USAA

USAA Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Medicare Sales Rep (Current Employee), 9800 Fredericksburg RdSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: culture
I managed numerous processes over the last 8 years of leadership at USAA
*Responsible for most HR aspects (FMLA, STD, Releasing employees, hiring employees)
*Coaching and mentoring both in-bound and out-bound employees
*Call center and productivity metrics
*3rd party contracting
*Global Sourcing responsibilities
*Six Sigma Lean- 2 years of process improvement implementation.

My passion is growing and developing people, while maintaining a productive atmosphere for the enterprise.

The hardest part of management is implementing new processes and getting employee buy-in, since change is difficult for most.
Typical day at work
LEAD BUSINESS MANGER (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2014
• Managed a team of four Business Managers SME’s, PIA’s, Business Analysts, IT Analysts to ensure project deliverables are documented.
• Responsible for performance of Business Managers assigned to Fidelity Core Banking Upgrade.
• Evaluate all Business Manager deliverables such as: SIPOC, VOC/CTQ, IIPA, User stories, and Business requirements.
• Track and report progress of Business Managers to Executive Director and EMG.
• Ensured all deliverables met USAA quality standards.
• Point of contact for multiple CoSA’s on Fidelity Core Banking Upgrade.
• Provided weekly status updates to EMG and impacted stakeholders.
• Worked with the BCA to develop, document, and validate all project benefits.
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and EMG to provide recommendations on price, timeline, and value for recommended solution.
• Facilitate meetings to identify risks to the project and provide solutions to mitigate those risks.
• Provided coaching and mentoring to supporting staff to ensure high performance standards are met.
• Facilitate meetings with external vendors to discuss pricing, options, and timelines.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Was a very busy office. Handled multiple files from underwriters to get files to closing
Does great work for our military
Financial Foundations Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Typical day of work is to take 35 to 50 calls from members regarding their investment accounts. During the day you are helping members uncover and meet their financial goals. Management is extremely helpful with career development.
Great benefits
Senior Loan Processer (Current Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 11, 2014
As Senior processor you stay very busy with pipeline management assisting processors with the files. The changes they are making to the mortgage department make it feel more like a call center which is challenging in the mortgage industry. The satisfying part of the job is getting loans closed and helping members refinance or purchase their home.
Dull and boring work place
Software Development Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: lots of cafes.
Cons: boring. dull work place.
If I worked here much longer, I think I would have aged 15 years, started to hate life and go through a mid-life crisis all before age 24.

You work with lots of veterans, which is fine, but not when you are a recent college grad.
Company with a great mission
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Call center environment with great benefits. Not much flexibility with scheduling time off.
excellent health benefits and productive work place
Sales/Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, good work environment, good training
Cons: micro management
Would work for USAA again. It is a little micro managed but working for this company was enjoyable and my co-workers were friendly and helpful always.
Good company servicing military personel
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: gym, reduced lunched, lots of overtime
Cons: managment wasn't helpful and sometimes rude
I like the fact that it was a company based on the specific needs of the military & their families. Offered many services and was "family" orientated.
Claims Adjuster
Claims Adjuster/Sales (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2014
Investigation of auto claims presented by first and/or third parties to ensure claim validity, legal liability, and settlement value. Investigated moderately complex auto and property claims. Assisted members with loss reports, confirming coverage’s, and answering inquiries for adjusting auto and/or property claims
USAA
I.T. Project Manager (Former Employee), san antonio, txAugust 25, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: location
Great place to work. Go to meetings and run projects for IT compliance.
Great place to work with convenient location.
Financial/Acctg/Tech1 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great working hours and benefits, bonuses.
Cons: short lunch but flexible
I worked at USAA for 34 years and enjoyed my time.
I would like to return to work for this company after I have retired.
It is a great company to work with and has great benefits.
Rewarding Job Responsibilities
Building Wealth Specialist (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: i was proud of what i did on a daily basis.
Cons: there was little to no work life balance because management didn't allow for steady work schedules.
A typical day at work consisted of identifying the financial needs of our military families. I completed various duties from opening checking and savings accounts to issuing home and auto insurance policies to processing consumer loan applications.
Enjoyable workplace
Life Underwriting Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2014
USAA is a wonderful company to work for. Management is always pushing to excel.
Dedicated company with lots of perks for associates
Collector 1 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2014
- The hardest part of my job was calling members back to back on a dialing system, with the majority of them upset they were recieving phone calls. Often screaming and yelling
- The best part of working for this company is getting satisfaction in knowing ive helped someone who was in dire need of assistance. Many times that woud include the Disable Vets and Current or Retired Military Service Men and Women.
- A typical day at work was assisting many members in making payment arrangements to keep their insurance active.
Happy to work
Test Lead, I (Current Employee), SanAntonio, TexasAugust 14, 2014
Very interactive and very helpful to work at USAA. Enjoyed eacha nd every moment.
HCL
Level 1 Technical Support (Current Employee), san antonioAugust 14, 2014
Pros: compensation, experience, entry level
Cons: bad management, poor management, no opportunity for growth
typical day, i come in and take calls and perform basic IT troublshooting for USAA and contracted employees
educational
Mortgage Underwriter / Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2014
I learned a lot working with USAA definitely a lot of opportunity to grow and help those that protect our freedom
Innovative company
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 13, 2014
This company has a firm commitment to their workforce. They believe in putting the customers and employees first.
Productive, fast-paced environment
Auto Adjuster (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2014
It starts with checking voicemails from inquiries of claimants/members, checking and reviewing e-mails, and then start working on claims. Assisting member on state regulations and assisting with our SIU department as well as our salvage department almost daily to help move claims forward in the finalizing process.