Upsher-Smith Laboratories

Upsher-Smith Laboratories Employee Reviews

Good Company with growth possibilities
CNS Specialty Representative- (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2015
This company's heart is in the right place. They are focused on developing a great product and making it affordable for all. They do a good job with work life balance and management is supportive. They need to work progressively with their marketing avenues.
Pros
Very supportative and upper management always available
Cons
Struggles with competing in the market place
Growing company. Loved my job
Sr. Exec Assistant/Corporate Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 23, 2015
Loved working independently. Good work/life balance. Good benefits. The company is growing fast and a lot of changes and new management.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
A fairly long drive for me.
Interesting and growing work environment with many intangibles
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 6, 2015
My work was in Product Development which focused on the end stages of developing a new CNS medication. I did a majority of my work doing physical characterization of research material, spending a lot of time using new equipment in the lab. I also helped do auditing work for various reports and was spread out to multiple departments for additional assistance.
Pros
Well maintained buildings, good workspaces, updated equipment, lots of company interaction, free beverages
Cons
Fluctuating workload due to Research and Development, some communication issues with management
consistently shifting objectives
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 25, 2013
Usl is going through a paradigm shift. It has lost sight of its values and instead is completely out to make money. Many me too products in development. Great people have been let go for speaking their minds and offering very valid ideas. Work-life balance is limited. Management has been forced to become micro-management because of poor overall numbers. There are many good people, but the overall company has lost sight of what is important. Many people are miserable and drinking the kool-aid is the only way to survive
Pros
coworkers
Cons
constantly changing standards, favoritism, facades
Great experience with a small private held company
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, Michigan July 19, 2013
Specialty Sales Representative managed a large geographical area calling on Obstetrics, Gynecologists and Dermatologist with 4 core products and 2 secondary products. Portfolio consists of hormone replacement therapy, prenatal vitamins, a mid-potency corticosteroid and a probiotic specifically designed for women. Launched prenatal vitamins NEXA PLUS and B-NEXA with a focus on Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Midwives as well as retail and independent pharmacies.
Worked with an amazing team and a wonderful manager who gave me the resources I needed to be successful in my territory.
Overall, a upstanding company.
Specialty Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2013
Very little job security and lack of a universal goal. I was hired to help with the launch of Trianex, however, although my territory did well, it did poorly nationwide and Upsher-Smith dropped the product and performed layoffs nationwide.
Pros
Good, coworkers, good territory.
Cons
Lack of job stability and direction.
Good Company
Facility Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2015
I've been here 10 years and with recently developments in the area the facility may be forced to move or be shut down. With that I feel that now is the best time for me to move forward and find job security in an organization that is stable.
Great teamwork environment to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 11, 2013
Great place to work with people who genuinely enjoy working together. Leadership also seems to care for their staff as well!
Pros
Free pop fountain in lunch room!
Interesting Management
SPECIALTY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2012
Good, ROI- cost $250k and brought in 2 Million, good investment
Pros
improving patient lives with better medication
Cons
low income
Quality Assurance Auditor-I (IQM) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2012
Great place to work. Had fun and every one liked me. i moved because we relocated to NC
Average Company
SPECIALTY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2012
Products are not innovative, offer a full line of Me-too, nutricuticals, good luck
Temp to hire job. Let go for made up reason
(temp to hire) packaging tech (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 23, 2014
I worked at Upsher Smith in a temp to hire position. I was learning the job as quickly as I could. It was fairly complicated: taking machines apart to clean them and putting them back together again was not simple, but I thought I was learning it as fast as anyone could. One day I got a call from the temp agency telling me that they didn't want me to come back because I wasn't learning the job. That was definitely not true. 12 days is not enough time to learn that type of job. The management kept changing the rules. First I didn't have to get steel-toed shoes, then I needed to get them before the end of the first week to keep the job. A lot of the employees seemed to be nice to a person's face and then stab them in the back. I heard other employees being talked about that way and that is probably what happened to me because I have never lost any other job for a reason other than a layoff or if I quit after well over a year of employment. The break room was nice but not worth wondering if today is the day I lose my job because someone doesn't like me. It also took over a week to get the badge that I needed to be able to get in the door without waiting for another employee who knew me to let me in. Terrible management.
Pros
Nice lunchroom
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upsher-Smith Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8