Upper Chesapeake Health Employee Reviews in United States

Love love love
Volunteer Work (Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 6, 2015
People are like family and care for each other. It was a fun environment even when it got to being a lot of people and stressful. Everyone always left with a smile.
Pros
Loving, family and fun
Cons
Had to give my two week notice cause of another job after 3 years there.
Great Place, Sorry I left
prn (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDNovember 3, 2015
Great place to work. As an advance practice clinician I left thinking the grass was greener. It certainly wasn't. I still work PRN.

Great autonomy and MD supervision is excellent.

Senior leadership seem a bit untouchable but that is likely just my personal opinion.
Pros
Culture of excellence.
Cons
Can be very busy at time.
a Very comfortable atmosphere.
Peri-operative Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bel Air MD.September 22, 2015
A typical day was to prepare IV fluids for the incoming patients in the Out Patient Surgi-Center for which I was a peri-operative Nursing Tech.,vital signs,IV starts,getting the patient changed into hospital attire,securing thier valuables,assisting with recovery room care of the post operative patient,assist with bedside procedures,and discharging patients at the end of his or her stay.
Pros
a very nice place to work
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
Cash Poster
Patient Accounting - Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 12, 2015
Upper Chesapeake Health is a good company to work for, treats employees well. The most enjoyable part of job is working with coworkers and learning from them. Management is supportive.
Have a degree / technincal trade b4 applying here!
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Busted my hump here.
Management: Fair.
Team members: 50/50 helpful.
Advancement would occur with degree or certification or if you exhibit exemplary work ethics.
Pros
1/2 hr lunches. days off work.
Cons
lack of climate control.
A place with constant change, had to be aggressive.
Chief Operating Officer and President (Former Employee) –  Fallston, MDJuly 24, 2014
A good place for new managers, you learned how to be aggressive and to think.
Pros
all ways changing
Cons
not all ways good changes
poor management
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 20, 2014
management was poor due to HR Management team. uggh management poor management.
Good Experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 18, 2014
Upper Chesapeake was my first job experience, though, I was only a volunteer so my tasks were very limited. Still, I was able to try a few different departments which kept my time there interesting and enabled me to meet various people.
poor management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJune 30, 2014
the unit coordinator as well as staff spend too much time on cell phones rather then patient care. because of this, patients are not tended to. one confused patient was left in a geri chair and unobserved. she feel directly on her face and broke her nose. pt,s nurse was found 10 minutes after the incident
Pros
learning cardiac care with tele
Cons
poor leadership
Less than mediocre workplace
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bel Air MarylandJune 16, 2014
Always short staffed, especially with RN's. The pay is not competitive and the benefits are less than mediocre. AN employees commitment is not appreciated, nor returned. You are reprimanded for not taking a 30 minute lunch break, although one would be greatly appreciated. I've worked for this organization for many years and hoped it would get better, but with no raise in 3 years and only given one recently because there is a hiring freeze and they know the staffing will only get worse, they want their dedicated employees to remain on staff. There is absolutely no work/life balance. The only pro is that it is the only middle sized healthcare facility within a 30 mile radius to where I live.
Upper chesapeake provided excellent opportunity
RN,OCN,BC,CHPN (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 24, 2014
Upmc provided me the opportunity to expand my knowledge base and experiences by sending me to geneva for the world cancer in 2008 and I made a palliative care presentation. And, in 2012 at montreal world cancer I presentated a smoking cessation program.
Pros
great educational opportunities
Cons
nurse patient ratio
Conducting clinical laboratory testing
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harford, MarylandApril 21, 2014
Work would include general lab testing. One tech may handle many benches. Management is unaware of the corruption of its lead techs.
Cons
not a good work culture
Flexible
Admitting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Decent work hours. They work with you to ensure you have shifts if you are not hired on in a full or part time position
Pros
good staff
Cons
no room for advancement or raises
A very knowledgeable working environment.
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 19, 2013
Everyday was a learning day for me. I have learned communication skills, Administrative duties including mail, invoices, supplies, working on excel, making payrolls, sheets, drafts and designing etc. Schedules conference calls. Learned how to prepare reports and presentations for supervisors. Assisted with Counseling of Employees with tracking and documentation. Administrative Assistant experienced at registering patients, scheduling appointments, recording and filing patient medical records. Enters orders and information quickly and accurately. Strong attention to detail and extensive knowledge of medical terminology. Experienced in records dictation, transcription, and exam room prep. Highly efficient in keeping files updated and accessible which involves computing and electronic record keeping.
Exciting, full of energy
Registration/Admitting (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 25, 2013
There was always some excitement going on, from woman in labor to car accidents coming through the emergency room. Never a dull moment. Also kept me on my feet. Co-workers were okay, but def had clicks that I didn't like and not very friendly toward new faces. Management was good.
Pros
hospital benefits, discounted lunches in the cafeteria
Cons
not very friendly co-workers
hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDNovember 20, 2013
Community hospital close to home that serves the community I am from.
Enjoyable work place
Certified Medical Assist/Certified Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDOctober 30, 2013
A typical work day here begins at 6:30am and goes until about 5:30pm or until the last patient leaves. I am typically the first person in the parking lot and the last person to leave it. It's very hard to pin point certain things I've learned here since I've learned so much. I guess one thing would be the NextGen EMR System. This system handles our patient charting and the flow through the office. I've also learned the front office operations and checking patients in and out as well as tracking them through the office flow. The Management here seems to care about your experience and how you are doing. My practice manager is very enthusiastic, she really seems to take pride in her job and this trickles down to our staff. My co-workers here are my family and like family we have our disagreement but we always seem to come together and take care of our patients. The hardest part of my job is the loss of a patient, I hate to see a Sympathy card on my desk. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job itself. I know it sounds corny but I love my job and the challenges it brings me everyday. I love working with my patients and my co-workers.
Pros
short drive time
Cons
low salary
Not impressed
Applied for Hostess (Former Employee) –  CafeteriaSeptember 17, 2013
When I was interviewed for Hostess, they seemed to be concerned that I follow the rules, to the letter. They also seemed quite offended when I pointed out to them that this is food services, in a hospital; if the rules are not followed to the letter, sick people could become even sicker, or worse. Their attitude bothers me tremendously.
Worst Place I have ever worked (3 West)
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belair, MarylandSeptember 16, 2013
3 West was the WORST place, I repeat the WORST place I have ever worked. The Female RN's and the evening unit clerk on that unit, lie on new RN's assigned to the unit. They tell all kinds of untrue statements to get you terminated. They run to the nurse manager, who should be more professional and do her research before acting on their lies. If the RN's on the unit don't like you, they will do down right DIRTY tricks to get you terminated. If you are an Afro-American and get offered a position on 3 West, my advise is RUN, don't take it.
Pros
you have a job.
Cons
the staff are the worse including the nurse manager, staff rn's, and unit clerk
Productive fun workplace
Lead Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 15, 2013
Throughout my 5 years of experience at Upper
Chesapeake Health, I have grown immensely, not only as a professional, but as an individual as well.