Upson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work. People have excellent work ethic and are cooperative and knowledgeable
Director, Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAApril 21, 2012
I worked 8-5 most days and managed the Materials Management Department. My manager was excellent and let me use my experience and knowledge to improve the department and make if more successful and efficient. My co workers were outstanding for the most part. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the very few underachievers that were employed there. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team in my department. They are excellent people and employees and I saw them grow into a real team working together and relying on and trusting each other.
Pros
good benefits, no micromanaging
Upson
Cafeteria Hostess (Current Employee) –  FANSApril 29, 2015
I really thought that the kitchen staff could have been more nicer to the employees they would always pick on the new employees to see if they could get them to quit during the first week
Pros
GOOD 401K
Cons
HOURS
Management does not lead by example
PRE-ADMISSION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Thomaston,GAJuly 26, 2015
My job required precision and organization while helping patients to receive excellent customer service while going through stressful medical situations. However, my supervisor was constantly micromanaging me, which kept me from doing my job well at times.
Very nice rural hospital
Work as Pre-Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJune 23, 2015
I have enjoyed working for URMC. It is a nice atmosphere and the coworkers have proven to be nice and very productive in their work. I have learned more patience and find the hardest part of my job losing a patient that you have grown attached to.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
PTO days, holidays and sick days all combined together
Great Experience!!!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJuly 7, 2015
URMC is a very nice place to work for, the staff members are always willing to help and assist you when needed. they also have an excellent team of hospitalist and doctors!!!
Clean environment, Up to date equipment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMay 21, 2013
A typical day on my job, meeting new people and making anyone that I am around smile and feel good. Management is O.k. My co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is reading some doctors handwriting. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients smile
Not a good fit
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMarch 20, 2015
This position was a night shift job and I have never worked nights before. I never got the promised breaks nor the lunch that I was told to have. Working nights took a tole on my body and I had to give it up.
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJanuary 28, 2013
Excellent people to work with. Close group of employees.Good benefits.
Pros
wellness center attached to hosp
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly work space
ER & Out Patient Registration & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GASeptember 6, 2012
I worked here for 3 yrs. i enjoyed my pt's and the overall experience i gained by working here.

4.2