Upper Chesapeake Health Employee Reviews

Productive, enjoyed my co-workers.
Nursing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 17, 2017
Productive, enjoyed my co-workers. CEO values employers and their well being. Excellent company to work for. I enjoyed my 4.5 years working for UCMC. Great place
Fast paced community ER enviroment
Emergency Department RN - Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 20, 2017
Worked in a fast paced setting in busy community ER. Enjoyed patient population which was across all age groups and a variety of injuries and medical conditions.
n/a
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 17, 2017
This should not be a requirement on this site. What is the point? I am continuing to type type type so I can get the minimum amount of characters needed.
productive and fun place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 13, 2017
I worked at Upper Chesapeake for a little extra money at the time. I was doing per diem work and it was very busy. Yet it compensated me well and I felt that I was apart of the radiology team.
Pros
compensation
Cons
n/a
Decent place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 1, 2017
It was a great place to work but the management was not to great. The coworkers are amazing and great people to work with and the job is relatively easy.
Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Upper Chesapeake ER is a quick paced environment. There is an obvious level of team work present that I have not seen in many other ER's. Although at times the work load is tough, it is an overall good place to work.
One of my first jobs and it was the one where I grew the most
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day at work well no two days were the same. It was always
different going one never a dull moment and I loved it.
I say I learned something new everyday. We had our ICU doctors who stayed on the unit so they were there 24/7 so anything that went on we would be involved. Management, we had good management so long as the patients were well cared for management was happy.
I'd say our work place culture was the best there we all worked well together. We all got along well together. We had policy if there were any conflict we would address with the person and talk it out.
The hardest part of the job these were all critical patients which is hard work but it was a labor of love to me. If there was a hard part for me it was leaving my friends when I moved across the country.
The most enjoyable part of my job was basically everything about my job.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
there aren't any that I can really think of
Enjoy working at this facility
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDAugust 20, 2017
I've been here for over 4 years. They work with my hours and I have enjoyed every one I work with. It's not a big hospital but great place to start out. They have out patient, inpatient, ICU, Peds, Labor and Delivery, ER.
Pros
People, close drive from home
Cons
A lot of ppl call out
Organizational Skills. Thoroughness. Time Management.
EVS Aide (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDAugust 6, 2017
Performs trash removal and cleaning duties throughout the Hospital including dust and damp mopping; stripping; refinishing ; carpet floor vacuuming; and cleans walls, light fixtures, vents, windows, venetian blinds, trash receptacles and furniture. Hangs and removes drapes and moves furniture. Performs all duties following safety and sanitation regulations and practices. Knows and complies with all customer service
Terrible
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 20, 2017
If you'd like to work like a dog, be told you're not indispensable and be totally underpaid- definitely apply. This is the most terrible employer I've ever had.
Not the greatest place to work
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MD 21014July 18, 2017
I would say as a whole this is a step up from my previous job in retail but its not much. The company abuses hard workers until they quit and then hires new people to fill the positions. Its a good place to get your foot in the door to the working world but I do not see this as a place to find a career.
N/a
ER Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 14, 2017
Great experience to be in the midst of emergencies witnessing everyone come together to save lives however management was very impatient towards trainees.
Best hospital I have worked in
RN CPU (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 11, 2017
Worked in CPU. Had the best nurse manager anyone could have. Still stay in contact with her on occasion. Cardiac and respiratory patients. Teaching, ekg interpretation. Medications, IV's.
Like family. We did alot of things outside the hospital. When someone died or deteriorates and need to send to higher level of care. Loved the doctors and social workers and dieticians I worked with.
Pros
Continually learning new things
Cons
Don't have any
Great place to adavnce in skill building
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDJuly 3, 2017
Everyone that I had the pleasure of working with was very skilled and knowledgeable. It is very easy to advance to the next level in your career field if you have the right connections. I will say that it is a close-knit environment so it's all about who you know.
regular work flow
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2017
hospital with 4 operating rooms, averaging 25 cases a day. pulled cases. picked up equipment. decon, assemble, process instruments. friendly work environment.
Great Volunteer Experiences
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 20, 2017
Upper Chesapeake Medical Center provides wonderful volunteer opportunities that can even help to get a foot in the door on a job. The staff is super friendly and all about learning.
Sucks
Impact Team Member (Former Employee) –  IMC/ICUFebruary 25, 2017
This is not a place I would recommend. The corporate world needs to stop treating there employees like friends , wouldn't recommend ICU/IMC management
Cons
No Breaks unless supervisor states
miseralbe and negative place to work.
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (OB/GYN) (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDFebruary 16, 2017
uch is not a great place to work. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients, mgmt. sucked. would never go back to work there.
Descent place to work
EVS Aide (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 23, 2017
This is a descent place to work with great staff. Not that much room for advancement. Great coworkers who make working there fun and enjoyable. Set shift and schedule.
rewarding in helping others
Medical Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 29, 2016
no third shift and flexibile with excellent people there and benefits given but could pay more hourly and diversity could be better
Pros
flexible
Cons
salary could be higher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upper Chesapeake Health. Our community is ready to answer.