Urth Caffe Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 10, 2018
I am reviewing as someone with a terrible experience before even working here. I had an interview and it was not great. I waited for over an 1 1/2 hours with no prior knowledge about the situation. There was only one interviewer instead of two. Yes, we are all in dire need of a job but we have other priorities that we cannot neglect. I needed a job so I stayed, went in and I was pretty sure I am 100% qualified, but by that time, the interviewer was tired. He gave me only 5 minute interview about what my resume already says. Poor poor manager. I was not the only one unhappy about this experience. Just because you're successful in you're location, does not mean you can come into business being cocky. Be humble.
Pros
Cons
inconsiderate
Busy busy
Host (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 7, 2017
A real busy place to work for. Must be able to multitask. Must be able to work well under stress. Have great communication skills and be curteous to customers no matter what!
Mejor
Urth caffe (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2017
Buen equipo ordenados trabajo en equipo buen servicio amable honesto atentos
Great experience
Lead Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
Its a nice establishment with nice and friendly faces. It has been a great experience working here. I have received alot of new skills that i will take with me in my journey to better my future.
Muy buena
Bassboy (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 23, 2017
Es una ayuda muy buena y sobre todo muy apegados a su trabajo
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Ninguno
Very fun and fast pase to work in friendly and fun
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 26, 2017
I loved every single moment working here enjoyed doing desings in coffee I learned a lot here but it's a bit to stressfull so I had to try something else
High paced but fun working environment.
Visual Merchandiser / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work consists of putting the front display together as fast as possible while still maintaining the caffe's aesthetic. Management is excellent and is always there for you to help you push you to your best as well as move up in the company. The hardest part of my job would be the very long hours but the most enjoyable was making someone else's day.
Fun and friendly environment. Everyone is like a family.
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 14, 2017
Typical day at work is usually busy.
I've learned how to take orders. Work at a fast pace. Take down delivery orders. Learned about different types of coffees and teas.
Everyone is like family ,and works together.
The hardest part is when the rush comes in ,and you have to be fast paced.
The most enjoyable part is having good coffee ,and food. Also, working with good team members.
Work, Work, Work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2017
When Urth Caffe is busy, it is really busy. The line is out the door, expanded to the sidewalk. There are always 4-5 managers on duty to ensure that operations run smoothly. There are dine ins, deliveries, take outs, a dessert/cake section, a full coffee bar with latte artists working every shift. One work shift would usually be around 10-12 hours long. We go in as early as 5 A.M. and close to as late as after 12 A.M. The staff all really take pride in their jobs and understands it takes speed to execute a successful shift. I enjoyed working here with my fellow managers and staff in both the kitchen and front of house staff. It was just very hard to balance a personal life working from 60-70 hours a week with one day off.
Productive and not fun at all
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 2, 2017
The store managers are nothing but ignorant. They can hardly work with your schedule and expect you to give up your social life so you can only focus on working six days a week. They expect you to memorize a menu, of over 20 dishes and a variety of drinks, within two to three days of being trained.
Pros
50 percent off meals
Cons
Store manager hardly even do their work
Bad
Barista (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMarch 1, 2017
Being overworked is never good.. They used to give you few hours but made you take your lunch in the beginning of your shift. Management was very condescending and mean.
Loved working here!
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 1, 2017
It was a different working environment and I fell in love with the people! A typical work day consisted of a speedy busy caffe filled with a variety of guests!
Its Ok
SR Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2016
Overall Urth is a cool place to work for; busy place to work and long standing hours. Very fast pace environment and all new employee need to learn system quickly.
productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 23, 2016
full time job as a customer service. my schedule was 5-6 days 5:30a-4:30p
you get discounts with the food in the restaurant.
my co-workers are fun and sometimes annoying but i love working with them.
the hardest part of the job the customers doesn't appreciate your job.
Pros
great benefits. awesome food.
Experience
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downtown Los AngelesOctober 11, 2016
Started off really well but soon realized that it wasn't a very comfortable work environment. Got hired for one position however ended up being multiple positions at once
Coffee and food spot /on company infrastruture is poor
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2016
This company is growing and has a great product ,but no knowledge of how to maintain its Facilities. They have poor leadership and experience in There HR Dept, also the owners are clueless when it comes to making the right decision on how much it takes to keep up with the maintaining of there Facilities nor do they understand the cost of GMP or SOP's to them its a mystery and they have inexperience managers with no background on Preventative Maintenance and what it cost to do it correctly. In short this is a major issue that will come back and get them you can not run a company on bubble gum and duck tape and think that nothing will break down. having 6 locations and going for two more without the proper guide lines they will fail.
Pros
Awesome Coffee and personal
Cons
HR and area managers need to be replaced with more qualified personal.
Stressful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Its always loud and toward the end of my time there, I began to lose my voice. The managers and co-workers can be super inappropriate and their behavior can be close to considered harassment, not all of them though. Be prepared to constantly repeat the difference between all the different options that are provided on the menu.
NO Comment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 1, 2014
no comment about this company. dont like their management guides, could be better.
Pros
not available
Cons
not available
Your very active throughout the day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 27, 2013
your top priority is to give the best customer service you can.