Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

A clothing retail position
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 2, 2017
A typical clothing retail position. For the most part employees are treated fairly and with respect. The workplace culture depends on the store location and store manager.
good summer job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 2, 2017
It was a decent place to work for a summer job. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed much past that. With so many managers there were too many figure heads to report to which made it difficult to do your job.
Fun Job
Sales Associate, 25-30hr/week (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 1, 2017
UO is a great company. You get a discount for working there. As long as you enjoy customer service I would recommend this job to others. I enjoyed working here.
working for urban outfitters
Denim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2017
cleaning the sales floor
opening shipment
replenishing sales floor
working on store standards

the workplace culture is great here, they are accepting to employees wanting to learn more, help train newer associates, and teaching everyone the importance of store/company goals.

the hardest part of the job was having to use enhanced customer service to customers that were caught stealing and dealing with irate customers.

the most enjoyable part of the job was helping style customers shopping for a specific occasion & training new associates on store operations.
Decent pay, great customers and food
AM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
Decent pay, unorganized company. No work life balance, no stability. The food was great, and the customers made the day go by fast. The work environment was too tense, and the communication between management and staff was poor.
enjoyable place to work
Team Lead, Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
greeting customers and helping them with purchases, communicating and meeting people made this job a great way to open up my networking skills. loved talking and learning of peoples likes, and dislikes of certain fashion. open to all cultures.
Cutthroat management
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
I was ambushed by my boss and offered a severance package with no notification and forced to resign, because I feel my boss wanted to replace me with another individual with a lower salary
Pros
Field partners were great
Cons
LP management team were cutthroats
Inspirational, creative atmosphere and working environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
Working in UO is a great experience. You are constantly broadening your creative side, the company encourages its employees to reveal their skills, to express themselves, welcomes people who differ from the crowd and are unique and creative. The working day is considerably busy but very enjoyable since your are surrounded by friendly, diverse and open-minded people who make you feel like home.
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
Salary
FUN working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 30, 2017
UO was a lot of fun. It is a unique store that allows you to express yourself. The team I first worked with was great! Welcoming, energetic, responsible with a lot of strive to make the store grow. Slowly people started leaving including managers, that it was not fun or a good place to work. New managers started caring less, hiring associates with out properly training them, or just being lazy and not doing the job properly.
Pros
freedom, discount, fun environment
Cons
lack of training and communication
Store merchandiser
Store Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2017
This company has changed a lot over the years. I have learned many invaluable things from Urban. People, visual standards and creativity used to be at the core.
positive work environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 30, 2017
Everyday you work a set 8 hour schedule unless asked to work over time, in which you will be expected to work 10 hours by showing up an hour earlier and leaving an hour later. I have learned a lot about how distribution centers work. The management is very professional and try to create a good work environment for their staff. The management is also willing to work around days off that are needed. The hardest part of the job is during peak season, employees are expected to work for weeks strait at a time with no days off and most days will be 10 hour days. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are left alone as long as you do your job. Also, there are bonuses and incentives offered for different things and the company is very generous with vacation and personal days.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 27, 2017
I was in charge of working the floor most days, so I would rerack and reorganize clothes and attend to customers, which was the most important part. The store was very focused on customer satisfaction and loss prevention, so working with people was a must. The employees were very lax and fun and I enjoyed my time. The breakroom was a bit small.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
stay standing
Payed well and the hours were great
Second shift packer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCMay 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Urban Outfitters. I gained alot of experience there. I intend to use my skills an experience in my next job. I learned what not to do and what should be done. I learned alot about my self as well
Pros
Payed well
Cons
No time for anything
very unreasonable workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
they expect your life to revolve around urban outfitters. some locations are very unprofessional when it comes to the shift schedule. they pick favorites.
Fun and relaxed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2017
Urban Outfitters is a great place to work at for a young adult! The environment of the company makes for a great place to work full time or even part time.
Pros
Nice locations, the discount, the culture
What You Learned
Sales Associate/Register Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
I loved working for Urban Outfitters. I had the best managers and coworkers. I learned to work in a team, to value others opinions, to accept work culture. I am still friends with everyone I worked with there. One of the most enjoyable places I've worked at.
Very average place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 23, 2017
It is an easy job and a good environment, but they do not give you enough hours to make a decent wage. They are very unorganized and seem to hire people based on looks
Great starting job!
Apparel Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Urban Outfitters is a great starting job, especially in retail. Customer service will be drilled into your head but it's actually fun talking to customers and helping them pick outfits.
Pros
Free shows, flexible hours
Fun place to work
Fraud Prevention Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCMay 23, 2017
The work is awesome and fun and you get to catch people who try to take advantage of other people. The people are fun and interesting to work with. It is a great company.
Fun and funky place to work
Stylist, Anthropologie (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 23, 2017
Fun place to buy one of a kind clothes and accessories, helpful and friendly staff, great place for gift ideas, not particularly catering to any age group.
Pros
Great discount, fun coworkers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval