USAA Employee Reviews in United States

Diverse company with excellent people and benefits package.
Senior Financial Foundations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78288August 16, 2016
USAA gave me the opportunity to work for them at age 23 and provided me with so much such as leadership skills. On a typical day at work you immediately start interacting with your fellow co- workers by heading to the cafeteria together for breakfast. once you get to your desk it is all about member satisfaction and answering their needs. Management is up tempo always coaching us with call improvement and have an open door policy.
Pros
People, Culture, Diveristy, Challenging, Fun, Management, Benefits
Cons
Lunch time, No commission on sales
USAA on it's own is a great company
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2016
I love USAA. I loved working for USAA. They're banking is top-notch and they treat their members with overwhelming levels of respect. The company remains consistant without sacrificing stability to make new products or offer a new line of products to their members. The training was great and very informative. Helping the members out connected me with people from all over the world.
Pros
Great members, decent pay, leave work satisfied that you've accomplished important things
Cons
short breaks, strict time clock care, no hand-holding, no help out of training
Declining Employer
Consmer Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2016
The new CEO only cares about profit and has lost sight of the emloyee/member well-being. Every call is dictated by referrals to departments that clients do not need and reps get reprimanded if we do not have enough transfers to investments. The job has lost all joy and I am actively seeking other employment.
Pros
Lost sight of them
Cons
Difficult vacation planning, benefits have degraded yearly, turn and burn managment style
Great Place to Work
Corporate Communications and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2016
I learned so much about my profession and craft at USAA. I also had the rare opportunity to work with emerging thinkers and leaders - the rest of the corporate communications world is just now starting to catch up to what we were doing then. As a result, I was a leader in strategic thinking and digital communication platforms years before most organizations, as well as omni-media messaging - a must in any modern marketing/communication portfolio.
Pros
Large enterprise, employee development, leading culture
Cons
N/A
Productive environment
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2016
Typical day consisted of morning meetings to discuss daily and monthly goals.

What I learned from working at Chase was that my position could be eliminated at any given moment.

Management wasn't too hands on while working at Chase. Rules and regulations were a little inconsistent.

My co-workers were great! I actually still in contact with several co-workers I meet while working.

The hardest part of working at Chase was just the inconsistency meaning one department didn't know what the other was doing.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the satisfaction of helping our customers obtain a home
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
show up to work on time, clock in, go to your computer desk, answer incoming calls, no sales, no up selling. Ive learned so much about insurance even passed the certified insurance test to be registered in 18 states. co-workers are great everybody has a positive attitude. the hardest part of the job, is the high call volume, and the notes you have to type in within the call. the most enjoyable aspect of my job, is that it is consistent and you will get a honest paycheck.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard to get a promotion
Jack is good company.. the working culture is good and gives positive energy among the employees.. their administrative culture is very good... thank
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2016
Jack is good company..
the working culture is good and gives positive energy among the employees..
their administrative culture is very good...
thank you for being associated with this company..
looking forward i want to stay more days with this comapy
Great insurance company
AUTO ADJUSTER III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2016
USAA offers cutting edge technology to facilitate the process of daily auto claims. One of the leaders in the auto insurance industry have experienced amazing growth which ensures job security. Benefits are second to none along with a free gym on site to assist employees to maintain good health.
Pros
Job security and great benefits.
Cons
Short breaks and workload could become highly stressful.
Great place to work and great enviornment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2016
Great training and benefits package. Hard work is rewarded. They will pay for necessary licensing to work here. they like to hire within and managers goal is to help you achieve your maximum growth potential. If you want to be promoted they will help you.
Pros
Benefit package, enviornemnt, training
Cons
short breaks, busy call center enviornment
Excellent Company, Employees, Managers
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2016
USAA made the decision to close their Norfolk, VA office. We were provided the opportunity to relocate to either TX, CO,AZ,FL or retire.
USAA has always been a great company to work for. Employees were always considered in all aspects of work. Fast paced environment, always ready to assist our members, who being in the military, always depended on our expertise with their coverages. Hardest part was to leave the company, most enjoyable was being able to assist our military families.
Pros
Bonus based on profit of company

Want to know more about USAA?

Ask a question
Great Company overall!
Licensed member solutions associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2016
Company overall is great, however certain areas have some much needed work as far as management. There are too many Indian's trying to run the show. The training at USAA is great when you can get them to send you. Management is lazy and will not lift a finger to help when you are busy or have and issue with an account.
Great place to work with top notch compensation and benefits, and a culture that is focused, fun, and productive.
Senior Business Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2016
USAA employees are mission-focused and highly engaged. A typical day included meaningful and purposeful work that you really felt was making a difference not only in your future, but in the lives of those who serve our nation.
Cut Throat Culture
Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2016
Many directors and managers protect their jobs by getting rid of promising employees. So many people get let go, it's dog eat dog to try and survive. Negative politics and back-stabbing are commonplace. Reorganizations happen all the time, for no apparent reason. I had fourteen managers less than 10 years. Chaotic changes happen on a regular basis. Beware positive reviews, the company makes management staff go online and write false reviews in an attempt to keep a positive image. Odds are, you will regret working here at some point.
Pros
Just another large call center.
Cons
Chaos, Major disconnect between executive level and directors/managers, People desperately trying to keep jobs for which they are not qualified, Poor middle management, Hostility toward call center employees
some areas are micro managed
Auto Insurance Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2016
Do not micro manage different departments. Overall the company is good to work for and provides a stable environment. The building and grounds are enjoyable. The facilities are more than other business provide for their employees. Training is provided in house to allow insurance licenses to be kept up. Lunch was the best part of the day when time was spent with friends in the cafeterias.
Pros
covered parking
Cons
healthcare has been drastically cut
Injury Auto Adjuster
Adjuster 1 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2016
At first was great, then the workload became unmanageable and management seemed to exist just to make excuses. "it will get better" Lots of people on stress leave, fmla leave. bonuses are great, health insurance is not that great. lots of time off, but you will need it because you are worked to death. Incoming call center enviroment, where you are told that you have been away from your desk for too long, and questioned constantly about your breaks. (even if you just needed a cup of coffee because someone just cursed you out on the phone). I was an exceeds employee who left.
Pros
bonus
Cons
being tied to phone, workload, management
Great benefits and wonderful mission
Financial foundations senior specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2016
Very few companies care for their overall mission like this one. Definitely a gratifying and challenging place to work. Most employees are placed in a call center environment, which can prove to be a challenge for those who prefer a more physical human interaction from day-to-day.
Benefits
Cons
Work-Life-Balance
Great Company For College Graduates
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2016
I recommend this job for any recent college graduates or transfers into management or strategic planning positions. If your going in to an entry level position make sure that your willing to take on extra assignments and activities to distinguish yourself from a large employee pool.
Enjoyed every year I was employed there. My whole family worked there.
Senior Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2016
Very busy job being that its a production environment. Worked well with all co workers and managers. This company provides avenues for all employees to advance within the company. Employees are well compensated with excellent benefits.
Usaa
Customer Service and Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2016
Working with USAA has given me the best opportunity of assisting our Military Forces. With all that they are dealing with it gives me great comfort that I am there to help them when they need that assistance. When they are getting deployed and are needing help with banking and just advice we are there to listen and make their transition easy .
know that I have helped a serviceman, And knowing that they have one less thing to worry about.
Great Company to work for
Policy Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2016
Assist members with their insurance needs by providing quotes and assisting with any insurance questions or concerns making sure they understand their coverages, you learn from your peers whom are always willing to assist and management is their for all your concerns, Enjoyed talking with our members and helping them

4.3