Upper Chesapeake Health Employee Reviews in United States

Good first job and I appreciated the opportunity
Equipment Distribution Tech II (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJune 28, 2016
Good first job and I appreciated the opportunity. Learned valuable management skills that will help me anywhere I go. I had a very good manager that has mentored me over the years.
Leaned new skills.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 17, 2016
The other Nursing Assistants worked as a team and Nurses also worked as team. I leaned skill that couldn't leaned in homecare.
Pros
Leaning new skills and working with the ederlery.
Cons
Missed homecare and connettion with my clients.
Less than mediocre workplace
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bel Air MarylandJune 16, 2014
Always short staffed, especially with RN's. The pay is not competitive and the benefits are less than mediocre. AN employees commitment is not appreciated, nor returned. You are reprimanded for not taking a 30 minute lunch break, although one would be greatly appreciated. I've worked for this organization for many years and hoped it would get better, but with no raise in 3 years and only given one recently because there is a hiring freeze and they know the staffing will only get worse, they want their dedicated employees to remain on staff. There is absolutely no work/life balance. The only pro is that it is the only middle sized healthcare facility within a 30 mile radius to where I live.
a Very comfortable atmosphere.
Peri-operative Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bel Air MD.September 22, 2015
A typical day was to prepare IV fluids for the incoming patients in the Out Patient Surgi-Center for which I was a peri-operative Nursing Tech.,vital signs,IV starts,getting the patient changed into hospital attire,securing thier valuables,assisting with recovery room care of the post operative patient,assist with bedside procedures,and discharging patients at the end of his or her stay.
Pros
a very nice place to work
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
Great Place, Sorry I left
prn (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDNovember 3, 2015
Great place to work. As an advance practice clinician I left thinking the grass was greener. It certainly wasn't. I still work PRN.

Great autonomy and MD supervision is excellent.

Senior leadership seem a bit untouchable but that is likely just my personal opinion.
Pros
Culture of excellence.
Cons
Can be very busy at time.
Enjoyable work place
Certified Medical Assist/Certified Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDOctober 30, 2013
A typical work day here begins at 6:30am and goes until about 5:30pm or until the last patient leaves. I am typically the first person in the parking lot and the last person to leave it. It's very hard to pin point certain things I've learned here since I've learned so much. I guess one thing would be the NextGen EMR System. This system handles our patient charting and the flow through the office. I've also learned the front office operations and checking patients in and out as well as tracking them through the office flow. The Management here seems to care about your experience and how you are doing. My practice manager is very enthusiastic, she really seems to take pride in her job and this trickles down to our staff. My co-workers here are my family and like family we have our disagreement but we always seem to come together and take care of our patients. The hardest part of my job is the loss of a patient, I hate to see a Sympathy card on my desk. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job itself. I know it sounds corny but I love my job and the challenges it brings me everyday. I love working with my patients and my co-workers.
Pros
short drive time
Cons
low salary
Exciting, full of energy
Registration/Admitting (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 25, 2013
There was always some excitement going on, from woman in labor to car accidents coming through the emergency room. Never a dull moment. Also kept me on my feet. Co-workers were okay, but def had clicks that I didn't like and not very friendly toward new faces. Management was good.
Pros
hospital benefits, discounted lunches in the cafeteria
Cons
not very friendly co-workers
Love love love
Volunteer Work (Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 6, 2015
People are like family and care for each other. It was a fun environment even when it got to being a lot of people and stressful. Everyone always left with a smile.
Pros
Loving, family and fun
Cons
Had to give my two week notice cause of another job after 3 years there.
Productive and fun work environment!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 26, 2013
Great benefits. Able to work with little or no supervision. Awesome management team! Hardest part of the job was when instrumentation broke down on busy nights. Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of team that was so determined towards helping patients.
Would recommend this place If salary were not a big issue
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  laboratoryJanuary 16, 2012
Wonderful place to work,
People make the job enjoyable,
Hated to leave,
Would work there again if I could.
Pros
people are the plus, extremely dedicated to quality work.
Cons
takes a long time to become a "full team member", many long term employees where change is hard, salary and benefits on low scale.
Cash Poster
Patient Accounting - Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 12, 2015
Upper Chesapeake Health is a good company to work for, treats employees well. The most enjoyable part of job is working with coworkers and learning from them. Management is supportive.
Flexible
Admitting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Decent work hours. They work with you to ensure you have shifts if you are not hired on in a full or part time position
Pros
good staff
Cons
no room for advancement or raises
Have a degree / technincal trade b4 applying here!
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Busted my hump here.
Management: Fair.
Team members: 50/50 helpful.
Advancement would occur with degree or certification or if you exhibit exemplary work ethics.
Pros
1/2 hr lunches. days off work.
Cons
lack of climate control.
Employment Opportunities Poor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 21, 2012
I found that as an Afro-American with two college degrees a lack of opportunity to work in other areas of the hospital. A typical day consisted of a lot of office politics with management. On a typical work day there is nothing but kaos in the facility

That management is really not supportive of employees. I enjoyed working with my co-workers but lack enthusiam for management.

The job was not hard but made harder by management people. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving. I left for medical reasons.
A very knowledgeable working environment.
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 19, 2013
Everyday was a learning day for me. I have learned communication skills, Administrative duties including mail, invoices, supplies, working on excel, making payrolls, sheets, drafts and designing etc. Schedules conference calls. Learned how to prepare reports and presentations for supervisors. Assisted with Counseling of Employees with tracking and documentation. Administrative Assistant experienced at registering patients, scheduling appointments, recording and filing patient medical records. Enters orders and information quickly and accurately. Strong attention to detail and extensive knowledge of medical terminology. Experienced in records dictation, transcription, and exam room prep. Highly efficient in keeping files updated and accessible which involves computing and electronic record keeping.
Loved my fellow Co-workers
Nursing Student Extern/Patient Care Technician/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 11, 2012
Wonderful place to work, as long as you do not stand up for what you feel is right...once you speak your mind, you are a moving target and its only a matter of time before they find a way to get rid of you...But like I said...I truly did love my job and what I did...my coworkers were wonderful...even though management is a negative...if given a chance I would work there again
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
management/administration
poor work atmophere
pt acct rep (Former Employee) –  Upper Chesapeake healthSeptember 8, 2013
They say all the right things in public but behind close doors it is a cat fight. The management style encourages grade school tattle-tale behaviors instead of focusing on quality training and actual oversight of work.
The atmosphere is tense with fear of reprimand. The different departments do not communicate well and the work suffers for it. I felt stifled. They do not want any one to speak up about the problems there.
Pros
hours
Cons
management style
Worst Place I have ever worked (3 West)
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belair, MarylandSeptember 16, 2013
3 West was the WORST place, I repeat the WORST place I have ever worked. The Female RN's and the evening unit clerk on that unit, lie on new RN's assigned to the unit. They tell all kinds of untrue statements to get you terminated. They run to the nurse manager, who should be more professional and do her research before acting on their lies. If the RN's on the unit don't like you, they will do down right DIRTY tricks to get you terminated. If you are an Afro-American and get offered a position on 3 West, my advise is RUN, don't take it.
Pros
you have a job.
Cons
the staff are the worse including the nurse manager, staff rn's, and unit clerk
Pharmacy Technican
Bel-Air, MD (Former Employee) –  Pharmacy TechincainMay 3, 2013
During my little time their I developed some very good relationships and gained some decent experience to bad it wasn't what i thought the manager even though she was a Pharmacist she had flaws and so did some of the other employees. To make a long story short even though I'm no longer an employee their I'm glad i'm in a much more better place and making more money then most of the employees their that have been their longer in the field then me.
Pros
some decent people
Cons
pay scale really sucks for the amount of work.
Conducting clinical laboratory testing
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harford, MarylandApril 21, 2014
Work would include general lab testing. One tech may handle many benches. Management is unaware of the corruption of its lead techs.
Cons
not a good work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upper Chesapeake Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8