
Pros
free lunch and good pay
LEED Certified Building
Operational Excellence Lead & Warehouse Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 23, 2013
Very clean & environmental friendly. I started as a contracted employee and then was offered a full-time position. Within 5 months I applied for the Production Trainer position and accepted the offer. Ever since then, I have trained in multiple departments and very knowledgeable about them. One of my responsibilities in my current role is a document control representative. I create and revise all documents for the facility, which includes forms, procedures, work instructions, value stream maps, and A3s to name a few. From my initial start date, I have been rated as a high performer on my annual reviews.
Benefits
uponor is number 1 in heating/cooling pipe
Lead mixing/tooling operator (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 9, 2013
I help the daily operations of my department. i learned how to run the mixers and the tooling department. The mangers are fair people. My co-workers help make the job fun. The hardest part is the mixing area. The most enjoyable part is the fun people I work with
Manufactures excellent products, strong emphasis on employee safety.
Unit Tester (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 14, 2012
- Once you get the hang of things, a typical day is fairly predictable and may become tedious at times, but it usually is not stressful either.
- I learned how to use cordless drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, pressurized staplers, and how to fix Radiant Ready 30E units.
- My managers are caring, kind, and ready to lend a hand when needed.They are always looking for ways to make production quicker and simpler.
- My co-workers are down-to-earth, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.
- I have to lift (with the help of a co-worker) 130 lb. units out of boxes onto carts to test and put them back into their boxes when I finish testing them.
- I get to focus more on the quality of my work than on quantity of units tested per day (but I still am encouraged to work efficiently, so I do not slack off).
Pros
free coffee; two fifteen minute breaks (morning and afternoon) and a half-hour lunch.
Cons
no view of the outdoors in the warehouse.