Ursinus College Employee Reviews

Informative position with effective and strong teamwork
Human Resources Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2014
I truly enjoy working the the Human Resources Department of Ursinus College as a Student Worker. As I am a current student with the college, I only work a minimum of five hours a week, but the position is flexible and I can work over breaks as I am local. I've learned how to work in a team, manage and process bills, manage Student Employment (a separate entity from regular hiring), and co-handle the primary process of communicating with staff applicants in the process of job searching. My co-workers are wonderful and treat me very well. I hardly meet a challenge I can't push through, and it's thoroughly enjoyable to be able to be close to my colleagues while doing a job I love.
Pros
close relations with colleagues, job experience, human resources experience
Cons
only for students of the college
Peaceful work environment that challenges the mind
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 19, 2014
Work as a resident advisor is strenuous but enjoyable, I interact with residents on a day to day basis while balancing a personal life of my own. However, I am never to busy to lend a helping hand. I've learned patience, how to rise above adversity and helping others in a way that doesn't hinder them. My co-workers are diverse in ways beyond ethnicity and contribute positive vibes to the workplace. The hardest part of the job is balancing your life with the lives of others all while maintaining your focus and composure. The most enjoyable part is seeing the impact you have made on individuals lives.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no free room and board
Flexible and convenient
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Ursinus CollegeApril 29, 2013
Connect with parents and alumni in order to update contact information and on campus changes, and to encourage financial support through personally calling them and interacting. I learned communication and people skills, how to handle different types of personalities, and how to target different groups of people. My co-workers were students as well and we worked together toward a common monetary goal every evening. The hardest part of the job sometimes is getting people to donate but the best part is definitely building relationships between current students and alumni and past parents.
Not what its cracked up to be
support staff (Current Employee) –  support staffApril 10, 2013
Favoritism, nepotism, and changing rules depending on what department you work for. Benefits are terrible! Costs are high and coverage stinks - really high deductible. No salary increases for 2 years!

Backstabbing people in some departments. Others too nosey to get their work done. Some people can work flex but others cannot. Not fair.

This is not the place it used to be!
Pros
pretty campus
Cons
favoritism. low pay. hardly any days off. health benefits stink
periods of downtime followed very busy times
Dining Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 17, 2012
restocked dishes, cleaned tables, great co-workers, management could have ordered supplies more efficiently.
hardest part was staying up and moving on my feet for four hours
most enjoyable part was getting to know my coworkers
I learned to work as a team with my coworkers to get things done
Comfortable work environment
International Admission Intern (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 28, 2015
Calling international students.
I learned how to build a strong interpersonal skill.
Time management is really important.
Friendly co-workers.
Dealing with people on the phone.
get together meeting is the best time to exchange our ideas.
I oversee over 1700 students that live on campus.
Residence/ Housing Director--leadership developer (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 1, 2012
I plan events/ social and educational programs, hold judicial meetings, advise college groups, and interact with many different departments and groups of people (including alumni and parents)
Fun job tutoring students in French
Tuteur de Français (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PennsylvaniaMay 27, 2015
Tutored students learning the French language. Lead informal group discussions and gave individual help sessions for students who reached out to me.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Not challenging enough
College
Utility Worker, Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 16, 2015
I really liked this job, although it was far, the long ride was worth it.

One of my greatest regrets was leaving this job because it was

permanent and all the managers were nice, respectful, and fair to

all their employees.
Fun Workplace
Food Prep, Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 22, 2013
An excellent job catering to the needs of todays youth! Management was terrific & my co-workers were as well! There was really no hard part of this job. Just business as usual with fun people!
Pros
the job itself
I got to see how the maintenance side of a college campus works.
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 7, 2014
We would get a list of things to do in the morning and we would get more when we finished. I did activities like replacing ceiling tiles and removing carpet.
Best school job ever
TECHNICAL SUPPORT STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMarch 26, 2014
Getting to work around other students, learn on the job, become the person that everyone knows as the IT person to go to. Excellent job, management and coworkers
Ok Small co worker group
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Collegeville PaJuly 6, 2012
It Was cool to work their you basically work as a team to get the work done faster it's just dishes non stop you unemployed in the summer
Pros
1 free meal
Cons
2 free breaks
Great
Adjunct Biology Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful place to work full time if available
Great staff and educated students
Pros
great work environment
Cons
difficultly finding a permanent position
Great place to work, if you can get in.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 1, 2013
I loved working for Ursinus. The management is great, the employees are great people. I wished they had a full time opening when I needed it.
Great People
Assistant Coach - Secondary (CB) (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 14, 2014
People are friendly and easy to work with. learned a lot as my first year coaching college football.