Urban Science Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Contractual Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 30, 2015
Nice place to work. Co workers are very supportive with nice managers to back you up. Only negative part of the job is the commute in winter and busy time of the day.
Fun people, but a struggle to work and get through the day
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 18, 2015
People are mostly friendly, but many secrets, and lack of communication really brings down this company. Lots of internal fighting between teams, and you are bound to get caught in the crossfire. Hard to approach upper management and executives, even though they say they are approachable. Workload is a constant struggle; company does not hire enough people for productivity purposes.
Great team members, old technology
Associate Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 28, 2015
Nearly everyone I worked with was a pleasure to be around. However the work itself was not very satisfying. In my position we used a 10 year old, homebrew framework to run our website, and rarely were allowed to train with/incorporate newer technologies.
Productive and fun workplace
SSIS, SSRS and MS SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  DETRIOT, MIJuly 28, 2015
Good team player, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
terrible culture
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 18, 2015
The company has a nice culture HR and Finance division. but the core groups are terrible. Managers are trained to micro manager and the compensation is way below market average
Productive and fun place to work
Human Resource Associate-Benefits (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 6, 2014
Very busy, high workload. Great co-workers, motivated management.
Nice place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 25, 2014
The company has many opportunities for the employees to come together and enjoy the work environment.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
unprofessional workplace relationships
Fun place to work, demanding job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 28, 2014
This organization is a fun place to work with co-workers, but expects lots of hard work and the job is demanding.
Pros
work environment, location
Cons
career growth
Not recommended at all
junior developer (Current Employee) –  detroit, miMarch 15, 2012
From what I hear from the more experienced Urban Science employees, this used to be a decent place to work - there used to be work/life balance, company sponsored bar nights, team lunches, etc.. Nowadays, you get long hours instead, which could be OK if you got recognition for your time spent. However, the highest recognition you can receive for busting your tush is a "challenge coin". Give me money instead! On top of that, the salary really is only middle of the road, though when I was hired, I was told that they offer very competitive salaries to hire/keep "best in class" people. Needless to say, I do not plan on staying with Urban Science.
Pros
benefits are decent, people are generally nice to work with
Cons
no work/life balance, mediocre compensation, lack of clear career path, poor management
Great Company if You Work for the Right Department
N/A (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 2, 2012
Urban Science has the potential to be an amazing company to work for. They have decent benefits and the company has record breaking profits every year, despite this economy. However, I fell into a department that was ripe with politics. I would steer clear of the Technology department if this is not the type of environment that you want to work in.
Cons
office politics