USAID Employee Reviews in United States

Making all administrative work for the project that I am assigned to
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2015
Organize meeting, workshop, meeting, correspondence contact all participants for several projects that are financed by USAID/US Embassy. Travel for seminars to Washington to improve my knowledge in communication, management or other subject that are important for several programs in the office.
Pros
Attending seminars in Washington
Cons
having to go on field trip
Very helpful workplace
it specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2015
A great place to work if you have a desire to help others in need. They provide resources to countries in need and assist in their development so they can be self sustaining.
One year health education curriculum implementation
Health Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 19, 2015
The opportunity to be able to utilize the health education materials I helped teachers in the Philippines to develop in different areas of the Philippines was exciting. Hundreds of thousands of children were able to receive instruction in practicing basic health procedures. Teachers were able to continue using these materials for subsequent years with their students (30 years now!).
The overall focus of the project was building the capacity of beneficiaries.
Regional Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bahir Dar, Amhara region, EthiopiaJune 25, 2015
Management is a tool used to get works done through people. For this purpose, the first day at work demands to introduce with staff, the work environment and facilities to be deployed for work.
Co-workers should be enthusiastic and gear their energy towards organizational goals.
The hardest part of the job is if it the organization has no plans.
The most enjoyable part of a job is to get customer satisfaction.
My job of a life time. Excellent environment, excellent opportunity to professionally grow.
Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  multiple locationsJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at USAID. In fact, I only worked one year outside of USAID, therefore my only experience is working with USAID.
Excellent working with USAID Projects where ever they are!
Senior Health Adviser (Former Employee) –  South SudanApril 15, 2015
I had very good time with all the project staff, Local authorities and communities in three different project areas in Sudan.
Helping the needy and working with the community is my passion and I contributed a lot on the implementation USAID HEAR (Health, Education and Reconciliation)Project in Abiye, North Kordufan and North Blue Nile regions in Sudan.
wounderful work place
Logistic and procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Nyala South darfur SUDApril 20, 2015
we do not even feel the time
taking decisions
great
they are wonderful
sending the grants materials to the field
to see the outcome and the impact of the project on the faces of the beneficiaries
It's about like you imagine
Adviser (Current Employee) –  DCJune 18, 2015
Easy work
Poor leaders
Massive bureaucracy
Sometimes make a difference
You only get one shot at life. Decide if this is where you want to be.
One of the best projects I have ever worked on which includes a wide variety of cultures and ethnic origins
Volunteer Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  Raid City, SDFebruary 3, 2015
Overall the project included a diverse group of people and businesses all of who possess the knowledge and ability to increase their productivity and worth. Everyone demonstrated the desire to learn and change themselves and their businesses for the good of their communities. Coworkers possessed a keen awareness of cultural differences and worked in harmony with everyone. The hardest part about doing the job was leaving and not been able to follow through with their futures. The most enjoyable part was working with so many talented and knowledgeable friends.
Pros
meeting people from different cultures, gaining new friends, and understanding of each culture.
Cons
the only cons is the short amount of time spend with each new friend and business worked
Result oriented and full of learning
Regional Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Lahore, PPBNovember 13, 2014
Working at USAID is very smooth and result oriented. Daily we have new learning there. The most enjoybale part of this job is travelling and security assessments. All of the co-workers are good and cooperative in term of security and safety.
They regulary participated in security sessions and contribute their value addition comments for further improvement.
The only draw back in USAID that there is no job security of the project for number of reasons, in which project closure is the main one.
Pros
health care
Cons
conveyance and accomodation for out station staff
nice and simple
youth technical advisor (Current Employee) –  Addis, LAApril 29, 2015
An exellent systematized and well organized organization. Helps many developement initiatives and program that are bringing significant change accross the world.
Busy work place , enjoyed to be at service of people and learn from them
Compliance Officer ( & Property Book Officer) (Former Employee) –  Kabul , Taimani Watt * USAID- ChecchiOctober 2, 2014
I would purchase food every morning for 70 national and international staff , i felt responsible at those time and enjoyed the trust of my international and national colleagues . They were confident of my ability and professionalism.

I learned the American culture and life style and many more stuff from them . I learned how to work smart rather than working hard.
Pros
good environment, throphys given to staff
Cons
health care
Rewarding and challengin
Policy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
Work on current issues and liase with government. Have the ability to think of positive outcomes for US businesses and foreign nations.
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
slow decision making and budget issues
Review of USAID
SPPM (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2014

 Provide cross-functional support to SPPM team
 Work closely with Directors of Budget and Communications to provide daily operational support
 Work closely with Communications & Engagement (COMs) team with creating, editing and submitting print requests for fact sheets, handouts, info graphics and other print materials used by USAID
 Assist COMs with editing of newsletter articles and updating fact sheets
 Work with COMs to create Administrator’s taskers
 Process travel requests
 Obtain country clearances via email/cable (eCCs) for travelers on SPPM team
 Process travel vouchers and document travel in Agency’s electronic system (e2 Solutions)
Productive and engaging
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2013
It was fun to work with different professional people with the same goal/objective - to make a change. I learnt that the there is strength in diversity and in working together. Though you may have different ways of achieving an outcome, just participating in those JAD sessions helped ease those concerns and by building on each others strength.

The hardest part of my job was the frequent long overseas missions. Sometimes away from family for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job was making things work for every key stakeholder. Listening to people from different cultures and designing a product that meets their needs was just gratifying.
Interesting, mission centered, excellent facility, wholesome work environment, professional and vast potential
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 7, 2013
The mission of USAID is to provide assistance to developing countries throughout the world and to this end give people in impoverished conditions the opportunity to fulfill their God given potential.
Pros
benefits, consistency, quality people, good management, global mission
Cons
there are not any offices in states in us besides the washington, va area.
Project coordinator and finance analyst
Project COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  DOMINICAN REPUBLICFebruary 6, 2014
Work in proposal design of project, identification of necessity of the population focus.
Direction of the technician teem specialize in agro-industrial process and cocoa beans commercialization with usaid support
Negotiate with local agency financing for rehabilitation of cocoa farmer impacted for hurricane in dominican republic
standard operating procedure to improve the lab working management
senior laboratories advisor (Former Employee) –  egyptApril 27, 2013
working day starting from 8.0 AM till 5.0 PM
I learned how to be profession person
vice president is a good manager
co-workers very helpful
the hardest part is the limited time
the enjoyable part of the job is the good cooperation and coordination between me and the team
In General working with JSI/USAID was productive
Consultant of Research Method (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 28, 2013
Working with JSI/USAID was exiting and productive. The staff members who were working with were very helpful in providing necessary information regarding the job.
Pros
free coffee and snack were provided
Cons
far away from where i live and traffic jam - thus driving made me tired.
Productive and good Asset for the company
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pristina, Kosovo US EmbassyMay 11, 2013
I have learned too much from this Company for the work for the Projects and the time and respect the job and co-workers, hardest part dealing with warious Projects.
Pros
lunches.
Cons
nothing.

4.5