Urban Partnership Bank

Urban Partnership Bank Employee Reviews

Try it
Don't want to share (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: relaxed for a bank
Cons: pay, benefits, management
The bank has a great mission to revitalize Chicago’s distressed South and West sides. They believe this can be achieved by commercial lending initiatives which will create jobs. They also offer consumer products to encourage commercial customers to conduct personal banking as well. Beyond that they offer banking services for consumers and customers.
The attitude in the office is mostly relaxed and easygoing. People don’t get hung up if you’re a little late here and there, and people dress from suits, to no ties, to tiny dresses, to slacks and polos. Management interrupts you while you are working a lot or while you are in a meeting, I find that disrespectful.
The company is very top heavy. The workers are in constant fear of losing their jobs. There have been MANY layoffs/terminations of workers (not management) since I started a year ago. The few that remain pickup the slack while management continues to come up with new ideas to add more work to their large load. The few good managers are all leaving for better opportunities or tired of the way things are. Even worse, middle management is usually promoted from another area in the bank because one executive likes them or they performed well there. Then they work in an area they know little to nothing about and micromanage.
Compensation and benefits are terrible. Pay is well below most banks, workload is higher and benefits are average or below. There is no education support and the retirement plan might as well not exist.
The major benefits are the President and the diversity. The President is the coolest, most normal executive. – more... He actually talks to the workers about personal things and the mission. The other is the diversity. The company is very mixed with young to old, African America, Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian and Middle Eastern women and men. It’s refreshing being a minority and not working with all Caucasian people. Not that I have anything against any group of people but it’s refreshing to see people of color in high ranking positions and having diversity in all levels. – less
Up and coming Bank trying to help the community.
Insurance and Tax Escrow Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2014
Pros: had a lot of vacation saved.
Cons: management kept changing hands often.
The work day was always busy with insurance and taxes. All the insurance documents and invoices were delivered on Mondays so that was a busy day of sorting. I like staying busy at work.
Was a great place to work
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee), chicago ilFebruary 15, 2014
UrbanPartnership used to be called South Shore bank. South Shore bank was a great place to work and was for the employees as well as the customers. Unfortunately it changed
Productive work environment but the job security was very uncertain
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
The management made the work environment very productive but the job security was very uncertain. I the last five months the company has laid off about sixty workers.
very productive workplace
Information tech, records mgtmt, (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: i hour lunch
Cons: no breaks
Was blessed to work there 30yrs. Worked in several jobs and projects. Gotten experience in computer tech, Records mgtmt. mail room clerk, Bookkeeping, and acounting.
Enjoyable atmosphere that allows me to work independently to prove myself.
Special Asset Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2013
Pros: i am in a constant growing atmosphere to better myself.
Cons: eventually my department will phase out so i may be left without a job.
I have been with UPB for 2 1/2 years now and have learned the REO side of loan servicing. I continue to learn new skills and acquire more knowledge about the business. I continue to streamline our processes and procedures in order to find a more effective and efficient way of getting the job done. I like working independently but am also a team player. Currently. I am considered the departments resource and I work with management to find resolutions to every day problems. The hardest part of the job is the fact that they do not have the infrastructure in place to handle the growth of the business I currently work in. I believe they need to invest in systems and a more experienced IT department.
a job
Operation Processor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: mgmt
A job that paid the bills, mgmt made decisions personal not from work ethic. Mismgmt.
Enjoyable and productive work place
Senior Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2013
Pros: annual company and department celebrations, great medical benefits
Cons: short break time, no tuition reinbursement
typical work day busy but productive. I learned quite a bit in my six almost seven years. I learned that I was pretty good at training other co-workers and adjusted well to being tasked with additional projects.The hardest part about the jobs was responding to irrate user at times. I establised some long lasting relationships with co-workers and managers as well as other staff members which happen to make it the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive as a Operations Analyst
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2013
Pros: leaning and understanding loan documents
Cons: not enough training
Review loan files for accuracy
Review loan information on data for accuracy
Communicate with the line of business
Input loan information on system
I AM HARD WORKER
ATM (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: yes
WELL I BEEN WITH COMPANY FOR 31 YEARS AND I WAS LAID-OFF,AND JUST DON'T KNOW WERE TO GO,FOR NEW JOB.
The culture is stuck with the old mindset of their former predecessor (Shore BanK), which is a huge downfall.
Retail (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 17, 2013
Cons: they fail to offer 401k. there is no room for growth within the company.
It's as if you are working in pre-historic times. All of the IT/computer system lags updated technology. Each department works separately and they are unwilling to assist for the sake of the banks customer. Never worked with a group of unprofessional individuals like this before during my career.
fun place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2012
very flexible work schedule.Co workers are lot of fun to work with and management is very understanding. If you cannot come in on some day just let your boss now and it would be fine.
Decent.
IT Helpdesk Technician - Robert Half Technology (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2012
It was a decent company to work. Very busy working in the developing IT department. I learned many task and gained quality customer service experience.

Urban Partnership Bank Salaries