Urban Outfitters, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

urban outfitters
IT Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 28, 2015
call center. Leaning new things daily always talking and chatting with different customers. They enjoy us helping them put together clothing and furniture.
Wonderful place
Sales Associate and skilled Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2015
Urban is a great company to work for. They allow their employees to express themselves with limit boundaries. The management team at Urban New Orleans was incredible. SO intelligent and helpful along with responsible and hard working. They showed me what it takes to be a good leader and how to manage your time wisely and use your creative mind.
Depends on your managers.
Woman's Sale Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.July 28, 2015
Its like working in a high school. you have to be best friends with someone or work like a slave in order to get anywhere and even then you don't feel like it was worth it.
It's retail
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2015
Despite creative, casual culture, it's a retail environment that means folding clothes 75% of the time. Room for advancement for people who want to stay in retail.
Pros
store discount, fun culture
Cons
monotonous, repetitive tasks, customer service, poor compensation
Creative, fun place to work
Employment Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
I'm in the Benefits Dept. We deal with all things benefits and HR related.
Great environment
Support Processor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Urban is a great place to work. I wish they paid a little more than they do, but other than that, the atmosphere is wonderful, the supervisors are phenomenal, and the environment is perfect.
Fun environment can wear whatever you want
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York NYJuly 28, 2014
I enjoy my time working there they never stifle your creativity at all. workday can be hectic depends on location. on-calls can be a bit of a burden. the hardest of my job is dealing with co-worker paces. the most enjoyable part of the day is customer interaction meeting people.
Pros
creative freedom with appearance.
Cons
growth within the company
Urban Is a Stepping Stone
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCJuly 24, 2014
Workplace is far from controlled, employees with higher title break rules. no base infrastructure
Fun workplace for someone who is comfortable with a highly relaxed, social workplace environment
General Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
I learned various things working at Urban Outfitters. A typical day at work included anything from ringing non stop from the beginning of the shift till the ending to processing and finding the skus for various items. The hardest part of my job is that there's not really a set guideline of rules and procedures, it seems like everyone has a different way of doing something and as a new hire it was extremely confusing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great employee discount for myself and my friends and family as well as employee appreciation season perks.
Fun workplace
Email & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 2, 2014
Friendly fun work environment.
Learned to multi task in a fast pace environment
Flexibility of schedules
Pros
customer service week
Cons
vacation and sick day policy change
Changes in schedule constant
BHLDN Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Trenton, SCMarch 21, 2014
Typical day at work would be managing production and keeping track of errors, meeting guidelines and deadlines.
I have learned how to manage waves and about different shipping methods.
Average morale is low due to inconsistencies and management and pay.
In addition, despite having a 'set' schedule, working on days off is very common and you are often not given notice until the day before your weekend starts.
Pros
great insurance package
Interesting and culturally diverse
Sales Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Knowing nothing about the retail industry, I was thrust into a world of both fashion and finance. I tried to soak up everything that I could (and I did) and excelled in my communications techniques within the company.
Pros
culturally diverse, pet-friendly, very stimulating, creative learning environment
No room for advancement
Accounts Receivables Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2014
Pay is low and there is no room for advancement but the employee discount rocks.
Pros
discount
Cons
pau
Excellent learning experience
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 9, 2013
•Responsible for providing excellent customer service and upholding all visual and operational standards
within the store
•Oversaw and managed all selling floor controls, from product knowledge training to styling and selling
techniques
•Incumbent upon setting a standard to which all store employees aspired. Responsible for mentoring,
leading and motivating the entire staff regarding all aspects of leadership, visual execution and
expectations, in order to achieve successful results each day
•Accountable for nurturing a full understanding of departmental business, including meeting and
exceeding all given sales goals and controlling expenses in accordance to budget and payroll constraints.
•Partnered with District Manager and District Visual Manager in performance appraisals and setting goals,
with timely follow-up, in order to ensure employee development
•Partnered with District Manager and District Visual Manager to complete weekly, monthly, and quarterly
planning
•Responsible for interpreting home office visual communication and plan, schedule and execute a compelling visual environment
•Successfully lead the team in the shipment receipt process and complete shipment turnaround promptly
•Responsible for ensuring floor moves were well organized, scheduled appropriately, and executed well in
order to meet Company directed deadlines
•Weighed factors to make sound rapid decisions to positively affect and balance store statistical results with
aesthetic standards
•Worked in a collaborative partnership with Store Managers to provide continuous staff training on
company aesthetic,
  more... standards, and merchandising principles.
•Responsible for the successful implementation of all display elements within store­ windows, signage,
platforms, shelf uppers and display cases
•Cultivated an ability to conceptualize, create and install three-dimensional artwork/display, both large and
small scale, with excellent craftsmanship skills. Developed knowledge and experience with the
manipulation of various textiles and art materials, as well as a familiarity with power tools, basic construction
techniques, sewing, and installation art
•Utilized weekly reports to analyze and determine merchandising needs
•Utilized seasonal concept direction and inspiration provided by the Home Office to interpret the
installation of the concept ideas by using knowledge of the customer and location while infusing personal
artistic and cultural interests
Inspiring Company with Ample Room to Grow
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJSeptember 13, 2013
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a great company to work for. Each store is individually designed by a strong creative team. The staff in every store I have worked in has been original, creative and eclectic. The company itself provides ample room and training to develop and grow into a career with them.
Daily Activities
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Gap, PAAugust 31, 2013
* Unload, receive, putaway and inventory stock
* Work directly with Warehouse Management to insure jobs are
completed in a timely and accurate manner
* Forklift certified
Young Job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 19, 2013
I like the company very much, but in the creative field, you do not have great job security
It was productive and fair wok place.
International Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCAugust 19, 2013
It was a work place that I enjoyed and a position I was good at.....
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
to many leads, you have to go through to get answers to slove a problem.
Large company with great perks
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philaldephia PAAugust 9, 2013
On a typical day I answer emails, opening up invoices, process invoices to be paid on a weekly basis. In order to be succeed at this job, you have to be very organized and always think ahead and all you can do is your best. The hardest part about this job is that you sometimes deal with vendors who are not the most friendly and are demanding, but you take it in stride and continue to do the best you can. I really enjoy seeing the dogs that come into work with their owners and working out at the gym that is at our work on my break.
Pros
gym, great benefits
Cons
commuting to work is over an hour
Good company. Doesnt know how to hire managers.
Inbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 16, 2013
Good company. Doesnt know how to hire managers.
Fun people but very repeditive work. Its a warehouse like any other.