Upper Iowa University Employee Reviews

Good opportunity
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IASeptember 28, 2015
Was a good job to have while in school, just a low level position for some extra money while in college.
I did not deal with higher-ups in the University so do not know a whole lot about all of that, but the people that I worked with were fun to be around and provided the job to be a positive experiencel
Fun Work Environment
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAAugust 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the ladies and other international students. Working here was always fun and they always made me feel like family.
Hardest part of the job was smiling all the time even when I had a bad day but it always turned out well.
Pros
Great lunches, boss buys coffee on some days
Cons
No cons
Great learning Experice
Financial Aid Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAApril 26, 2015
A typical day was checking in with my manager to see if there is anything I can help with since I was there to assist. I was able to learn their computer systems and what it is like to work in Financial Aid. I really enjoyed working along side my co-workers.
Wonderful staff and faculty coworkers
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2015
One of the most congenial atmospheres I've ever had the chance to experience. The director is supportive of all endeavors, and the rest of the staff bends over backwards to help you out. Fellow faculty members are easy to talk to regardless of field of expertise.
Pros
Low stress environment.
Cons
I need more hours to teach.
Upper Iowa Unversity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAJanuary 9, 2015
The people you work with are great. The administration did not care about people.
Upper Iowa University
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 5, 2014
Upper Iowa University is a respectable University. It has been a pleasure having the opportunity to teach to the students who are wanting to learn. Working with the Dean and other employee's has been a very positive experience. One of the enjoyable parts of the position is knowing the students are learning.
Pros
good location(s)
Excellent self-practicing place
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IANovember 24, 2014
When I started tutoring, my teaching skill was not as good as now. I have learnt how to make my students better understand me through talking with them, and writing on the board. I have communicate with other colleague after each days work, and talked about how to better teach students. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. They assisted me many times when I just started my job there. I really appreciated their help.
A very quite community with friendly people
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAOctober 31, 2014
My experience working with the students was fine, but at times challenging
Pros
very intense
Cons
not enough time
A wonderful place to earn your education
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 5, 2014
Excellent employee's, have had a very good experience having the opportunity to instruct students at this University.
Flexible place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAJuly 17, 2014
The demands for online instructors are excessive considering the low compensation rate. But, it is an extremely flexible work environment.

Want to know more about Upper Iowa University?

Ask a question
Small towns not for me
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Fayette IaMay 27, 2014
Enjoyed my position at UIU, worked with great people and students from all over the world.
Rewarding work environment
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKMarch 29, 2014
As a Center Director, I am responsible for the daily operations of an extended university to include admissions, financial aid, advisement, curriculum, textbook adoption, evaluations, faculty selection, budget, and all other HR related objectives.
Upper Iowa University
Teacher Education Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 5, 2014
I was hired as a part time teacher education coordinator assistant. A typical day at Upper Iowa was relaxed but the work was steady as directed by the Teacher Education Coordinator. I learned many things at Upper Iowa concerning the teacher education training that students must do to become a teacher. Since I went through teacher education training, the training requirements have become much more stringent. Educators are expected to do many hours of Practicums as well as student teaching. Their training is guided by the standard core requirements in the state of Iowa. Students capstone now is an entire unit after student teaching. The students are also required to attend many seminars while they student taught. New technology was always on the forefront of the training program and a new dynamic in teaching and learning in the classroom. My duties included preparing all paper work for the seminars. Informing students of their acceptance into the Teacher Education Program, as well as, preparing contracts for principals for student teaching. I also was in charge of ordering textbooks for the professors and keeping the textbooks updated.
My co-workers were of all ages and the dynamics of the office was very friendly. The admission's people worked very hard to sell Upper Iowa to prospective students and management had the job of marketing the school and managing the day to day of the office. The hardest part of the job was not being able to become more involved with the students and getting to know them on a personal basis because these were people who worked full time and had children
  more... and also trying to get their degrees. I had a great deal of respect for them and the challenges they had to confront to be educated. The most enjoyable part of the job were the hours and the flexibility of the position. Everyday was a different day and I enjoyed the various duties that were given to me by the Teacher Education Coordinator.  less
Pros
flexible, different every day
benefits
Good small town job
Data Exchange Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAJanuary 2, 2014
No advancement opportunities.
Very gossipy, back-stabbing atmosphere.
Career Building
Assistant to the Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAJuly 1, 2013
Great get away perfect place and people to take you too the top
Good environment for non-traditional students, working adults returning to college.
Parttime Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2013
Great alternative for non-traditional students. Easy access, flexible schedule, professional and helpful peers.
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAJanuary 23, 2013
I learned a lot about managing a group of employees and organizing events. It was a very active place to work at.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
short breaks
Helping other students
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IADecember 3, 2012
I would go in after classes to help other students with their math homework. This taught me how to teach students different ways of learning and help them with their homework. It was always a good experience because it was nice to see the looks on other students faces when they finally figured out how to do the assignments.
Sports Information Services Internship
Sports Information Services Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAApril 26, 2012
I reinforced my organizational and communication skills in this professional experience to become proficient in electronic devices and computer programs that will ensure success at this position.
Pros
good experience
Great university
Intern-Alumni Center (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAApril 12, 2012
I enjoyed working at this university. I learned a lot about the initial part of getting students to come to the school. It was sales but, the product was education.
Pros
hours
Cons
no cons

4.4