Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Urbn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAMarch 21, 2017
It's a very amazing place to work and advance if that's what you're looking to do. Your days off and schedule preference depends on you so that makes it fun.
Very professional, pay is adequate
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 20, 2017
The staff is very professional and polite. Everyone on the sales floor is respectful and always has a smile on. Great benefits for full time employees. Pay is adequate.
fun place
Men's Department Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
great place work and learn. this was one of my first jobs after high school. I learned a lot and was able to take away much info and experience this was a great first job.
First retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 20, 2017
Stocking and helping customers was a great experience. There was many employees who came and went very quickly and there was large staff. Was my first retail job and learned a lot about shipping and receiving as well.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
High turnover rate, not many hours.
stressing place
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Gap, PAMarch 18, 2017
Warehouse where you can find more bosses than needed,start 1 thing and end up doing 3 because they "need to save money",some supervisors and leads are really racists and the salary is low compare to the average warehouses in the area,I do have to say that for a few months is really slow and most of them you dont even get the 40 hrs a week
store
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJMarch 12, 2017
really cool fun store to work in. styling for all types of people. from hipsters to the hip hop culture, all people can find items they would like from this store.
Life changes in grave yard shift
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2017
-it is draining when constantly doing a lot at work
-I learned that I needed to find techniques to tackle that.
-management is awesome because they are more likely detail oriented
-workplace culture is where I learned how to dress up properly in fashionably sense.
-the hardest part of the job is when shut-eye strikes and you have to stay up to execute the task.
-the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is executed and ready to prepare or fold or hang the merchandise
Great Company
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
Standard retail environment where you work with various customers and employees. Appreciate the fact that you are allowed to express yourself freely based on personal style.
Fun workplace that encourages creativity
Menswear Specialist / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 8, 2017
As a brand Urban Outfitters allows and encourages its employees to express themselves in whatever way they see fit and allowing them to grow within the company, such as free reign in clothing choice and taking on bigger projects.
Pros
Creative environment
Cons
Micromangement
loved the work and the people.
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMarch 8, 2017
came in and inspected the store for anything out of sorts. when store opened i made sure staff and customers would doing the right thing. I loved the people i worked with, especially the management. they were always welcomed of new ideas and very sincere.
Easy job, low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYMarch 7, 2017
Good management, easy tasks, hardly given any hours and low pay. Overall a good job for someone in college or with other priorities but the biweekly pay can be difficult.
Pros
easy, flexible
Cons
low pay
Awesome job
Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Great job but pay is not good. awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome. Loved everyone that I worked with. Working on the naval base was cool
Was once fun and engaging but the culture has changed over the years.
Department Manager - Mens & Home (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 28, 2017
Was once a fun and engaging work environment however the business has moved from a culture that stresses creativity and expression to a more cash and profit focused one.
Pros
No pros unless you're in a management position
Cons
People who work there.
Calm and steady work place.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Gap, PAFebruary 28, 2017
The working conditions are very calm and Steady, there is always work but there is rarely ever no work. Stations have plenty of space for people to monover. Most stations are organized for easy working conditions
Pros
2 half hour lunches
Cons
Lack of work
Happy to have met so many friends
Women's Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
I worked at the 5th Ave location, I'm actually one of the many who opened the store and what a week that was. I learned a lot of skills that I took to my jobs after.
Pros
great people great discounts
Cons
upper managment
Chill environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
The vintage atmosphere is unrivaled. Typical day involves the usual clothes folding, neat stacking, fitting rooming, cash wrapping, and ultimately customer servicing. Management will play their roles, and rightfully so, regardless of how chill they seem. Urban culture is an exceptional place unlike any other. There is nothing hard about the job, except maybe the rare rudie every now and then, but even them are handled courteously. Most enjoyable part of the job is mingling with customers and assisting them with providing what they want.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Pro Social Environment
Cons
Short breaks
Urban Outfitters
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
My co-workers were cool, but I noticed that my new manager was firing people of color slowly but surely.
I always enjoyed my interactions with the customers. The environment was decent.
Pros
discount
Cons
unorganized management
Horrible place to work
Email agent (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
BBB lists this company as an F for a reason
The management of this company is pathetic
Their treatment of employees is a joke
Their method for solving legitimate complaints is to offer a discount instead of solving any real issues
upper management was not good
MENS DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2017
vibe there was good just not great to employees. they made us do shipping for online orders in store as well. that was challenging and we had no payroll. Also our store manager was literally the worst.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough coverage
Poor work ethics and unorganized.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2017
The staff and emplyees really didn't communicate so everything was mostly unorganized and customers complained about customer service often. The company its self still has some work to do.
Pros
Discount 50%
Cons
Poor Customer Service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Urban Outfitters Inc. Reviews by Location