Upper Iowa University Employee Reviews

Excellent program in nursing
Adjunct Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAOctober 14, 2017
This is a university with many campuses. I work for the Fayette, Iowa campus, in the department of nursing. I have worked with several of the faculty and they are excellent in their role, as well as being wonderful mentors for new and adjunct faculty. Since I am adjunct I am not in a position to make a judgment on many aspects of this evaluation form. I am happy with the university and plan to continue to work there.
Pros
Friendly faculty
Typical Adjunct Instructor Experience
Adjunct Instructor, Ethics & Religion (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 26, 2017
Fairly easy going place, with engaged adult learners. Moderate oversight of instructors, some care and feeding, but not much. Pace of learning is pretty aggressive.
Uiu
Reporter and Editor (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAApril 22, 2017
I enjoyed my experience at Upper Iowa University. However, Fayette IA is the middle of nowhere. The graduation rate is 31 percent. This is due to the high number of students who transfer.
Pros
small college
Cons
location
Uiu
Graduate Assistant to The Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAMarch 28, 2017
At UIU I learned many entry level accounting skills that will be used in my first career. Management skills were very poor as well as the communicate and transparency.
Excellent experience.
Grounds work study (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAFebruary 17, 2017
Upper Iowa University is a great place to learn, grow, and gain experience. I was a college student working part time and attending classes. My supervisor allowed me to work around classes and studying.
Perfect college job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAJanuary 11, 2017
Outdoor Pursuits was a great place to work. It helped me learn basics of equipment management and general repairs. It was a best job for college life.
Very helpful University
Mathematics Senior Project (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAJanuary 4, 2017
Upper Iowa was very helpful in supplying all my desired needs of classes I wished to take. My senior project was very difficult in proving that the mathematical model is correct as well as making the computer program.
Work Study Position
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  poolDecember 21, 2016
Worked about 10 hours a week for different jobs during my years in college. Great position for a hard working student. I was able to finish all of my homework and make some money.
Good place to work!
Faculty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAOctober 17, 2016
I have found the transparency refreshing at UIU and the people/staff I worked with to be competent. Overall, an enjoyable experience with the administration.
This University is hanging by a thread to stay open.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Upper Iowa University, Fayette Iowa.June 14, 2016
Do not take a job here. This University is being run by people who have NO idea what they are doing. It is the blind leading the blind in the administration and the University has been bleeding out for two to three years. Not a good life choice.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
UIU is not well run by administration, no support in the educational community around the area
Undergoing growth and positive change with great potential opportunities
current employee (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAApril 27, 2016
Small town of Fayette has a wonderful small college here. Great laid back and friendly environment. Some that have been there for awhile have felt jilted by past leadership from 5+ years ago, creating a negative attitude and bickering causing poor morale. Changes with leadership and positive employees are turning things around and making UIU a great place to work again.
Pros
opportuniy
Cons
Lower pay due to small town Iowa
Good education; fine and productive leadership
Faculty, Undergraduate Health Care Administration (Current Employee) –  onlineApril 24, 2016
Taught there since 2008. Always satisfied. Student body elegant midwesterners. Management forward thinkers. Love it!
Would not recommend
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 2, 2016
This university needs more transparency and to remove multiple layers are management. Little to no room for advancement. Bully-type mentality/atmosphere.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management; Small town mentality
First Rate Online Program
Online English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IAMarch 27, 2016
Upper Iowa University is an extremely professional work environment for online instructors. Assistance is immediate and student advisers work closely with online instructors to facilitate student success.
Weak Administration and a few hateful folks
Professor (Former Employee) –  FayetteMarch 8, 2016
While the majority of UIU employees are great the administration is extremely weak. But isn't that normal, just a few hateful folks ruin an otherwise good place.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Weak Administration and Deans
Great school with a student centric environment that doesn't forget the faculty and staff.
Affiliate Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineDecember 23, 2015
Great place to teach. Great support and accepting environment. Easy to get involved even remotely. Students are well committed and work hard.
Good opportunity
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Fayette, IASeptember 28, 2015
Was a good job to have while in school, just a low level position for some extra money while in college.
I did not deal with higher-ups in the University so do not know a whole lot about all of that, but the people that I worked with were fun to be around and provided the job to be a positive experiencel
Fun Work Environment
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAAugust 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the ladies and other international students. Working here was always fun and they always made me feel like family.
Hardest part of the job was smiling all the time even when I had a bad day but it always turned out well.
Pros
Great lunches, boss buys coffee on some days
Cons
No cons
Great learning Experice
Financial Aid Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fayette, IAApril 26, 2015
A typical day was checking in with my manager to see if there is anything I can help with since I was there to assist. I was able to learn their computer systems and what it is like to work in Financial Aid. I really enjoyed working along side my co-workers.
Wonderful staff and faculty coworkers
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2015
One of the most congenial atmospheres I've ever had the chance to experience. The director is supportive of all endeavors, and the rest of the staff bends over backwards to help you out. Fellow faculty members are easy to talk to regardless of field of expertise.
Pros
Low stress environment.
Cons
I need more hours to teach.