Ursinus College Employee Reviews

Great place for student employment
Leadership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 23, 2017
I have had a variety of jobs at Ursinus College and each one provided opportunity for growth. Student jobs are very flexible with their hours so that you can balance it with your class schedule. I would definitely recommend working on campus, however, you should make sure that you know what the work culture is for the office/department you are working for. If you do your homework you will have a great addition to your resume and hopefully references for your job search.
Pros
flexible hours, fun environment, great supervisor to employee ratio
Cons
limited pay, little room for upward movement depending on job
productive and fun
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 12, 2017
Had a wonderful time working alongside my fellow classmates. It also was great because my boss was very flexible and aware of my classes and extra curricular activities.
Interesting program with fulfilling outcomes
TLI Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 11, 2017
Worked one on one with professors to help create solutions for potential issues in the classroom. Led to great friendships and memories at this workplace.
School
Photographer Editor (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 31, 2017
I did jobs that were available around here and there. It was work for fun. I was not paid. These were club activities that gave me experience for future jobs.
Stressful but flexible depending on students' interest
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 30, 2017
My work at Ursinus College is more as a teacher's assistant and tutor than anything else. I work with the professor of an English course to schedule meetings with each of the 16 students in the class to tutor their writing and help them improve two of the three essays they are required to write in the class. To facilitate this, I have to meet with the professor and go over the prompt and whatever skills or goals he/she wants the students to achieve. Then, I make a scheduling sign up sheet and have every student schedule a time with me which I have chosen to work with my normal schedule. Finally, I hold a 30 minute meeting with each student after having already read their essay and we go over ways they can improve it together. I report back to the professor that they have completed the meeting and they receive credit for doing so. Doing this once for each of two papers adds up to about 30 total hours of work.
Pros
Flexible, rewarding
Cons
Stressful, sometimes frustrating
Easy going workplace for the most part.
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 25, 2017
A typical day in tech support consists mainly of helping solve issues with the laptops of students/faculty. I remove viruses, fix other software/hardware, and call in orders to Dell for faulty/permanently damaged parts.
Pros
Laid Back Workplace
Cons
Timed-pressure
A Convinient place for work as a college student
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 2, 2017
A typical day at work was extremely slow so the hardest part was dealing with the boredom since all the work I needed to do was already done. the most enjoyable part of the job was that I didn't really need to interact with rude customers.
Ungoing many leadership changes. Some Instability
Human Resources Manager, Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 21, 2017
Ursinus College is a prestigious national liberal arts college educating undergraduate students since 1869. Ursinus is an employer of choice where there are excellent resources, benefits, and great people. The Human Resources office provides information and support in the areas of benefits, employee relations, employment opportunities and compliance. Instability regarding new leadership ability to be effective. Much Change in policy and programming.
Typical College Job
Central Campus Manager (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 3, 2016
This is a typical college job. It's great for earning some extra cash while you're away at school. Not a very difficult job, you don't really get to work with other people, but you do get to meet other students! Also, able to complete homework during work hours.
Pros
Able to do homework
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJune 3, 2016
Really professional, organized and energetic work environment. Amazing co workers and friendly workplace. Great money and benefits.
Great place
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 1, 2015
Zack's Café was awesome. From the Students to the Faculty & the Staff! My day consisted of setting up the work stations. Prepping for heavy volume during the lunch rush. Management was the best I've worked with. They were a TEAM. My staff was the best.
College
Utility Worker, Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 16, 2015
I really liked this job, although it was far, the long ride was worth it.

One of my greatest regrets was leaving this job because it was

permanent and all the managers were nice, respectful, and fair to

all their employees.
Fun job tutoring students in French
Tuteur de Français (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PennsylvaniaMay 27, 2015
Tutored students learning the French language. Lead informal group discussions and gave individual help sessions for students who reached out to me.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Not challenging enough
Comfortable work environment
International Admission Intern (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 28, 2015
Calling international students.
I learned how to build a strong interpersonal skill.
Time management is really important.
Friendly co-workers.
Dealing with people on the phone.
get together meeting is the best time to exchange our ideas.
Informative position with effective and strong teamwork
Human Resources Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2014
I truly enjoy working the the Human Resources Department of Ursinus College as a Student Worker. As I am a current student with the college, I only work a minimum of five hours a week, but the position is flexible and I can work over breaks as I am local. I've learned how to work in a team, manage and process bills, manage Student Employment (a separate entity from regular hiring), and co-handle the primary process of communicating with staff applicants in the process of job searching. My co-workers are wonderful and treat me very well. I hardly meet a challenge I can't push through, and it's thoroughly enjoyable to be able to be close to my colleagues while doing a job I love.
Pros
Close relations with colleagues, job experience, Human Resources experience
Cons
Only for students of the college
Great People
Assistant Coach - Secondary (CB) (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 14, 2014
People are friendly and easy to work with. learned a lot as my first year coaching college football.
I got to see how the maintenance side of a college campus works.
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 7, 2014
We would get a list of things to do in the morning and we would get more when we finished. I did activities like replacing ceiling tiles and removing carpet.
Peaceful work environment that challenges the mind
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 19, 2014
Work as a resident advisor is strenuous but enjoyable, I interact with residents on a day to day basis while balancing a personal life of my own. However, I am never to busy to lend a helping hand. I've learned patience, how to rise above adversity and helping others in a way that doesn't hinder them. My co-workers are diverse in ways beyond ethnicity and contribute positive vibes to the workplace. The hardest part of the job is balancing your life with the lives of others all while maintaining your focus and composure. The most enjoyable part is seeing the impact you have made on individuals lives.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no free room and board
Best school job ever
TECHNICAL SUPPORT STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMarch 26, 2014
Getting to work around other students, learn on the job, become the person that everyone knows as the IT person to go to. Excellent job, management and coworkers
Great
Adjunct Biology Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful place to work full time if available
Great staff and educated students
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Difficultly finding a permanent position