Urban Lending Solutions

Urban Lending Solutions United States Employee Reviews

Urban Lending Solution
UNIT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Broomfield, COApril 6, 2015
Pros: Always changing work environment, many chances to implement new ideas
Cons: Changes occur quickly, hard to implement changes as immediate as the demand
Urban keeps you on your toes and always thinking for solutions or improvements. Urban has great people to work with that are always pushing to exceed all expectations.
Decent job but no security.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: no security
I was lured away from a job I had for three years at a title company to work at Urban. The starting salary was my incentive to accept the offer and I had worked with their employees through my previous job. I left my job and started working for them. They hired me and three others from the title company. Within 3 months we were all laid off due to lack of business. I was off work for a funeral when I got the call. I wasn't even allowed to collect my things. They were sent to my home and half my stuff was missing. No security at all. No matter how good you are. Once business is slow you will be laid off and they didn't even contact me when they were hiring again for the same position. Just my experience.
learned alot there
Suborinations (Former Employee), Westminster, COMarch 2, 2015
Pros: they gave gifts and had pot lucks
Cons: management changed a lot
Enjoyed getting up and going to work, learned a lot in training, management changed a lot, got along with my co-workers. The job got stressful due to a lot of overtime. To just do the job was fun, they had a lot of meetings.
Horrible, Unprofessional, Oppressive place
Loan Modification Underwriter I - (Former Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: steady paycheck / good benefits package
Cons: everything!
Without fail this was the most unprofessional experience of my career - Training was a joke, and had absolutely nothing to do with the actual job duties needing performed.
Lower / middle management completely disconnected from staff, and "managed" via fear, disrespect, deceit, and intimidation.
I met many good co-workers -
The hardest part of this job was going in every day to an atmosphere of oppression ..
The most enjoyable part of Urban was walking out the door for the last time!
I would NOT recommend this company to anyone unless that person enjoyed being verbally abused on a daily basis!
Fun workplace. Awesome leadership and family atmosphere
Document Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: loved this company
Cons: n/a
Loved working for this company, Leadership, customer service, and loyalty was a big plus, Co-workers work well with each other. Company provided a relaxed atmosphere but business was completed in a timely matter.
Worst job I ever had
Customer Advocate/Letter Control Center (Former Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 10, 2015
Management was abrasive; no job security; not at all appreciative of employee efforts unless they were related or personal friends
Glad to move on
Customer Executive Relations (Former Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: my lead was awesome
Cons: dealing with constant angry callers
This job was highly difficult because of the level of service required to sustain. Working in this atmosphere, clients would call at the last resort so they would be desperate and angry for anyone to assist.
Mortgage CFPB group
CFPB Mortgage Underwriter I (Current Employee), Highlands RanchFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: has a cafe, free tea and coffee. soda and snack machine
Cons: not much to say
Not a bad place to work. Co-workers and team leads are a great group of people. Job has its ups and downs like most places but over all not a bad place to work and a good company to work for.
Mortgage CFPB group
CFPB Mortgage Underwriter I (Current Employee), Highlands RanchFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: has a cafe, free tea and coffee. soda and snack machine
Cons: not much to say
Extremely stressful fast paced environment, where everyone is disposable.
Unit Production Manager (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: schedule and responsibilities where always changing so there was never a dull moment.
Cons: salary was not reflective of the work involved. lack of appreciation from the top down, one thing i was personally trying to change.
After spending nearly 3 years with Urban, many long nights, and an ever changing schedule, I was simply told without any warning that Urban had decided to end our professional relationship. The more I think about this, it upsets me that I not am even surprised. I have seen this multiple times over the last years and encompasses the business philosophies that are very abundant at Urban. I had never work for a "Vendor" before, and did not realize how little power a company has when you are always considered the appease the client, in this case it was Bank of America. I had worked on multiple projects over two plus years and excelled at all of them. The first month of a new year presented struggles for all and from what I have seen in the past, the bank required Urban to make and example out of an employee, and this time they called my number. I would not recommend any one I cared about to seek employment at Urban. I actually enjoyed and excelled at my position; however, the business culture that is allowed there has been very unhealthy for me both physically and mentally. I excited for the next opportunity that arises.
Good Compensation but terrible work environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 2, 2015
It wouldn't let me put 1 star! Otherwise this would be a 1 star rating.

This job offered me great compensation although terrible support from management. The first department I was in was OK at best. Long hours, stressful environment with little help from management. Typical work week was 50+ hours with last minute demands to stay late. Very little incentives were given.

Second department was better compensation although you feared for your job daily. Management was far from supportive! If you liked to be worked hard and not be respected for what you contribute this is the job for you. Oh and pay close attention to the policy book. Even if you think you have covered yourself by speaking with management make sure you are still making an effort to call in daily and annoying management by reminding them that your doctors note specifically states you won't be until the next week. Otherwise you are canned!
Love the people, not the job...
Collector (Current Employee), Westlake Village, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: it's a pay check, good people
Cons: micro managed, top-down management
You can make life long friendships here, but not a career. Collections has traditionally had a high turn over rate of employees. The reasons I find people leave here: They pay significantly less than other comparative collections in the area. The benefits keep changing every year, so you have to keep finding a new doctor every year. The collections department is a small department and Urban is a small company in comparison to the companies they are vendors for, but they keep trying to emulate the top down persuasive management style of the bigger corporations instead of finding a style that actually works for them and a smaller company. You do learn a lot about mortgages and finances and working as a collector gives you a lot to apply to your own life financially speaking. Just do not expect it to a be a career. Very little opportunity to move up. Just lateral moves... With very little notice.
things got bad at the end, people started leaving or getting laid off
Appeals Lead Underwriter/Supervisor (Former Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 28, 2014
Everyone pretty much got laid off when I 1st started with the company is was great and then management changed and they started to cut or pay, started transfer people to different departments. I stated with the company, but I was laid off. Without warning and no additional pay. So the way they treated there employees was really bad
72 percent want to leave
Concierge (Current Employee), broomfieldNovember 15, 2014
Pros: helping people keep their homes
Cons: management treatment in general, everything
recently, Urban lending did an internal survey. One of the questions was how likely are you to find another job in 30 days, not likely, likely, very likely. 72 % responded very likely. there is a good reason for it. In this job, people have trouble paying their mortgage and Urban lending, along with Bank of America, sees if they qualify for a loan modification. Concierge helps them with signing up. Because most people are close to forclosure, they are stressed out and very upset. Most customers are angry. The constant complaining by customers will get to you eventually. The only place I worked that i got yelled at more was a collections company. They record your calls and grade you on them. they will mark you down for anything, I mean anything. The Management treats the employees horribly. they fired 60 people in one Month. Again, 72 percent. There is also mandatory overtime. Worst of all, Bank of America contracts with Urban Lending so you are always afraid the contract will end and you will loose your job. If you still apply for this job after reading this, you get what you deserve. You were warned about working for this horrible company.
not well organized, need change in management
Senior Representative (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CANovember 11, 2014
It seems that it a good company to work for but it is not, they post internal openings and hire from the outside or post jobs that have already been filled. If they get it all together it can be good company to work for, its a steady pay check but don't expect to anything else.. management will always point out what you did wrong and never what you did right... They do a lot of work for bank of america home loans. I think if a few years they should be a good company or if they decide to change management and give the company a fresh start
High pressured environment
MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER 1 (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 21, 2014
Cons: lack of training
-typical day at work: complete loan files by achieving 100% pass on each one and ensure investor guidelines are met.
-I learned to adapt to constantly changing work environments.
-hardest part of the job: lack of training.
Typical office setting, very strict rules
Mortgage underwriter (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 10, 2014
Pros: peers where nice
Cons: everything else, racist and sexist management, termination for having a cell phone visible
A typical day would start with opening all the programs required to process a loan, after being assigned you would look for all the required docs, however with a pass fail system in place is was often suggested by leaders to find a problem with the loan to send it back. The Management was hired around the same time everyone was and had about the same lack of training everyone in the office had. The co-workers where great for the most part because everyone was at the same level in the career. The most difficult aspect of the job was finding what items contradict different rules within the whole underwriting process.
average
Loan Modification Underwriter III (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: health care benefits and pto
This company offer good benefits. The hardest part if when is mandatory to work on federal holidays and weekends; and not having someone to watch your kids.
Excellent starting job with room for advacement
Default Servicing Response Team (DSRT) (Current Employee), Broomfield, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent vacation package
Cons: benefits aren't the greatest
A typical work day for myself includes taking calls through out the day regarding mortgage concerns.I have learned about different mortgage modification and refinance programs and have learned how to handle escalated situations when I am unable to provide the answer a caller is looking for. The management in the various departments have found a great balance between being firm so that the employees stay in line, but still are approachable if we need assistance or if something is wrong. They take time to assist however they can to help the employees move around within the company if possible, and make sure everyone knows policy changes before the changes are implemented. The other agents in the various departments are dependable and professional, but are also easy to get along with which creates an environment with plenty of teamwork. The most difficult part of the job is having to relay bad news since unfortunately we can't help everyone, even though we try, and on the same hand, the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help those that have worked hard toward obtaining that help. As a customer service position, it is very rewarding.
Don't let your title and their benefits fool you.
Underwriter 1 (Current Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: title, benefits, casual
Cons: unreal, ever, changing, expectations, teeny-tiny, mico-managing
I originally started with ULS as a contractor doing loss mitigation underwriting for Bank of America. We were treated like contractors, or subclass humans. I did receive extensive income calculation and doc review training geared towards an underwriter - but that all came from BofA.

Flash forward two years and I begrudgingly accept a direct hire, full time position with ULS as an Underwriter 1. I thought there was no way it could have gotten worse. Stupid me for thinking! The next two weeks of "training" were unorganized, confusing, combative, and honestly worthless as we were not allowed to take any notes out of the room, and most people (35 new hires) did not receive any system access until days before we went live. I was lucky enough to finally get access after our lunch break on our last day. We saw screen shots of what some of our systems were, not what they will be. Most questions were answered with "that's a question for your team lead" because our "trainers" were corporate and did not actually work or have an understanding of what they were teaching us. A lot of folks in the class came from other professions where they didn't need to understand taxes, escrows, annuities, dividend income, etc. The income calc portion of training (mind you again they call us underwriters) lasted less than one hour. I have a feeling this, on top of their concentration camp micromanaging, is why turnover and attrition are so high. We're all miserable and most didn't receive the training they need to succeed.

I would tell you to run far and fast. But I know how it is out there, or I'd be running with you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Urban Lending Solutions

Urban Lending Solutions (ULS) combines the industry's best people with the products, processes and technology to reduce operating – Read more

Urban Lending Solutions Photos