Urban Lending Solutions Employee Reviews

See below
Conventional Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2017
Great management team in Pittsburgh. Some of the best two managers I have ever worked for/with. I would recommend them to anyone. Wish they were still my managers.
Stressful environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work is stressful. there is nothing you will learn, management does not know wheat they are doing, workplace culture is ok. The hardest part of the job is constant pressure form the management. There is no enjoyable part of the this job very micro managed.
Urban
loan processor 11 (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh paJune 21, 2017
Urban was a great place to work. They realized that people have family and that is a great benefit. INsurance was good lots of vacation time and pto time. We all worked like a family as we had a great group of people.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
some of the managers
good company for a small amount of time; favorites
Income Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 8, 2017
Good company until Bank of America stepped in and took over the job functions. Favoritism of managers and employees. Forced to quit or take a position I did not want with a cut in pay.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
favoritism of managerfs
High Stress
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 6, 2017
This is a contract based company. Management obviously places more emphasis on production than anything else. They try to make it "fun" by running contests, but are unable to overshadow the fact that contracts can be pulled at any time
Okay Place
CFPB Underwriter I (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 31, 2017
Worked there for a while, wasn't horrible, pay was decent for the most part, moving up in the company was hard to do no matter how well you performed.
Pros
pay, hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
hard to move up, management didn't seem to care much about the staff.
Very educational
Curative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2017
I loved working for them, I was trained in all kind of areas. They treated me with equally even though I had just come home from prison I recieved people skills. I loved it
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Lay-offs
Urban Lending Solutions
MANAGER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 16, 2017
I managed day to day activities regarding processing, underwriting, and helped to create and actively run the customer complaint department for Bank of America,
Pros
Support with management, clear understanding communicated for policies and procedures
Cons
Work/family balance was hard to have due to mandatory last minute overtime
Nice place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 10, 2017
It is a nice place to work, headquartered in Pittsburgh PA, local management is a little hard to get along with, but overall a good company, they are contracted to several large mortgage companies to supplement processing, underwriting and closing duties
Pros
co-workers nice
Cons
not a lot of training on systems
Overall a good experience
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2017
I was hired on in August of 2016 and laid off with hundreds of other workers in January. It was a very caring culture, but we also were pushed to work as hard as we could. Management didn't know what they were doing, and were often too stressed and had a pipeline of there own- so they could not give you the attention that was needed. I say this because a significant number of people were hired without experience, and our training sucked. Initially, we were told that it was okay to make mistakes, because thats how you learn. Then, once mistakes were made, they started to change policy and crack down lol. The vacation time was amazing! The pay was okay. I liked how i wasn't micromanaged. However, this job definitely helped pave the way into my new position as an assistant property manager, so I am thankful for that. However, unless you want to be laid off in the near future, find a company that is more stable. Being laid off sucks! I would never work for this company again or suggest it.
Pros
Family environment, can work from home if overtime is offered, vacation time was great, wasn't micromanaged, 1 hour lunches, parking pass discount.
Cons
Management didn't really know what they were doing, health insurance sucked, no real company culture, secretive about the layoff
na
Home Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 19, 2017
The company mass hires and mass fires not a greatn place to build a career i have nothing else to say except if you want to be laid off in 6 months go work here
Pros
how the company was ran
Cons
health bennifits
Laided off hundreds of employees during my 5 year tenure there. Urban did well during the mortgage and Loan crisis but has now imploded!
Supervisor-Rick McCoy (Former Employee) –  11802 Ridge Pkwy Broomfield, Co. 80021April 17, 2017
Very good and talented employees. If you are a buddy of a manager, you may have had a chance for advancement before the implosion happened. Company selling business units and moving more into a contract to do printing for a couple of clients. Management is the buddy system. Some of the buddies were not good people to work with, however most folks there are great employees.
Pros
No pros left at urban
Cons
favoritism-very secretive with advancement opportunities.
limited Job Security/Advancement
DOCUMENT FORMATTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 1, 2017
limited Job Security/Advancement, lots of downsizing and elimanating of Departments. Always worried that postion may be elimanated.
8 hour work days
Good support from management
Poor matching of headcount to work contracts
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 31, 2017
Hired, no work, dismissed with 60 other employees due to lack of work. Contracts were speculative, from a variety of Banking and Lending relationships. Performance was cited by managers as remarkable in spite of daily challenges. However, they were obviously not communicating the true picture.
Pros
Cons
Non involved managers
Very fast paced job
Document Processor, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 30, 2017
busy from the time you come in till you leave. Learned to multi-task several job duties at once. hardest part of job not knowing what time you get off. most enjoyable part of job is the co-workers
Pros
Vacation hours
Cons
Healthcare benefits expensive and don't cover anything
Depends on dept what experience youll have
Junior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 29, 2017
In the Dept im in management is great and really works well with the team. Work life balance is taken into account and there is not a lack of communication for expectations.
Pros
Management, Time off, Work Life Balance
Cons
No raises/bonuses
casual work environment
Present Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 21, 2017
typical OT for a mortgage company, can wear jeans & sneakers, no mentoring, they try to find another project for employees to work on if a project ends rather than laying off
All about my career
Senior SQL Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 17, 2017
I am glad to write review about Urban Lending Solution that is my career Nursery School where I learnt a lot and make me productive and man of principle in every matter of life. Working with such a nice management and multi cultural folks always appreciated in systematic ways with proactive approach. This project/Client adds a lot of value in my career and make me passionate in my discipline.
Pros
Parties, Fun, Work all together.
Comfortbale work environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2017
This was a great company to work for and would go back in a heartbeat. The work environment was calm and comfortable set for a great learning experience. I would say that this was the best job I ever had due to the people I worked with, the company itself, and the pay.
Great people
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 16, 2017
prefer not to review at the present time. Worked with very nice people on a start-up project; chaotic at times. Good salaries; benefits dropped this year.
Pros
salary
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Lending Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9