Urban Pathways Employee Reviews

Productuve Workplace and Friendly Environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
I am truly grateful for the opportunity Urban Pathways has given me to work for such a great company. This company is truly transparent and the workplace culture is stress free considering the type of clients we serve. I would recommend anyone to work for this wonderful company if given the opportunity.
Great staff
Case Aide/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Great staff, Love Ms.Lombardi, However they are not a big company, so the salaries are not very competitive...........................................
Pros
Great staff, support from upper management
Cons
Low salary
Don't recommend as workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
Do not recommend as workplace. Senior management is poor. Hardest part of job is stress due to difficult, unsympathetic supervisors, senior management and bad communication and lack of employee support. Lots of micromanagement. Staff fun to work with though!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Senior Management, No Support
Tough skin required
Case Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
If you work outreach at the main office and have to with the deputy quit because that person is a bully, who is not kept in check. Working for other parts of the company may be for you but if you want to do outreach don't do it there.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
Has room to grow
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 19, 2017
Work normally was great, pleasantries with clients as well as management. Coleuges were great to work with. Company stood for a great beacon of light for New York city.
Benefits
Cons
Too much over time
Work In Progress
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
You come in to work. You have to work with tenants, guest, and staff, sometimes you get a break sometime you work a full shift with no relief. Sometimes more so than less you will be doing 16 hours a day with no breaks. Everything must be logged, you must keep a constant accurate count of your time because they love to mess up peoples hours and checks.
Pros
O.T. is available
Cons
relief post wit no relief
Nice place to work but coworkers are shady watch your back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2016
Great company overall could use more organization in operations department, great corporate staff, clean bfyjrawtuokk

Knhtrdyjollljj
Benefits
Cons
Boring
Very great place very productive you can learn a lot of things working for this company
Operation Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2016
Urban pathways is a great place hands down but I feel like they should pay much more I love working with the clients and the staff very great place to work
productive fun place to work at
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for homeless New Yorker's.We engage individuals “where they are at” through our strong network of services to help individuals move into housing and minimize the likelihood of ever returning to the streets.As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient.
Pros
sheltering the homeless
Cons
permanant housing
fun and intereting
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2016
taking care of my patients taking care of there hygene making sure my patient is clean and groomed make sure house is clean and neat and tidy,,,,my day would be nice and time managed
Overall this job is very easy and the population is very lovable and can be a bit to handle at times.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2016
I love working with the population that i work with although i feel like the employee and people in the supervisor position can make things a little easier to deal with with it comes to their employees and their personal life. We have lives and are parents as well and wish that they would try to be a little more understanding.
Very productive workplace.
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2016
There is always room for upward mobility at this agency and excellent benefits. I like working with my Supervisor and there are many educational opportunities.
Supportive management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
This company runs more like a family than a organization, I loved it here, but the pay is very low. Urban Pathways pays for your Masters Degree.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pays cheap.
Helping those in need
Social Service Case Manager, (MICA) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
This was a job that changed my out look on life because it exposed me to the homeless population of NYC, on a personal level, one on one and face to face with people who have lost all trust and faith in the system, but found it in me and many of my co-workers. This is one job I will never forget.
Pros
personal experience
Cons
City contract expired
able to create activities
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
I work for an organization that empowers clients to live independently lives. It is rewarding to be able to see client's obtain housing and maintain their apartments. It is a pleasure to see client's progress and obtain employment.
Pros
obtaining housing for clients
Cons
health care not affortable
This place was horrible to work for
Case Manager - Travelers Hotel Safe Haven (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
There was absolutist no accountability for action of upper management. The line staff was given very unrealistic expectations. The Director of my site was very rude and condescending. If she was having a bad day then everyone was having a bad day. When staff complained to upper management it was not long before they were terminated. The worst non-profit ever!
The enjoyable part of the Job
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2015
I've worked at this job for 6 years mainly because I have a passion for helping people. Urban Pathways is Client Centered and That is important when helping people. I will always be grateful to UP for giving me the opportunity to work my passion.
Pros
Client Centered Programs
Cons
Salary can probably be better.
Productive and Caring work environment
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Penn Station, New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Urban Pathways/Amtrak Outreach was one of the best jobs I have had. A typical day in Penn station consisted of Homeless outreach in the morning. Afterward I would search for shelters and Detox/Rehab for potential clients. I would also counsel clients and potential clients and let them know their options to help keep them off of the streets or falling back into bad habits.

One of the major lessons I've learned working with the homeless and mentally ill was everyone has a story. We, as a society, have a habit of judging the homeless and assuming they are in the predicament they are in because of bad choices and laziness. This has been proven not to be true. I have met former bankers, accountants, teachers, and army vets. Many with degrees. They have taught me that it is very possible for any one of us to become homeless and addicts. It doesn't take much.

The management at Urban Pathways were fair and supportive. If I needed guidance or help on a project, management was right there to help with encouraging words. This is the same for my coworkers. WE all supported one another and push one another to be the best case worker, case manager, and even supervisor.

The hardest part of my job was keeping the clients focused on the end result. The goal. Many have been homeless for so long that they did not have faith in the system or any other human beings to help them. They did not see the light at the end of the tunnel and assumed that being homeless was the last stop.

The most enjoyable part was proving my clients wrong. Showing them that it was very possible
  more... to rejoin society. I took great pleasure in finding placements for them or helping them through rehab. Seeing the clients happy and adjusted was the most awarding aspect of being a Case Aide.  less
Pros
Supporting Staff, getting off early ( 7-3pm work schedule)
Cons
Not enough shelters in NYC, Need more incentives for staff, not much room for growth in organization
Productive and fun place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
This company helps its employee grow. They are always looking for ways to better serve their clients.
A typical day at work is never the same. You can walk in with a do to list, but what the day holds in itself is always unexpected.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help others find their way back to their family after 10+ years or back to a regular functioning society.
The hardest part of the job is when one of the client past away and you are the only persons they listed as emergency contact.
When I worked here we had a dynamic team and leaders who knew all the clients by name..
Security
Security (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Overall work life here at Urban pathways is great. Great work experience, great communication and great teamwork from the co security guards. Management is great here whenever a problem will occur there teamwork with our security is amazing. The Problem will be resolved. There really is no hard part area in this job but maybe just writing the incident reports and gathering all the cops and ambulance information. The most enjoyable part of this job is the excitement of being a security guard and meeting new people.
Pros
Good pay, Lunch hours
Cons
Short on staff . needs more communication