Uponor

Uponor Employer Reviews

i was # one production pruducer
Machine Operator (Former Employee), apple valleSeptember 4, 2014
i,m hard working , like team , help around when i finish ma job
Lacks diversity (BE AWARE!)
Prospective (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MN 55124March 13, 2014
Pros: they take care of thier own!
Cons: the culture of uponor greatly lacks diversity.
My friend did not have the heart to write this. May this act as a wake up call to prospective employees that have an ethnic background and have the professional qualifications to work for this organization.

Try to look for Ethnic/black people who work at this company or research their employment history in hiring Ethnic/black professionals. You will be hard pressed to do so! A lot can be said about Uponor's culture and it's organization as a whole here in the United States. This is sad, because they indeed lack the kind of diversity that would allow them to be a better company in the future.

Other than that, an overall good organization!
LEED Certified Building
Operational Excellence Lead & Warehouse Trainer (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Very clean & environmental friendly. I started as a contracted employee and then was offered a full-time position. Within 5 months I applied for the Production Trainer position and accepted the offer. Ever since then, I have trained in multiple departments and very knowledgeable about them. One of my responsibilities in my current role is a document control representative. I create and revise all documents for the facility, which includes forms, procedures, work instructions, value stream maps, and A3s to name a few. From my initial start date, I have been rated as a high performer on my annual reviews.
uponor is number 1 in heating/cooling pipe
Lead mixing/tooling operator (Current Employee), Apple Valley, MNJanuary 9, 2013
I help the daily operations of my department. i learned how to run the mixers and the tooling department. The mangers are fair people. My co-workers help make the job fun. The hardest part is the mixing area. The most enjoyable part is the fun people I work with
Manufactures excellent products, strong emphasis on employee safety.
Unit Tester (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNNovember 14, 2012
Pros: free coffee; two fifteen minute breaks (morning and afternoon) and a half-hour lunch.
Cons: no view of the outdoors in the warehouse.
- Once you get the hang of things, a typical day is fairly predictable and may become tedious at times, but it usually is not stressful either.
- I learned how to use cordless drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, pressurized staplers, and how to fix Radiant Ready 30E units.
- My managers are caring, kind, and ready to lend a hand when needed.They are always looking for ways to make production quicker and simpler.
- My co-workers are down-to-earth, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.
- I have to lift (with the help of a co-worker) 130 lb. units out of boxes onto carts to test and put them back into their boxes when I finish testing them.
- I get to focus more on the quality of my work than on quantity of units tested per day (but I still am encouraged to work efficiently, so I do not slack off).
Uponor was a plastic pipe maker.
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJune 22, 2012
Uponor was my first job out of college and allowed me to devlope a compasion for the prodcution enviroment.

About Uponor

At the core of Uponor is its plastic pipe operations, some 55% of sales, to be precise. The group is a global supplier of plumbing – Read more