Urbn Employee Reviews

I prepared, packed and shipped customer orders. The other employees I worked with were graet and I loved my manager.
Packer and Shipper (Former Employee) –  Gap, PAApril 13, 2016
My first day felt very comfortable, everybody was nice and I had a great trainer. The first 3 days was me training so by the 4th day I knew what I was doing. The hardest part of the job I would say was remembering how to wrap certain packages because we worked with 4 different company's, not just URBN. Each company wanted their packages to be wrapped a certain way. It was a very easy job overall that payed well and the benefits were great!
Great work environment, many opportunities to change positions in the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 23, 2015
A typical day of work involved answering incoming calls in regards to general information, billing, order status, placing orders, and assisting home office/ retail locations based on the situation. While working for Urban Outfitters, I learned how to become a team leader, and became very versatile in my duties. When available, management was great, but more times it seemed as though there was a disconnect between the information from one manager to the other. I have no complaints in regards to my co-workers as they were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job originally was learning the information for the different brands. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team(s) and it was great to connect with so many of our customers!
Pros
Great pay, benefits, chances to move up in company
Cons
At times lack of knowledge between management members
Urbn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
I have experience working in customer service. I was responsible for handling customer orders, tracking, price adjustments on orders, and general questions. An Email coordinator ,responsible for responding to emails that customers have sent.
Very bad environment with low moral
Station 2 Processor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, SCMay 9, 2015
A typical day at Urbn Distribution Center is very demanding. I don't mind it however there is NO compensation for the work that we do. We are required to make production while working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day with NO incentives. We are standing the entire work time. My position as Processor 2 is production based and making production is required to keep your job. Making production is hard to do EVERY day when you have no time off to rest and that is the hardest part of the job. On top of that they expect you to keep your errors at a minimum. That is very hard to do when you are fatigue mentally and physically and it causes a lot of stress. I have an awesome relationship with my co-workers however there is nothing enjoyable about my job.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
No incentives to keep moral up so that production can be reached.
great
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgetownOctober 3, 2016
fun meet alot of new people and the work experiece was amazing

work environment was always clean and the co workers were on their job and amazing
Good
Senior Customer Associate at Anthropologie (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 21, 2016
Working here was a good experience and I learned the basics of customer service and retail over all. It really taught me how to handle difficult situations and how to treat people who aren't always in their best moods.
The Coal Mining version of Direct Distribution
Multiple (Current Employee) –  Trenton & LancasterSeptember 3, 2015
Lack of understanding by upper management when teams regularly worked10 hour shifts in excess of 2 weeks straight makes retention nearly non existent. Coordination between the DC and the Brands is extremely insufficient causing their unrealistic expectations as well as incredibly poor planning for product arrival. For a company to succeed, there shouldn't be a bottom of the totem pole, but to Urbn's Home Office and the Director and his management, the DC is nothing higher than the soil packed under the bottom end of it.

Having front line employees that break their back for you should render positive reinforcement and commendations. However, at Urbn you get reviewed once a year by management who have been instructed not to exceed mid-range raises. (3-6% raise but told not to give higher than a 4%) Waiting for compensation so long after satisfactorily performing job functions outside of your pay rate is common practice too. More common than not, employees are given Leadership roles for months prior to making their positions official. Yes, including compensation that isn't back-paid adequately. You may get promoted after a grueling battle with those less qualified than you who have friends in Management, but you'll certainly still be underpaid.

If your life's dream is to work for Urbn, go for Home Office, even janitorial work out there is more appealing. If you can, relocate and go for the West Coast Distribution Center in Reno, NV. It's pretty much Amazon.com out there.

So to wrap it up, if you find comfort in going to bed with a dread for the early sound of your alarm
  more... reminding you that today still isn't your day off, enjoy a career induced depreciation of self worth, or don't mind missing the birth of a child if you're on mandatory overtime, Urbn Inc.'s East Coast Direct Distribution Center is the job for you.  less
Pros
Benefits; Discount Periods
Cons
Advancement Opportunities; Employee Appraisal
poor
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2015
Terrible Company! Corruption infested. Toxic work environment. Staff corruption. gossip and fraternizing. improper training. Health code violations. Policy violations. No human recourses.
Laid back and well organized.
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 23, 2015
This is a great call center to work for. It is laid back, you can wear what you want and basically your job is to come to work on time and do what you are asked. The people you work with are very helpful if you have any questions. You talk to many different people and help customers and make them happy. I love working with others and helping customers because I love to make people happy.
A great company to be a part of.
Technical Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2012
I interned in the Tech Design Department. This definitely isn't an area of the fashion industry I want to establish a career in. However, this internship was still a great learning experience and URBN is definitely an excellent company to be a part of.
Pros
paid internship, sample sales, great offices/work enviornment
Cons
did not enjoy tech design
Great Company to Work For
Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Fun, lively environment. Great co-workers/management. Lots to do and learn. Room to grow/advance.
Pros
Free lunches, dogs allowed at work, great company events
Cons
Unpaid intern
Awesome Workplace Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 11, 2015
I loved the environment mostly, the 40% off discount, and the hours even though sometimes it was overwhelming. And dealing with angry customers can be annoying as well.