Upward Bound

Upward Bound Employee Reviews

This isn't an actual job, just referenced for experience only.
Senator (Former Employee), Manti, UTJune 21, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
Cons: none
It's a great way to get involved, build experience and a wonderful learning experience. Everyone is nice and is willing to work with you.
very productive and experiencing job
Holiday Program Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: most students graduated and advance to college like UC, Xavier
Cons: NA
• Motivated low-income students to reach their potential and encourage them to pursue college
degrees. Helped students with class work after school.
• Collaborated with other instructors to organize classroom, direct students, maintained discipline.
• Conducted workshops to educate students on good study habits and applying for college.
Fun and Productive work environment
Tutor/ Counselor (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMay 20, 2015
Working with the younger students was always enjoyable. I would tutor and be a positive role model for them as well as provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
This was a student worker job through UC
student employee (Former Employee), Batavia, OHMay 15, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: can't do it after college
I loved this job. Flexible, fun, worked with my school schedule. This is a job that was offered through work study. It was limited to college student experience.
Great time with the kids!
High School English Tutor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 14, 2015
The typical work day consisted on grading the student's homework and helping them become better writings during tutoring. There is a lot of time to get to know the students better during other student activities.
great experince
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXApril 24, 2015
this afforded me the opportunity of giving back in a mentor type way. I was able to talk about college life to the next group of kids taking the path. I learned so much and was grateful to be able to inspire and encourage the next group of youth. I made great bonds with many of the students and can say many have gone to better themselves through education.
Sometimes fun, others overwhelming place.
Teacher's assistant (Former Employee), english classroomApril 14, 2015
Pros: interactions
Cons: 0 breaks
I must say that I learned a lot from these kids. Students from 9th grade to 12, made my heart melt when they came to Tutoring and told me that their teachers are not considered when they have a doubt. Some of them tried to tell me how beautiful I was, but, they later on, made everything so nice and when my leave time came, they made me a goodbye party. I still have contact with them, they are hilarious.!
Fun environment
Peer Mentor/Tutor (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXApril 14, 2015
A great place to work with many great people and students! They all help you grow, and work as a team! We would work Saturday and needed to drive from the office to the high schools we were assigned to.
Productive and fun with chances to meet great people.
Volunteer at Museum (Former Employee), Pikeveille, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: None
The jobs were in four hour shifts per day usually taking place between 1:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. and we were assigned to work with a group of 3-4 other people. The tasks were usually straight forward with very little room for error. If you missed 3 days or performed poorly then you were fired. The best part was definitely meeting new people and working with our co-workers as a team. The most difficult part, however, was being forced to work with someone who may not have seen hings the same way as you, resulting in internal conflicts.
Good college prep program.
Student (Former Employee), Virginia Union UniversityMarch 5, 2015
Upward Bound is a great program it taught me a lot over the years that I was apart of this program, Any student interested in furthering the educational career should try to be apart of this program.
Productive and fun work environment
Mentor (Former Employee), Montclair, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: helping others and fun events
Cons: not enough pay
The ability to help others and shape the outcome of there lives helped me to realize I was pursuing the right career. Was able to apply in school knowledge with real life experiences.
Personal Growth
Residential Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2015
It was a good experience. Worked with high school students. Motivation was important and would need to handle unexpected situations. Stressful at times due to the workload and time investment but definitely worth it.
I love the kids.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 16, 2014
Basically you monitor and supervise their activities while enriching their campus experience when maintaining their safety.
Productive worked around class schedule
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Kent, OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly work environmen
cleaning, filing, working with students and parents. Learned leadership skills. had a good relationship with management. Students were respectful and enjoyed work
Fun work place with a good cause
Tutor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 28, 2014
I worked as a tutor and a residential assistant during the summer for them. All the employees were lovable people who really cared about the students needs and wanted to see them succeed. However, things always seemed to be disorganized and not everyone was on the same page when it came to what task were suppose to be done. It was an enjoyable experience though and it was awesome to help the students reach their academic goals.
Exellent place to work for
Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: helping the youth become autonimous
Cons: burn out
I truly enjoyed working with the youth and their families during my time at this agency. The students kept me on my toes and they were a pleasure working with.
Coaching
Volunteer Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: n/a
• Instructed, coached, and taught 9-11 year old players on how to improve their motor skills in shooting, passing, dribbling, and using vocal communication with other teammates to achieve team goals which resulted in the players having a successful season and resulted in the young minds coming together as a team that respects one another.
• Provided training direction, encouragement, and motivation to prepare the players for games and life lessons which gave the players a positive role model and a positive view on game time decisions and future life time decisions.
• Coordinated and communicated organized practice schedules with parents in order to have players show up on time which teaches the players the importance of time value.
• Implemented player safety and enforce the rules of the game in order to teach players discipline on and off the court which resulted in no injuries and provided a positive atmosphere for the league and its players.
Fun place to learn
English Tutor (Former Employee), PRAugust 29, 2014
Go to the office to pick up an attendance sheet before going to the classrooms where the students would be. Once having arrived, co-workers would greet me and ask me about my day among other things before students would arrive. We helped the students with their homework and doubts that they would have with their studies. We would also strengthen the daily skills of things they already knew and in order to achieve this we would give them work to apply their knowledge and skills. If any of the students had further doubts we would use the computer to acquire information through the internet. There really wasn't anything that was too hard to accomplish in this job environment and I quite enjoyed it. The things I have learned are patience, perseverance, and the sense of helping others which is very rewarding in the end of the day.
Very Productive and Fun
Student worker (Former Employee), Downtown,BostonJuly 29, 2014
Took college courses in this summer program, learned about many rules, tips and educational material and learned more about the importance of responsibilities and respect. It was a very fun program. Received $60 stipends once/twice a month
There Like Family.
Teacher Aide (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 29, 2014
The residents were what made my job fulling. The daily flow was that your always moving, always on go and checking on your tables. Never a dull moment.

1 2 3 4 5