Urology Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, does not apply advancement unless your friends with the boss.
Front Desk Receptionist/Chart prep (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTSeptember 4, 2015
Unless your friends with the boss you do not get advancement through this company. It's the good ol girl system since I am one of two males that have ever worked here and they do not make it professional at all, although the benefits are great and starting pay is ok as well.
Benefits
Cons
Management, no dental.
Lunches are paid for through the company
CMA (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 29, 2015
Very fast paced environment
I have learned a lot about prostate cancer.
Management could be a slight better
Co-workers are just people that you spend more time with that your family.
The hardest part of my job is the very busy day in clinic
The most enjoyable part of my day is when my desk is cleared and my phone calls are returned at the end of the day.
Pros
Lunch is paid for which means you dont have to worry about bringing or buying a lunch.
Cons
Breaks are paid for so you can not leave without clocking out
Review
Receptionist, Scheduling Appointments (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 9, 2015
Typical day at work - Schedule patient appointments, register patient information, verify insurance coverage and collecting co-pays/billing. Work hand in hand with the Medical Assistants/Doctors to fulfill patient’s needs. Enjoy the team setting and helping co-workers and management to fulfill our quarterly/yearly goals. I'm very easy going, hardworking person that works well with others. I like my position but looking for more personal growth and something closer to home in Oak Creek.
Pros
Team Setting and the people I work with daily
Cons
Communication, Personal Growth not available.
Overall Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2016
Working at urology associates was very pleasant. The staff worked well together and the physicians provided lunch everyday for their employees. This was much appreciated as they were a very busy office with six doctors. The days were long but the physicians were pleasant to work for which made it easy to work on a day to day basis.
VEry enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Urology associates. We took good care of the patients and the staff were good to work with. We had the opportunity to travel with this job and see places that one might not with other jobs.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
family owned
Friendley fun work place
Medical Records Scanner/Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Friendly employers to work for with great co workers. Management was great to have and very understanding. my typical day at work was as follows Read source documents such as medical records, doctor’s case notes and enters data in specific data fields
Analyze claims for overpayment credits
Issue Insurance Refunds
Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
Maintain logs of activities and completed work
Select materials needed to complete work assignments.
Pros
they treated us with lunch and fun activitys
Cons
half hour lunches and 2 15 min breaks
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 21, 2015
My day consisted of rooming patients and assisting with procedures. My co workers were great. The management was good when I worked there.
good people
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 11, 2016
learned how to utilize my skills of what I learned in school, and didn't like the people there, no one smiled and no one was friendly. glad it was only a month. was not happy there.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
no one smiled
Office Manager
Clinical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. Fast past and friendly environment. Patient's are easy to care for and coworker's help one another with job duties and team spirit.
Busy but comfortable environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 11, 2015
The Physician was willing to teach me what I did not already know. He was serious but also fun. It was very nice to work for him. It was a fairly small office so we all got along pretty good. I enjoyed assisting on procedures.

Want to know more about Urology Associates?

Ask a question
good company, caring physicians, family oriented
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 13, 2015
It was a good learning experience they gave me my transcription foundation while in college. The workers were good at working together to get the clients taken care of. The physicians and nurses were very compassionate with the patients.
Pros
caring, family oriented, professional
Cons
no complaints
Very rewarding
Travel Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 14, 2013
I enjoyed working for this group of doctors. There was opportunity for advancement within the company. The management trusted each employee to do perform in their given position.
Pros
great pay and nice benefits
Cons
at times, understaffed. long hours.
Professional, patient based urology clinic with fantastic surgeons and personnel
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 13, 2015
Professional, high energy work environment with emphasis on patient well being and satisfaction. Fantastic place to work. Great teamwork in all areas.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
always on call
My day at the Job
Central Md (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MarylandMarch 17, 2015
I enjoy the job and the people I work with on a daily basis. Management needs to improve and the office as a whole needs to hold monthly meetings.
I enjoying speaking with the patients and meeting their needs.
Pros
paid health insurance
Cons
Low salary
Productive and fun work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 12, 2015
Working at Urology Associates was enjoyable. I was trained to assist the urologist with urological procedures done in the office. My co-workers and I had good working relationships, and we also became good friends. A typical day at the office was seeing patients, and assisting with cystoscopies, prostate biopsies, and/or doing urodynamics.
Pros
Small office
Cons
Had a long commute
good atmosphere to work, benefits are not are not great.
back office medical assistatn (Current Employee) –  austell, gaJanuary 24, 2012
I've worked with this company for almost five years and my experience overall has not been a bad one. There's just not any room for growth and the benefits offered are not the best. We receive no raises to help off set the increased medical premiums.
Pros
close to home
Cons
expensive health benefits, no room for growth or advancement
Posted co-pays and insurance payments
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 11, 2015
Busy with all payments, time management, good manager, good co-workers, having patients yell at you regarding high deductibles due, working on my own, little supervision.
Pros
Enjoyed my job duties
Cons
1 hour lunch
Fast paced office
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 4, 2013
I prepared charts and checked patients in with a smile. I learned how time management skills and how to multi-task efficiently by entering billing information into the computer while answering the phone and taking co-payments. This was a very small office with a high turn over rate. During my time of employment, my 3 co-workers and I ran the office like a fine tuned machine. We went above and beyond to help each other complete tasks. We had great communication skills and worked hard for the patients and the doctor who was there at the time. Management was based outside of the office, making it nearly impossible to report our concerns and needs for the office. Management only gave negative feedback to employees without instruction or training for correction. Although I learned positive job skills during my time here, this was by far the hardest workplace environment I have been in.
Pros
fantastic co workers
Cons
negative and stressful work environment, poor management
Fast paced great work place
Administrative Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 17, 2014
On a typical day at work I manage front desk operations. Answer phones, patient interaction any faxes. I obtain any authorizations that are needed for procedures and or medicines. I assist the Doctor in office procedures. Schedule appointments and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that you have helped someone that needs your support.
Pros
great doctor to work for
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits
Nice
Externship (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2015
This was an externship. It was good in the medical field I learned a lot of new things and how to treat certain urology problems. That was something I took with me and now apply to my own life.
Pros
helping patients that were in pain
Cons
not getting to continue my training there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Urology Associates Reviews by Location