Urban Partnership Bank Employee Reviews

Unappreciated
Financial Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
A large part of a person's work experience will rely on how the company treats it's employees. Ive worked here two years and never got so much as dime as a raise. Those who do the hardest work are paid the least. Constantly trying to excel in an understaffed, outdated, unappreciated work environment will definitely take it's toll.
Pros
You're employed
Cons
You're over worked and under paid
Productive Work Place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
Overall I did enjoy working there because it was my first job to have and I did learn about the real world. I was able to learn new things I can take with me for the future.
Pros
Good pay, everybody was friendly, learned new things
Cons
Short breaks
Okay
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
I will ok ...nothing more and nothing less and not a place of growth. I learned a lot working there and I was able to use the experience at my next job which was nice.
Pros
The vendors and the flexibility
Cons
Some of the people
Very unstable work environment
Finance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2017
Worked for this company for several years. Poor communication throughout the organization. No room for growth, unless you are friends or relatives of upper management. Very poor human resources department. No job security.
Pros
Work life balance wasn't bad
Cons
Poor management
Nice colleagues
SVP, Director of Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Interesting professional challenges and opportunities being in the financial services industry.Good products, services and ideas to promote and communicate with to targeted audiences.
Nice place to work for
Quality Control/Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Good place to work, travel to and from work easy (Blue Line) Co-Workers were very nice, no pressure, learned a new system, and the hardest part was that it was a temporary job and was laid-off.
Pros
Co-Workers nice to work with
Cons
Was a Temporary job
The Bank declined when Shore Bank closed
Vice President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2016
Management may have had good intentions, however there was poor execution. Totally different bank than Shore. Not the best place to work right now. The doors will soon close
Pros
They have branches in the minority communities
Cons
They no longer serve the underbanked, underserved
Bank Restructure
Manager, Bank Owned Property (OREO) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2016
The bank is undergoing a drastic restructure in order to turn a profit. It was communicated to employees poorly and the way jobs were phased out were done without discussion with managers that MANAGED the departments input. In some cases this was critical since upper management did not understand the possible trouble this posses for the bank.

Some members of upper management were great and caring. Co-workers ran hot and cold but my team was awesome and hard working.
Pros
Opportunities to give back to the community
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management in most cases, poor 401K program
Working with Urban Partnership Bank is interesting.
Portfolio Manager Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Working with Urban Partnership Bank is interesting. Co-workers are cooperative. Management is a challenge to work with.
Nice place to work, great group of people
Business / Operation Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
I really like working for UPB, it's unfortunate that the job ended but I'll never forget what I learned or the people that I build relationship with because that's very important.
Great and Personable Clients and
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2016
Great Pace and personable customers made my profession and an absolute pleasure. Me, personally quite the soft spot for elders , I was able to easily identify with them all and often asked to take my time preferably. Because it is a smaller bank, polices can and will change periodically. Some paperwork require a very strong learning curve, especially when on-boarding from a bigger bank. Luckily, management is usually available for assistance, making the curve a bit more straight forward.
Pros
Responsive management, Wonderful clientele, and easy to learn system and products.
Cons
Steep learning curve. Periodic system crashes.
prefers to be a loan fund
DIRECTOR, CONSUMER BANKING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
great mission, poor execution, great people, tremendous opportunity to provide services to an underserved community, prefers to become a loan fund
Pros
mission and opportunity to provide services to the underserved
Cons
not interested in building a consumer banking business
Small Organization
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2015
The beauty of working in a smaller bank is that you are more involved in the day to day process and every day is something different.
urban
Senior Financial Representative/AML (Current Employee) –  chicagoSeptember 10, 2015
good company great company good company great company. behind on systems the pay is great. its a goood company black owned. community bank
Pros
pay is good
Cons
slowness
Engaging and productive
Retail Development Specialist/Operations Analyst/ (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Working for Urban Partnership Bank was very engaging and interesting. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to train and work with employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Having the opportunity to create an employee engagment project
Cons
Reorganization made stability very unsteady
Nice polite people, vert warm place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at this location. The branch manager was very delightful and pleasant to be around. I loved coming to work to all the uplifting attitudes and personalities.
Not the worse but definately not the best
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
The company is supportive of its employees but does not perform its core duties well. Not the best at customer service but overall a decent company to work for.
Pros
Neighborhood locations
Cons
Does not empower its employees
unstable place to work for
Sr. Operations Processor II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2015
start my day pulling reports, to pay insurance and to file release for paid loan, the manager are unprofessional and unhelpful, love my co-worker, hardest part was no training, enjoyable part, association with my coworker, what I learned is how to treat people
Pros
n/a
Cons
being able to learn from my coworkers
Try it
Don't want to share (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
The bank has a great mission to revitalize Chicago’s distressed South and West sides. They believe this can be achieved by commercial lending initiatives which will create jobs. They also offer consumer products to encourage commercial customers to conduct personal banking as well. Beyond that they offer banking services for consumers and customers.
The attitude in the office is mostly relaxed and easygoing. People don’t get hung up if you’re a little late here and there, and people dress from suits, to no ties, to tiny dresses, to slacks and polos. Management interrupts you while you are working a lot or while you are in a meeting, I find that disrespectful.
The company is very top heavy. The workers are in constant fear of losing their jobs. There have been MANY layoffs/terminations of workers (not management) since I started a year ago. The few that remain pickup the slack while management continues to come up with new ideas to add more work to their large load. The few good managers are all leaving for better opportunities or tired of the way things are. Even worse, middle management is usually promoted from another area in the bank because one executive likes them or they performed well there. Then they work in an area they know little to nothing about and micromanage.
Compensation and benefits are terrible. Pay is well below most banks, workload is higher and benefits are average or below. There is no education support and the retirement plan might as well not exist.
The major benefits are the President and the diversity. The President is the coolest,
  more... most normal executive. He actually talks to the workers about personal things and the mission. The other is the diversity. The company is very mixed with young to old, African America, Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian and Middle Eastern women and men. It’s refreshing being a minority and not working with all Caucasian people. Not that I have anything against any group of people but it’s refreshing to see people of color in high ranking positions and having diversity in all levels.  less
Pros
Relaxed for a bank
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Up and coming Bank trying to help the community.
Insurance and Tax Escrow Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2014
The work day was always busy with insurance and taxes. All the insurance documents and invoices were delivered on Mondays so that was a busy day of sorting. I like staying busy at work.
Pros
Had a lot of vacation saved.
Cons
Management kept changing hands often.