Digital Media Librarian
Upper Limit Aviation is seeking an energetic and innovative Digital Media Library Specialist that can create a system for our library that can be accessed online through our website as well as our facility. This candidate will digitize local collections and content; build streaming media platforms to support student learning and course content with a commitment to end-user services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of educational library systems, excellent writing skills and strong media technology and software background is a must
- Be able to promote and explain a wide variety of library resources effectively and creatively that is specific to the aviation industry.
- Digital Media Librarian will be incorporating organizational systematic cataloging with digital technology.
- Leading efforts to implement digital rights management for our accredited schools intellectual assets.
- Ability to train staff and students to utilize learning resource system.
- Communicate both in written and verbal formats including in online environments; and work independently and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collegial working relationships with associates in and out of the library, including faculty, staff, students and alumni Interest in exploring new technologies and applying them to library services.
- Ability to use desktop publishing and graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Develop creative promotional/in-house media materials; build web-based learning objects, effective video tutorials
- Effectively organize library records/inventory; social media outlets and utilities.
- Build meaningful reports for the CEO, and Vice President in regards to effectiveness of library system.
- Responsible for ACCSC audits on materials in library system.
- Acquire, coordinate, and manage video, audio, and image collections.
- Provide outreach services to the user community.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies related to digital rights management, copyright, and intellectual property standards.
- Oversee the digitization of legacy media collections for both access and preservation.
- Participate in the university’s development and implementation of streaming media services.
- Bachelor of Library Sciences from an ALA accredited program or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with library media collections
- Knowledge of audio and video file formats and digital media technology
- Knowledge of licensing trends for media, including streaming and performance rights
- Excellent knowledge of basic library methods, techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of standard business software’s, corporation-defined applications, and remote-services delivery applications (ex. Adobe Connect, chat, instant messaging, Adobe Captivate, Jing.). Expert knowledge of web searching, and library database searching.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in a proprietary school environment a plus.
- Experience in licensing of digital media
- Experience in project management
If you feel that you would be a good candidate, please submit a resume, in the subject line, please include “Librarian”.
Upper Limit Aviation is a Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard