Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall inspiring place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
I love UO! Honestly a great place to work and encourages growth and creativity. You meet a lot of different people along the way that will foster your creativity and encourage your growth within the company if that is something you an interested in!
Pros
communication, vibe, discount, creative
Cons
occasional unprofessional management depending on location
Working.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Gap, PANovember 8, 2016
Coworkers very fast to click with never had any problems with working at different departments. Always learned fast on how to do the work. I would love to work there again
Easy job , poor management .
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Gap, PANovember 1, 2016
Work is not hard at all . As far as leadership goes , management is terrible. . The pay is a good start considering the lack of work People get away with on a daily basis @11.25/hr . Benefits are one the good things of the company . They do offer really good plans . And at pretty fair rates .
Pros
Coffee in break room / food to buy
Cons
Lack of leadership / favoritism
Fun environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2016
Great retail company, popular with the trendsetters, lots of advancement opportunities. Excellent for any fashion-minded young people to get some good experience in the retail world. I enjoyed the few years I spent with the company.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 28, 2016
Great retail space and environment
Cool managers
Cool associates
Great place to get introduced to the workforce
Great place to learn how to work hard.
warehouse employee
Warehouse Associate (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 27, 2016
Cleaned warehouse.
Packed orders.
Management was easy to work for.
Temporary employee.
seasonal work.
Good environment to work in.
Fun place to work and very accepting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 26, 2016
I learned a lot about sales and customer service. I love everyone I work with. We're allowed to be creative at work and express our styles. The hardest part of the job is having to do standards. The most enjoyable is the overall vibe of the company and interacting with customers.
Pros
discount 40% off and occasionally 60% percent off.
Urban
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2016
Days spent maintaining store standards and helping customers find product. I learned about time management, delegation, and team building. The discount was cool too.
Pros
the discount
Nice breakroom.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 22, 2016
Hardest part of the job is the production that at the same time I enjoyed. It keep me busy and not bored. Co-workers are okay some are really nice and real some are not. That's part of life, it's hard to please anybody.
Diverse,fun,and interesting workplace
Lead Floor Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2016
A typical day in the life of a UO employee would be as follows. Clock in, check clipboard or floor supervisor for your placement in store,and began to assist customers,talk with other employees or just straighten up area while listening to music. Management for the most part was unseen unheard until there was something needed of them. The hardest part of the job was no stability. The most enjoyable part was meeting customers and making some good friends with employees.

Want to know more about Urban Outfitters Inc.?

Ask a question
Fun work environment with great workers and great product
DEPARTMENT MANAGER/MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 14, 2016
Urban culture is peers-teaching-peers. Down to earth employees, fast past work environment, assist and get to know customers from all over the world!!
Pros
Great benefits/coverage, relaxed store environment, creative freedom
Used to love it, now I can't stand it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2016
As an employee who has been here for more than two years, my love for working quickly dissipated in the matter of months. My who first year here, I loved every minute of it. Coworkers, management, the vibes. The whole store worked as a family and it's a family I'll always hold onto in the future. Ever since management changed, myself and everyone else felt the shift from working as a family to working for a corporate chain. Employees of all levels aren't being treated fairly, the good vibes no longer exist, and the love we all shared is gone. Employees don't know their benefits and rights because managers refuse to talk about them. Managers also don't abide by the San Francisco Labor Laws. Because working in San Francisco brings great benefits and this store brought me lifelong friends, I gave this review 3 stars. It just just sucks to leave a place that used to bring me so much joy to work for.
Easy going but somewhat hectic work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2016
Everyday at Urban Outfitters is somewhat hectic. The work environment is okay. Management was okay until recent changes in management and staff. It hard to determine how serious some of the management and employees were about there jobs and it was always unclear what tasks were needed to be prioritized. The hardest part of the job, for me, was pleasing the customer and management simultaneously. while the customer always goes first, they are also very serious about getting certain tasks done doing the work day which doesn't quite stay in line with satisfying the customer. I have learned to independently acquire information and use my sharp knowledge to complete a task with accuracy.
Fun and fast paced environment with great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2016
-With the peer teaching initiative employed by UO, you have great opportunities to meet and bond with your co-workers. Questions are always welcome and you get the strong sense that everyone has your back which makes you want to be an equally strong pillar to help support the store.

-For some, the hardest part may be standing for long periods of time, but you get used to it. Also, the environment can be pretty fast paced at times so you learn to really absorb all that you can during slow days.

-All my co-workers and managers have been lovely to me and have really made me enjoy my time there.

-One thing I really appreciate is that every hour, we rotate positions so you're never working at the same place two hours in a row. This helps to keep the day from feeling so long and monotonous.

-On a macro scale, UO curates a unique culture for creative minds and people of the avant-garde. With this in mind, there are many different opportunities to travel in different paths within the company.

-Additional perks include great employee discounts~!
Pros
Employee Discounts, Great Work Environment.
Cons
Long Hours Standing
Great for fast pace workers.
Collator/Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Gap, PAOctober 4, 2016
In a nutshell I do not feel that this is the best company out there to be working for. But if you are in want or need of a fast pace job and full work load when the supply of work is great, then this may be the job for you. If you push for it you are able to learn many things about the company and the different jobs within the building by asking any questions that you want to know and ponder about. In my experience with working for this company, the best workers are the ones who come in and find ways to keep themselves busy when they have breaks in between their usual work. The hardest part of the job is when we hit our slow time of the month, due to the lack of work people may get sent home early if they are not able to keep busy. The most enjoyable part of my job as a collator is the vast knowledge of information that you learn with the job and the satisfaction of being able to help create work for other employees both in and out of your department.
Pros
Helpful Supervisors (easy to work with), benfits.
Cons
Short Breaks, manditory overtime, high expectations.
Amazing Woman
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2016
Loved working for Dr. Tina. I was young and she pushed me to be better. She was understanding and easy to talk to. She was fun and made me happy for work for her
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCOctober 1, 2016
The only issue with this job, the compensation was too low, was not able to take care of all my bills and family efficiently. Other than that a great job
happy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLSeptember 28, 2016
It was a blessing to work there. I would not trade it for the word. I miss the kids. I hope they are doing great. They should be fine.
Great store to shop in.
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Overnighting for Urban is the most fun thing to do. You learn about the new products we get in, and we also learn how to interact with each other well. The hardest thing I'd say we do for urban is carrying the boxes from one location to the other. It hurts your back sometimes and when we get a lot of shipment it gets tiring after a while, but the best thing about the job is that you make great friends.

Working for Urban Outfitters has taught me a lot. I've learned how to manage a team. The team I have was one of the best team I've ever had and I'm super grateful they gave me an opportunity to be one of their supervisors.
Worst place I have ever worket at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2016
They barely give you hours and arent nice. They only give you a 10 minute break which is absolutely nothing. The money you make barely pays rent.
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.