USAGENCIES Employee Reviews

daily work stressful
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work was stressful, too much work and upper management was not good or helpful at all. The hardest part of the job was too much work and not enough pay or compensation. The only most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers on a daily basis.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
conpensation
Micromanaged;poor management; cold calls;under paid
Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 11, 2017
This company has gone down hill. They claim not to have "cold calls" however you get a list of prior customers to call daily. Customers who knew the customer service was horrible and would never return. No call center so the agents have to service walk in customers and take calls. Therefore it's hard to provide awesome customer service. You have to either put the call on hold while you help the customer sitting in front of you or ask the customer in front of you to wait while you help the person over the phone. HORRIBLE! Either way. This job can be a starting point to get licensed and some hands on experience. After that RUN! The pay sucks! 10.00 an hour and you have to sell ten policies a week before you get paid for one. No support from upper management. The turn over rate is high! Instead of spending so much money replacing agents. Confie should focus on managment. All of them need to be replaced! Top to bottom!
Pros
Easy to get state insurance license
Cons
Poor pay, bad management, turn over rate high
Not a good place to work
na (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 11, 2017
The Company does not care about the employees. They do not care if you are sick or not also there only focus is how many phone calls you can make a day not about making sure the customers are happy
Here is my summary
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 26, 2017
This company is ok to work with. I absolutely love my co-workers and they all pitch in and help you as often as they can with no problem. I will say this job isn't for a single mom that doesn't have family here.
Great place to get experience.
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 18, 2017
I would advise anyone looking to begin a career in insurance to use this as your starting line. I would not advise anyone to choose this as the finish line for your career.
Pros
Pto, room to advance
Cons
High turn over rate, Inconsistant expectations and requirements
productive
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 5, 2017
productive , fun place ,work 8 hr, bilingual agents , gave quotes , compete against different stores , gave prizes to customer for referrals, had to meet a monthly goa
Pros
pto
Cons
long days
Very Poorly Run Company
Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LAJanuary 24, 2017
This company is very poorly run as in the aspect of management. Most managers do not know the proper procedures and/or laws in the state in which we operate. Managerial skills are very poor, the compensation was just restructured and cut agents pay approx. 30%.
Wonderful working environment
Claims Intake (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2016
My typical day would be constant incoming calls from auto policyholders, filing auto claims of needing to speak with their adjusters. There were days, where I would train new Reps.
Friendly productive environment
Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 2, 2016
Clean, friendly, productive working environment. Excellent management with great opportunity for advancement. Relaxed , comfortable, well managed Information Systems department. Very good benefits.
Demanding, Micro-managed
Licensed Sales Agent/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 9, 2016
Sales agents had to meet quotas or be reprimanded; business hours were until 7pm in most sales offices; unfair pay for performance (commission) was key-slow office employees do not make as much as busy offices and call center employees.
Great starter job
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAApril 17, 2016
Typical day includes face to face with customers all day in a one person office. Some days there are two scheduled. Being a one person office was the hardest part when you need to service 5 or 6 people and they have to wait for you to finish. What I learned is that sometimes customers just need a smiling face and to talk to a human.
Cons
restroom breaks are impossible
Just ok
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 1, 2016
The company itself is just an OK job to work at. It would be much better if management actually cared. No one wants you to have a voice here.
not well managed , theft going on within management , management never in the office or working
Car Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 18, 2015
no working security cameras or panic buttons, not a good work environment, I wouldn't use USAgencies personally nor would I recommend it to anyone
Overpopulated by one gender
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2015
Biased management and favoritism towards own gender. No room for improvement unless your a part of the "click". Felt like being back in high school; with the constant gossiping and rumors.
Pros
Easy enough
Cons
Management abusive position, inconsistent directions
Great company if you want to learn about property and casualty insurance.
Retention Sales Agent / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 9, 2015
My typical day at work consists of quoting, selling, and endorsing policies. I have learned a lot about insurance and finance. My management listens to our problems, but they require evidence to process changes. My co-workers are lovely people. I feel as if they are part of my extended family. The hardest part of my job is when the systems fail, and customers are affected by the failing system. The most enjoyable part is a customer telling me that I am a reputable agent, and they would recommend our services.
Pros
Great benefits and plenty of overtime.
Cons
No advancement possibilities available for me.
Good pay horrible management team
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 22, 2015
Worked for the company almost a year, was not trained properly and at the first sign that i made a mistake the company let me go, Once I advised them that I had corrected the error it was made known that they weren't interested in keeping me on board, Let me go without notice, took half my wages for the weeks i had worked for the "training" I had done, Manager also was very rude when hovering over me to make sure I got my items from the broken desk. 10 hour work days 30 minute lunches, no breaks and the management team in my area didn't care if you had a life out side of work, they only wanted you to work.
Pros
Good pay for the area
Cons
Everything else
Was let go after almost 7 years of service
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  allMarch 20, 2015
This company is not set so that one can move up. They put you in offices alone and never bother to get you help but require you to provide a service that meets their standards. This includes being a virtual call center and servicing angry customers who have no desire to wait in a dirty, smelly office with no public restrooms. They hire new agents and never bother to train them so when they mess up and someone else to clean it up, their is no training or anything to teach the new agent the proper procedure. Now that I think about it, the old agents do not have proper training either so they are also messing up. I was in an office with a thief who was worried about being caught so she made false allegations to aide her in her investigation. This person head not been employed a year yet but they HR Department took her word and kicked me to the curb. I am actually happier now that I am no longer stressed at this job because they are going downhill. It is clear now why it had to be sold. I do not like to give terrible service but half the time you can not help but to with his company because the do not give you the proper tools or support. The pay is pretty good and most companies do not pay this. I was promoted and made less because The agents who worked under me was in constant need of hand holding but again they is not all their fault since they never had any training even though they were not new. Roll the dice and take a chance...you may be one of the lucky ones. Lesson learned on my part and I do not really regret my time there but just want to be truthful.
Pros
Pay decent-good, works with scheduling if you in an office with someone who is flexible.
Cons
sometimes you will have to be a one person office, no official training, management has no clue about insurance, management does not support their employees
review of USAgencies
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 5, 2015
This is a cut-rate insurance company so you get cut-rate customers. The best part of the job was the experience I gained in the insurance industry.
Do not waste your career here
sales agent (Former Employee) –  Montgomery AlabamaJanuary 22, 2015
Management is clueless and unprofessional. This company will hire bums off the street if they are breathing. Worked here for a year and finally resigned in an effort to avoid physical alterations with the sloppy manger I was under. Management made several inappropriate comments to me concerning my disability. Performance does not matter when it comes to advancement. This company will only advance based on seniority. The carriers they use do not pay claims and constantly ignored customer complaints. The base pay was 12.95 plus commission for me. You write 9 policies for free and get paid for the rest. You can make so much more with other companies and not have to deal with unprofessional people. Take heed to these warnings or you'll find yourself in a bad situation! The Montgomery Alabama offices are run by bitter women whose prior experience is in the food industry. I made a lot of money only because I worked hard for myself. If you're not already licensed they will only pay for a personal lines licence not a full P&C so you will be there slave because no other insurance company will accept less than a full P&C. Thank God my credentials were already in tact before I worked for them. I've been able to reduce the MG of my antidepressants since leaving. I also reported drug use amongst agents there to HR but was told I was just a disgruntled employee making false claims.
Pros
the pay is decent for this demographic
Cons
everything else besides the pay
USAgencies Employment
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Chalmette & MetairieOctober 13, 2014
I really enjoyed the daily change of the business in a very busy office.
Pros
The pay was great, overall it is a great company
Cons
The hours were too long and I worked every weekend and covered call in's for 2 locations