Urban Outfitters Inc.

Urban Outfitters Inc. Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would include enhancing customer service in order to make the sales quota and beat the LY (last year's quota). The management is fun, outgoing, and friendly, as are my coworkers. They manage the workplace through shout-outs (every hour) and are always available to help sales associates with problems or questions without judgement. Urban Outfitters Inc. is a peaceful, young environment and my peers are outspoken, fun, and ambitious. Mostly, I enjoy helping customers with enhanced service to find what they came in there for - a happy customer is a happy employee.
sucks
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Trenton, SCMarch 16, 2015
the worst place to workk. a bunch of kids and dummies. i wouldnt recommed to nobody. no raises and and everybody sleeps with everybody. word
Working here for a month
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ColoradoMarch 16, 2015
Ive been working here for about a month now and i have to say i love the managers and all around atmosphere however hours are horrible as well as the pay.
I get about one 5 hour shift once a week but if you can live off of that then its a great job.
The place was well organized.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
Co-workers were pretty nice. I've learned more about customer service. It was an upbeat place to work. The management was good at communicating with the employees.
package
Packer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: alright work place
Cons: less pay
Push a table back and forth scanning product make sure it gets ship out to customer that order items off the internet making sure its pack out correctly
Room for advancement as long as you care
outbound (Former Employee), Trenton, SCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: last minute schedule changes
A typical work day for any employee at the UO DC in Trenton is to receive or put away product, pick, pack, or ship orders to customers. The employee comes in knowing what is expected of them each day. Most of the time it does not change.
I learned most of the processes at Urban Outfitters simply because I showed initiative and asked a lot of questions.
Management, for the most part, is fair and caring, however, Urban does tend to promote some really young people into management.
The hardest part of working at Trenton is the hours. In the past two years as they have planned the transfer to Gap, they haven't hired enough employees to keep up with volume of orders, so schedules change to 7 days a week, 10 hours a day very frequently and sometimes with no notice. You can walk in on a Friday, expecting to be off, and suddenly, not ONLY are you working 10 hours that day, but also Saturday and Sunday. It makes finding babysitters difficult on such short notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
The worst part is the employees at Trenton. Your average employee is young, still lives with their parents, has no real responsibility, and just generally doesn't care about the quality of work that they put out. Many of them are consistently late, don't push themselves to meet production, and are more interested in hooking up with each other than putting out top quality product for the customers.
Urban Outfitters is, overall, a great company to work for, and will likely find higher quality employees in Gap.
I enjoy work at Urban Outfitter
Forklift driver (Former Employee), Trenton, SCMarch 6, 2015
The days are average but still normal and learn a whole lot about the stamp business and my co worker are very respectful and management was real great
great work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2015
- attending fitting rooms, cleaning the floor, making sure clothes are picked up and folded, working cash register, sales pitching,
Awesome company, good training
Department Manager (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. I was there several years and worked in multiple stores as well as multiple positions.
The opportunities to grow are definitely there if you are available to shift or move to take advantage of openings.
The culture and overall environment of the store is creative and laid back, although depending on the store there are additional levels of pace and stress.
Benefits provided to full timers are really good.
Pay is decent, based on experience of the person.
Payroll and hours are tight most of the time, in almost every store I've personally worked in. So there are many times the store is short handed for the amount of customers that it will service.
Workload for full timers is steep, and many salaried managers will spend at least 5 to 10 hours extra working per week. With the salary base, there is no additional compensation for additional work.
Bonuses are four times per year based on the quarter sales and balance of payroll. Bonus is common in some larger stores, but most stores may not make it.
Raises come once a year and are based on a percentage of annual salary, your personal performance, as well as the store's performance for the past year. In total, yearly raises generally do not amount to a major increase in pay.
Fun environment but really hard schedule.
Men's Department Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun people, fine compensation, ok benefits
Cons: no set schedule, little room for advancement
For the most part I enjoyed my time at Urban Outfitters. The music and clothing keep it interesting and I met some amazing people there. The biggest upside was working with like minded individuals who apprecaited hard work. The down side was the sliding schedule without set days off or even predicable shifts.
Cool environment
Senior Merchandising Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pretty nice place to work at besides some of the management staff. Most people work great together and training in whatever position you want to work toward is offered.
Fun place to work with room to grow.
Sales Associate/ Mens Accessories Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great discount
Management s great and encourages the hard workers to move up within the company. When you work here you feel like part of a family. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. Its an all around fun place to be and a great company to work for.
Great Environment
Outbound Picking and Packing (Former Employee), Reno-Stead, NVFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: lunch room with free food
Cons: only 30 minute lunch
Was always a pleasure to work with the people that were there. Very nice people and very fast paced movement. Very well managed.
It's a dog's job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: nothing is worth this level of chaos.
Cons: chaos, favoritism, no rewards, no hours, too many hours, no organization, and lack of communication.
Everything I learned was trial by fire. 100% of how I was trained was by asking another associate "How do I x". Management likes to shrike off responsibilities of teaching the associates how to do things. They complain when you ask questions and gossip to fault with associates. I watched them pressure people into working off the clock.

I've been stuck in a position where I'm stuck managing a department to a point where it's an open secret that I 'run' it and yet I still am paid like associate. This company is about the 'look'. They have no loyalty to anyone and refuse to reward accomplishments and take responsibility for management failures.

Terrible communication between managers and associates. They never come through when promised something. I asked for a letter of employment three weeks in a row, manager never came through with it. I had to ask the store manager ultimately and she was rude and gave me nothing.

This company is the Tower of Babel.
Loved Working at Urban
Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: chill environment, cool vibes
Cons: no room for much advancement
The time Ive spent with the company was really great. I got to meet so many new cool people and it never felt like work.

My only downfall was that your either a manager or sales associate there wasn't that much space for advancement and trust me i've tried.
ugh
Customer Service (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
These people care nothing about you, your schedule, household or family life. They will work you until 12am without considering your kids or whatever. This place is modern day slavery.
Meet and work with great people of all backgrounds
Team Lead (Former Employee), schaumburg, ilFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits, long breaks, great people
Cons: poor time management
If you're looking for a part time job while going to school this is PERFECT for you. It's so laid back, you can wear whatever you want, and you get to meet and work with some really awesome people. I met and made so many great friends working there.
Worst company ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 98 N 6TH StreetFebruary 7, 2015
Worst job experience ever
Company exploits the labor of inexperienced and uneducated youth
Poor hourly wage
Poor Service
Horrible Management
Fun and diverse work place.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Roosevelt, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great work life balance
A typical day at urban required a keen sense of business. This was a requirement due to the amount of product that was sold in the store. Each department had to be monitored through sales and inventory reporting to ensure maximum profitability for your department. This was a skill that i have learned from previous employers,however Urban Outfitters really taught me how to focus that skill.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and atmosphere that urban provides to all of its employees.
Productive and fun environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay for the task
Cons: no room for promotions.
Excellent training given in classes, scheduled breaks and lunches. The tasks are simple, with good pay. UO also gives good discounts and benefits to employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Urban Outfitters Inc.

Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People – Read more

Urban Outfitters Inc. Salaries