US. Navy

US. Navy Employer Reviews

A great place to learn self-disicpline
Search and Rescue/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Kaneohe, HIMay 21, 2014
Pros: great team environment
I enjoyed my time in the military and I learned a great amount of skills that I can take with me to my next job. I was taught self-discipline and to have pride in my work. It was a small Search and Rescue Command, which gave me the skills to stay calm under pressure. I also learned to communicate effectively and to be organized. The most enjoyable part – more... of my experience is that my small command became my family. – less
Productive and great atomsphere
Engineering (Current Employee), COMPACFLT MOTOR POOL/ BOATHOUSEMarch 27, 2014
Daily operation at the boathouse was keep the upkeep of the three flag barges and facility. I really enjoy giving tour to our guest about the history USS Arizona and Pearl Harbor while driving the boats. The hardest par t of my was leaving Hawaii.
Electrician's Mate First Class (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment great retirement
Great School Great Management Great Co-workers

Hardest part of job is being away from family when I deploy.
i traveled the world
Operation Specialist 2nd Class (E-5) (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: time away from family
work out in the morning then had quarter which is were we received the mission of the day and began work.
Excellent work ethics
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: there is always something to do.
Cons: not enough qualified individuals.
Outstanding working environment. Quality control superb, Always striving for the very best results. Projects accomplished in a timely manner. Respect the chain of command up and down it works. Smile and be patience.
Military enviroment
ABF/ v-4 division (Former Employee), USS NimitzSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: gone from family a long time
Served aboard the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier... Typical military enviroment and honorable discharge.
Always an adventure you never know what your going to experience on a day to day basis
CHRIMP Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: lots of work away from home equally lots of money
Cons: being away from love ones
There is nothing typical having your head on a swivel is a must at all times its a challenge which feeds into why its most enjoyable.. the hardest part of the job is keeping safety the utmost part of the deployment.
My years as a Navy man
Aviation Electricians Mate PettyOfficer AE 3 (Former Employee), CASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: good food and good comradery
Cons: away from your family
I learned that you job can be exciting and learning and progressing is part of the job. I enjoyed my co workers and working with Airplanes and Fire Trucks.
Very Productive
Seabee Builder (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2013
A Very productive environment and teaches you everything to become a better citizen and sailor. Currently i hold a management position so management and the people in charge of me are very organized and understanding. Coworker are from around the world so leaning their culture and their way of working is a experience of a life time.
Lots of Fun
Disbursing Clerk (Former Employee), Alameda, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: moved from michigan to california
Cons: didn't do thirty years
Got to travel half way around the world, also allowed me to live in another part of the country. Was station on ship out of the Bay Area. Work as a disbursing clerk, pay roll for more than 600 sailors. Because of where we travel and the year made some good friends who some of are still friends today.
Awesome time
Aircrew Survival Technician for the U.S Navy (Former Employee), Millington, TNJune 17, 2013
Pros: travel and pay medical benefits
Cons: combat zones not so much fun
Great place to work and travel, flexible hours and pay. friendly people.
Productive and fast paced work place with focus on people
Cryptologic Technician Technical (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2013
A typical day of work is full of hard yet rewarding work. You get to learn about real world events and experience and watch them unfold before you. Where the management was goal focused and cared about the people they managed and the co-workers were always there to provide support. And where the hardest part is signing on for the job and the most enjoyable – more... part is doing things that you would otherwise not get a chance to do or see if you were not part of the military. – less
Short drive to work and commute was outstanding
Engineer Support (Former Employee), North Island, CAApril 21, 2013
Pros: short work days
Cons: work on different base some times.
I enjoy working with new equipment and short days off especially on duty days.
Travel the world and gained an education.
Plane Captain/ Aviation Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAApril 7, 2013
Pros: travel the world and got a chance to work on one of the most advanced aircraft
Cons: long hours and low pay
Learned to: Service hydraulic fluid, fuel, and oil to aircraft. Cleaning aircraft on a weekly bases and ensuring that aircraft was kept in a launch ready position at all times. Also, learned how to troubleshoot and repair avionic systems on the aircraft such as radar and communications systems.
Different locations
RM3 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: stability
Being in the Navy help create my character and the ability to follow all the rules.