Upward Bound

Upward Bound Employer Reviews

Good Expeience
Youth Advisor (part-time) (Former Employee), greenville scJuly 23, 2014
I only work here part time but I love the effect that this program have on the kids that it services. I was able to be a part of a similar program as a young teen.
Rewarding position with students.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: free room and board, working with wonderful people, helping students.
Cons: living with students, long hours.
At this position I was a teacher's aide and residential adviser so most of my time was spent helping students with their course work as well as supervising students in a dorm setting. I gained a lot of beneficial experience working with teachers and students as well as learning the true importance of safety. My boss was an amazing director and loved – more... his job. His love for his job really reflected in his work and guidance. The hardest part of the job was supervising students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Everyday was very enjoyable at this position because we were constantly doing activities and keeping the students engaged. – less
Educational
Bronx, NY (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 18, 2014
Here at Upward Bound tutor counselor are available to students who are in need of help for current classes and to prepare them for future classes as well. As a tutor counselor my self, I also learn from these students how the school environment is changing since I have graduated. In addition, to their environment most students are being over look because – more... they can not keep up with others. At Upward Bound we help those children to keep up to speed and stay ahead of the game. – less
Laid back job where I would help high school students
Tutor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2014
I tutored high school students in math and would occasionally answer their questions about college or the SAT or ACT.
Rewarding summer experience
Prefer not to say (Former Employee), South Orange, NJJune 1, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: compensation varies from summer to summer and more recently has been greatly reduced
All-around great place to work. Very rewarding working less-privileged students.
Fun, interactive and professional environment
Tutor/Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), University of MInnesota Twin-citiesApril 30, 2014
I work 5 days a weeks for 3 hours a day, I learn how to cope with other culture that this diverse environment providing. It is very time management schedule, everything have to be on time no follow the policies. The hardest part of the job is when the student don't speak English well. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I get to be interactive – more... with the student. – less
Fun and rewarding experience
Mentor/Advisor (Former Employee), San FranciscoApril 22, 2014
helped disadvantaged students from san francisco area apply for college including college essay
Enjoyed working with my students.
Summer Tutor/Office Administrator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2014
This was a fun job to have. I was able to help tutor high school students and go on field trips with them around Texas.
Productive and educational work environment.
Tutor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 6, 2014
Pros: very flexible work schedule.
Cons: minimum work hours.
Job responsibilities included managing a group of 10-16 high school students and holding various general-education tutoring sessions at various school sites. Tutors were also held accountable for creating lesson plans for the Supplemental Instruction in Math given to the students. Furthermore, tutors were expected to facilitate Saturday tutorials and – more... help with the critical writing sessions. – less
Upward Bound
Volunteer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 5, 2014
I was a Volunteer. Helping the Youth overcome Different Issues. Helping with Homework and other school issues
Great Experience
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 31, 2014
Although this was only a 2 week summer program, this was one of the greatest experiences i had the chance of doing.
Interesting Job
Teaching Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Johnson, VTMarch 13, 2014
Pros: living on site
Cons: only during summer
Perfect job for a student live on campus with the students for 6-7 weeks over the summer and helped them with getting into college, taking college courses and many other activities.
I worked as a tutor, at Upward Bound
Tutor (Former Employee), BostonFebruary 26, 2014
I worked at Upward bound as a tutor. I was basically available to students when they needed help with any homework or classwork. I learned teaching methods. My coworkers were other high school students. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help students.
Everyday was something new
Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: down time i was able to have a satisfying lunch
Cons: long hours equal a long drive back home from san diego to commerce ca
Fast pace work environment. It could be stressful at times but analyzing and comprehending different routes to efficiently overcome an overwhelming work load.
Educational and Exiting
Student (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2014
at Upward bound I Am able to work on my school work as well as have the opportunity to visit other colleges and many educational activities such as community service.
Pretty cool summer position
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: working with the kids.
Cons: long days
This is a great internship, especially if you like to work with high school students. Great place to meet new people.
Hardworking staff who are commited to their mission and vision
Marine Biology and American Literature Instructor (Former Employee), Washington, DC and LA areaDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: temporary
This position is for those who are 100% dedicated to the students of the program. You will work hard and for long hours but you will also have fun. Most of your staff will work as hard as you or even harder! You do need to work well with others and be comfortable with changes and with your partner.
Fulfilling job
Peer Professional Counselor (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 3, 2013
I loved working with Upward Bound and giving back to first generation college hopefulls. I learned respect and positivity.
Intership
Intership (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMDecember 2, 2013
Great experience, got to meet with people from all over the world.
Micromanaging and multitasking is nonstop.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 18, 2013
My tasks there were endless, but overall a great program where I gained valuable lessons and acquired connections.

1 2 3 4