Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Wonderful learning experience filled with hardworking individuls
Packing Lead/PA (Former Employee), 30 Industrial Park Trenton, SC 29847August 24, 2015
Pros: The pay and the hours were good.
Cons: The work load affected morale.
A typical day at Urban Outfitters was really unpredictable. Some days we may have a tremendous amount of work and others none at all. I learned how to deal with different management styles and attitudes in different environments, mainly how to motivate others and keep a positive morale. My co-workers were great. They were supportive, encouraging and hardworking individuals. The hardest part of the job was seeing so many people leave as quickly as they did. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we met our goals.
Hard work but fun work
Women's Shoe Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 24, 2015
My experience with urban was great. I got along well with management and my coworkers. The stores atmosphere was one that made you excited to work.
ok for youngsters entering workforce
Induction (Former Employee), Trenton, SCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours put into production
Not the type of job you would want if you have a family with children. In my opinion they are not family oriented due to the hours you must work.However, there is always room for advancement and their benefit packages are really GOOD.
What I learned
Register Aid (Former Employee), San Luis ObispoAugust 19, 2015
I learned how to deal with all types of different customers. Was put in many different types of scenarios with customers, co-workers, and management staff. Was definitely a learning experience.
about urban
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2015
fashion store different people coworkers fun hard work pays off 8 hours a day the hardest part was getting a raise I learned a lot how to do stock and also where the clothin comes from
Urban Outfitters
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntington Station, NYAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: micromanaged
Typical day at work- walk in put my stuff down and just go straight to helping customers and cleaning.
What I learned- How to do my job faster
management- I liked most of my managers but i did disagree with some.
your co-workers- Loved them all
hardest part- the stockroom doesn't have a ladder and I'm clumsy so I'm always afraid id fall.
Most enjoyable part- My coworkers made working there fun
fun place
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 15, 2015
Pros: free coffe and tee
Cons: almost all workers are seasonal
packing and shipping singles or multiples items using WMS process, ups system and Labeling all the boxes
I learned to gift wrapping and packing better
very good management , especially in the area of shipments.their programs and equipment they have made ​​very few errors.
very nice co-workers
the hardest part of the job, stand for more than 10 hours
work in different areas.I was chosen over more than 100 workers to teach the process of packing and shipping, in a new facility in Pennsylvania, ( was very fun and good experience )
Expressive workplace with good growth
Store Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, CTAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, flexible attire, good culture regionally
Cons: Demanding, lack of a personal life
The company allows its employees to seek out growth in various areas of the country and promotes from within far more than without so once your foot is in the door it's a good place to grow.
fun and fast paced work environment
Women's Accessories Specialist and Team Leader (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free to express yourself in everyway
Cons: management is young and inexperienced
Amazing and fulfilling job to have as a sales associate. Management is lacking experience and there is little balance displayed within the higher ups.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westlake, OhioAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Great Job culture
Cons: Not many hour
The culture of the Urban Outfitters organization was incredible and very energizing, but had little place for advancement.
Incredibly Fun Environment
Visual Team Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Disappointing employee discount
Working as a Visual Team Lead at Urban for holiday season was extremely fun, and gave me the chance to be creative with designing window and in-store displays. I was in graduate school at the time so I was not in management, but I did always enjoy my time working there.
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
Retail is not the best job but Urban can be fun. Awards ceremonies to boost employee rapport and incentive s to make sales. closing shifts were terrible.
Great people and great energy
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: short breaks
You will always find something to do, no matter the location. I've learned more about customer service here than any other job. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with magnificent people.
Great discount, and great employee environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great employee chemistry, good benefits
Cons: terrible work hours, unrealistic expectations
High stress job with unrealistic expectations. Great atmosphere with nice customers. I learned to work in a fast paced environment, and what it takes to run a retail company.
very negative work enviroment
Brand Team Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: great food to eat on break
Cons: management
long hours not a lot of motivation from management, frequent rude customers are hard to deal with. not really permitted to pitch new ideas in work place.
Productive, fun and engaging retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: 40% discount, opportunities to grow
From learning how to sell and engage consumers with current retail promotions, to operating the register, processing online orders, and how to log inventory, Urban Outfitters was a great company to work for. I worked with a fabulous team of enthusiastic and motivated managers and sales associates, who were instrumental in helping our store meet our daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
Productive, Enjoyable, Fun Work Enviornment
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Awesome discount, Great environment, Awesome management
Cons: Not enough hours
My review , I over all love the job, i love the enviornment, i love the manager, I was a huge fan of the location. Ive learned a lot of the departments! Ive learned how to handle situations that i never would have encounters.
Production
Packer (Current Employee), Trenton, SCJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free internet access and sometimes free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
I sort through merchandise and pack them for customer orders. I have learned a lot about the different companies such as Anthropology and Free People. My co workers are nice and easy to get along with. We work well together and much teamwork is involved. I enjoy looking through the different clothing.
Manage and merchandise Dept
Men's Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 15, 2015
Hit sales goals consistently. Merchandise sales floor to reflect current trends and market. Handle all shipping and receiving as well as make schedule and make sure the store is well maintained.
Managed
Sales Associate and Product Flow Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 10, 2015
Managed and trained employees and new hires. Providing assistance in a variety of retail related functions as required. Responsible for greeting customers upon arrival in the store. Handling tasks of providing customers with assistance in the store with shoes or clothes. Putting up inventory and censoring the products along with changing the mannequins as well ordering them with our new products.