Urban Elements is a local small business in Newburyport, MA and the recipient of multiple awards, most recently being the Reader's and Editor's Choice in Best Furniture and Best Home Decor on the North Shore - BONS 2013.
Since 2007 we have established ourselves as being one of the most popular places to buy home decor, gifts and furniture on the North Shore.
We are looking for a smart, responsible, and talented sales person who loves selling.
Experience in sales is an absolute must, preferably in a related field, and with a proven sales history.
- Experience in retail sales with a proven track record in closing sales, specifically in the furniture industry.
- Ability to move and lift heavy objects.
- Solid product knowledge of all lines of furniture and accessories
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to brush criticism off and resume work in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and warm manner.
- Ability to listen to direction from leadership and authority.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Good coordination skills -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Excellent prospecting and selling skills -- Identifying sales prospects; delivering sales presentations; closing sales; handling the necessary follow up; and dealing with customer service issues
- Computer proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, design software, and easy learning of new programs.