Uponor Employee Reviews

Excellent employees and fun work environment
Mixing and Tooling Operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 8, 2015
The company was ranked in the top 100 best workplaces. Great work and home balance. Everyone was friendly and willing to help out when necessary.
i was # one production pruducer
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  apple valleSeptember 4, 2014
i,m hard working , like team , help around when i finish ma job
productive but draining
Lead Mixing/Tooling operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 7, 2014
we start by seeing what tools are priority to complete first for the extruders and start mixing material for the extruders as well.
the manager shows up and tells us any changes or maintenance that will be happening that day.
the co workers are fun and make the job enjoyable
the hardest part are the hours
Pros
free lunch and good pay
Cons
LEED Certified Building
Operational Excellence Lead & Warehouse Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 23, 2013
Very clean & environmental friendly. I started as a contracted employee and then was offered a full-time position. Within 5 months I applied for the Production Trainer position and accepted the offer. Ever since then, I have trained in multiple departments and very knowledgeable about them. One of my responsibilities in my current role is a document control representative. I create and revise all documents for the facility, which includes forms, procedures, work instructions, value stream maps, and A3s to name a few. From my initial start date, I have been rated as a high performer on my annual reviews.
benefits
uponor is number 1 in heating/cooling pipe
Lead mixing/tooling operator (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 9, 2013
I help the daily operations of my department. i learned how to run the mixers and the tooling department. The mangers are fair people. My co-workers help make the job fun. The hardest part is the mixing area. The most enjoyable part is the fun people I work with
Manufactures excellent products, strong emphasis on employee safety.
Unit Tester (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 14, 2012
- Once you get the hang of things, a typical day is fairly predictable and may become tedious at times, but it usually is not stressful either.
- I learned how to use cordless drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, pressurized staplers, and how to fix Radiant Ready 30E units.
- My managers are caring, kind, and ready to lend a hand when needed.They are always looking for ways to make production quicker and simpler.
- My co-workers are down-to-earth, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.
- I have to lift (with the help of a co-worker) 130 lb. units out of boxes onto carts to test and put them back into their boxes when I finish testing them.
- I get to focus more on the quality of my work than on quantity of units tested per day (but I still am encouraged to work efficiently, so I do not slack off).
Pros
free coffee; two fifteen minute breaks (morning and afternoon) and a half-hour lunch.
Cons
no view of the outdoors in the warehouse.
Uponor was a plastic pipe maker.
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 22, 2012
Uponor was my first job out of college and allowed me to devlope a compasion for the prodcution enviroment.