WHO WE ARE/WHAT WE WANT:
Uptown 6, a Denver based feature film studio working primarily in the family, teen and thriller genres seeks a COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER. The company successfully produced and sold its first feature film, 16-LOVE, to domestic and international distributors Warner Bros. Digital, Entertainment One, Gravitas Ventures, et al. It now seeks a key hire to launch critical social media, crowd-funding and crowd-equity initiatives on platforms including Kickstarter, Indiegogo, YouTube, Twitter, etc while building targeted audience awareness for projects currently in development.
Because this position requires a self-starter with a steep learning curve and intellectual curiosity PRIOR FILM EXPERIENCE IS NOT REQUIRED -- demonstrated expertise with social media platforms, however, is required.
Position reports directly to company Director/Founder.
- An academically accomplished candidate (4-year degree).
- 2+ years work experience.
- Someone who can point to significant accomplishments either personally, professionally or academically.
- A proven organizer who can point to projects (film or otherwise) they've managed from start to finish, on-time and on-budget.
- Someone willing to find fault with their own efforts and bring critical recommendations to bear for others.
- Demonstrated social-media/web skills required. Knowledge of social media networking tools and platforms, including Wordpress, Facebook, Google Adwords, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to execute basic SEO and Design personally while hiring and managing vendors for more sophisticated projects.
- Familiarity with film/graphic and/or design/photographic software is a plus, but is not essential.
- An intellectually curious person adept at learning new skills quickly with a willingness to educate team on what you've learned.
- Denver-local a very big plus, as I'd prefer majority of work to be done in our office.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER MISSION:
- Raise $165K+ over 12 months utilizing on-line crowd-sourcing and crowd-investing technology.
- Build Uptown 6's virtual presence into a powerful resource that engages and involves audiences in support of our productions from development through distribution.
- Organize and stream-line Uptown 6's internal and external communications.
OUTCOMES (listed in order of importance):
- LAUNCH SOCIAL MEDIA INITIATIVES:
° Raise $150K+ in film equity in first 12 months w/online equity campaign.
° Raise $15K+ in seed money (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc.) in first 6 months.
° Launch 1 add'l social media push each quarter to leverage U6 and 16-LOVE.
° Build social media and web presence for Uptown 6 in your first 6 months that delivers mutually agreeable levels of involvement and growth monthly.
- OVERHAUL EXISTING WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE:
° Replace existing Flash-based web-sites for U6 and projects with Wordpress (or alternate) back-end.
° Functioning Web Store.
° So we can update text and images internally.
° Mobile optimized.
° Responsive Video Playback.
° Blog set-up and interactively linked.
° All content above the fold.
° Performance Tracking.
° Designed for SEO on critical terms with ability to amend and upgrade based on data.
- ORGANIZE AND MANAGE AN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
° Five Hires Per Quarter.
° Three to Five Days/Week.
° Each Responsible for a single medium-term task.
° Each available for short-term tasks as needed.
- INTERNSHIP PROJECTS to include:
° Solicit and Review 3 Scripts per week 150/year.
° Review Industry Literature and solicit opportunities for U6 as a for-hire production company.
° Manage DVD orders and all mail so nothing takes over 1 week to go out.
- CREATE UPTOWN 6 INTRANET (Google Apps):
° Create Repeatable Instruction Sets for Internal Processes.
° Build Network d-base for common data (script submission library, archival footage).
° HR and company policy document library.
SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE