Upwork Employee Reviews

Contract Work for Curriculum Development
Science curriculum developer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2018
Great companies and the opportunity to work with same company for long period of time. I set my own hours as long as the weekly hours are complete. The communication is available for each company.
what I learned
free lance programmer (Current Employee) –  from homeJanuary 19, 2018
Poor jobs available and the pay was minimal at best. Customers with little experience in the field who were looking for the lowest rates and poor ideas of what they actually wanted.
Web Dev
Web Developer Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Morocco, MOJanuary 15, 2018
during work on upwork, I learned many things wish ability to communicate with client ,manage individual projects, get strong skills in communication and how to manage your relationship with clients
Fun Work Place
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2018
With Upwork having the opportunity to work as you like. I am working with Upwork for many years and doing along with my regular job. It is really fun to prove yourself at international level and may have an opportunity to learn new skills like me I learned research skills.
Pros
Free to work
Cons
not a regular job
Productive and Fun Workplace
Search Engine Optimization Expert (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 14, 2018
It is quite nice. I learn some new technologies. Some new techniques also. Management was good. Workplace culture is little interesting. Hardest part of the job was finding different techniques for Search Engine Optimization. And most enjoyable part was successfully done Search Engine Optimization.
Product and fun
Creative Writer (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 12, 2018
A day is spend bidding the projects a person as an individual would feel as they are capable of working. Upwork is an excellent company o work for, they protect their freelance writers according to working guidelines. They have a culture of zero tolerance to falsehood and forging of documents making it one of the best areas to for. Their jobs are not hard as they are clear to freelancers and the most enjoyable part of the job is being paid what one worked for.
It was a nice experience.
Virtual Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 10, 2018
It was my first online job so I enjoyed it very much. It is a good and reliable platform for the beginners. I will enjoy working in upwork as a full-time worker in near future.
Flexible
Executive Assistant (Virtual Store Management) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Your opportunity to earn more is unlimited but the job security is very low since it was freelancing. Your client can cancel your contract anytime, but the Upwork customer service are always there to help you.
offers flexibility and convenience
transcriber, editor, proofreader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 6, 2018
I would recommend Upwork for someone who wants convenience (home-based), flexible (set your availability) and stress-free (work at your own pace) type of work.
I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's looking for job security or benefits.
Helpful and well organized
FREELANCE EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 5, 2018
It is very helpful and easy to use. It assists you in connecting with the people you need to. I enjoy being able to set my own hours and desired salvery.
Freelancer
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 4, 2018
It is cool to work flexible as a freelancer, you can do what you want, you are the boss, but in my opinion it is better to work in the company to learn faster.
A great way to support yourself in-between jobs
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Upwork is an online work site that allows you to freelance. I like the jobs offered and the ease as which to apply. Sometimes, though, I can go weeks without a contract.
Pros
At-Work Home Environment
Cons
Competitive Job Applications
Awesome
Film Editor & Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
Working from home, Waiting for a client to choose if they want to work with you makes you pretty anxious but, it's worth it. definitely a job for those who want something to do in their spare time
Pros
Pay, Get to do what you love to do
Cons
clients can be pushy
Fun Online Job source
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  OnlineDecember 26, 2017
Provides good platform in acquiring online jobs that will support the employee and its family. I have learned a lot of new things most especially in Graphic Designing where I have molded my talent in such platform.
Pros
Good Pay Rate
Cons
Limited Connects
Side Job
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 22, 2017
As a side job, it was very good. When I had down time, I would pick up a job and keep myself busy on another task/job. The clients I worked with were very good to, they knew exactly what they wanted.
Cons
Unless you are constantly working/applying your account goes private
Worked well in past
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 14, 2017
I think that the % Upwork takes is too high, They only provide a format and website. Everything else is done by employer/employee. Otherwise I did get a few jobs from the site
Pros
can get a real job
Cons
too high a percentage
Clients expect quality writers for low pay.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 10, 2017
The idea is good but with bidders who will accept less than one cent per word, clients choose based on price rather than quality.
Good place to learn how to complete projects and work with clients. I have one monthly client I have written for since 2013.
Pros
Bidding system for writers and creative people to find clients.
Cons
Low bids below one cent per word makes it difficult to get quality wages.
Helpful jobsite!
Recruiter, Resume Writer, Cover Letter Writer (Current Employee) –  TX UKDecember 1, 2017
Fair enough.
Work
life
balance
secured payment
with options to withdraw or continue contract or project
can work flexible
no boss physically
great fr those who have regular jobs
Pros
Part time homebased
Cons
Fees are too high
Easy going. Work from home
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
Upwork is a freelance organization that allows you to pick your own hours. It is very helpful for freelancers but it is also extremely competitive. It is tough to find clients at first but the more quality work you complete the better business gets.
I am appreciate
UI/UX Designer (Current Employee) –  DinajpurNovember 28, 2017
I am very happy to work with Upwork.com. Upwork is the very good marketplace. Their clients are very good and friendly behaviors. Upwork payment system also very good. I am appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upwork. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2