USAID

USAID Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 31, 2014
I like working in a capacity where I help contribute to eradicating poverty in foreign countries.
Busy work place , enjoyed to be at service of people and learn from them
Compliance Officer ( & Property Book Officer) (Former Employee), Kabul , Taimani Watt * USAID- ChecchiOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good environment, throphys given to staff
Cons: health care
I would purchase food every morning for 70 national and international staff , i felt responsible at those time and enjoyed the trust of my international and national colleagues . They were confident of my ability and professionalism.

I learned the American culture and life style and many more stuff from them . I learned how to work smart rather than – more... working hard. – less
Security Provider
Security Assistant (Former Employee), Wazer Akbar KhanSeptember 9, 2014
Keep an eye on everything to insure the safety. I learned how can I be strong enough to face difficulties.
Dynamic place to work
Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: bureaucratic
Interesting placed to work with a lot of passionate people. Great opportunities to network and get to know top level professionals in the field.
Good job, work from home
Intern (Former Employee), College Park, MDJune 9, 2014
Lots of odd jobs with flexible hours. Ended up mostly creating training videos.
Review of USAID
SPPM (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 8, 2014

 Provide cross-functional support to SPPM team
 Work closely with Directors of Budget and Communications to provide daily operational support
 Work closely with Communications & Engagement (COMs) team with creating, editing and submitting print requests for fact sheets, handouts, info graphics and other print materials used by – more... USAID
 Assist COMs with editing of newsletter articles and updating fact sheets
 Work with COMs to create Administrator’s taskers
 Process travel requests
 Obtain country clearances via email/cable (eCCs) for travelers on SPPM team
 Process travel vouchers and document travel in Agency’s electronic system (e2 Solutions) – less
PROJECT COORDINATOR AND FINANCE ANALYST
Project COORDINATOR (Former Employee), DOMINICAN REPUBLICFebruary 6, 2014
WORK IN PROPOSAL DESIGN OF PROJECT, IDENTIFICATION OF NECESSITY OF THE POPULATION FOCUS.
DIRECTION OF THE TECHNICIAN TEEM SPECIALIZE IN AGRO-INDUSTRIAL PROCESS AND COCOA BEANS COMMERCIALIZATION WITH USAID SUPPORT
NEGOTIATE WITH LOCAL AGENCY FINANCING FOR REHABILITATION OF COCOA FARMER IMPACTED FOR HURRICANE IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT
Grants Manager (Former Employee), KOSOVOFebruary 3, 2014
Responsible for overall management of the grant program - monitoring, evaluation and coordination of grant-making components of USAID EROL Strategic Activities Fund worth $975,000.00 and the capacity building components of EROL grants program under USAID FORWARD.
Designed the Grants manual
Compiled an assessment report of the Kosovo Local NGOs and educational – more... institutions capacities working in Rule of Law sector
Developed Request for Application package of documents under USAID Forward
Designed implementation plan of the USAID EROL Strategic Actives fund grant making and administration process
Responsible for court monitoring data collection, reporting, advising USAID Forward 13 su-grantees on their advocacy initiatives, coaching, mentoring and on job training
Member of a Technical Evaluation Committee for reviewing proposals under USAID Forward RFA Designed the policies for ensuring transparent open and fair grant making process
 Provided on job training and advice to two main USAID Forward Grantees and 13 sub-grantees on project data gathering systems and reporting
capacities as well as their overall advocacy initiatives.
 Conducted organizational technical needs assessment of two main USAID Forward grantees, Advocacy Training and Resource Center/ATRC and
Balkan Investigative Reporting Network/BIRN; provided regular advise to both NGOs to successfully implement respective projects under USAID Forward
 Reviewed and recommended proposals for court monitoring for USAID approval
 Review Panel Member of several solicitation of IQC, Architecture & Engineering/Kosovo court Refurbishment Design and Project Management – less
Fast paced
Interagency Curriculum Developer (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 18, 2013
Pros: international work
Cons: insular
OFDA is the lead government agency for the coordination for international disaster assistance.
Productive and engaging
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2013
It was fun to work with different professional people with the same goal/objective - to make a change. I learnt that the there is strength in diversity and in working together. Though you may have different ways of achieving an outcome, just participating in those JAD sessions helped ease those concerns and by building on each others strength.

The – more... hardest part of my job was the frequent long overseas missions. Sometimes away from family for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job was making things work for every key stakeholder. Listening to people from different cultures and designing a product that meets their needs was just gratifying. – less
good
Secretary (Former Employee), overseasSeptember 15, 2013
very pleasant people to work for. great working experience. good pay
Interesting, mission centered, excellent facility, wholesome work environment, professional and vast potential
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Washington DCJuly 7, 2013
Pros: benefits, consistency, quality people, good management, global mission
Cons: there are not any offices in states in us besides the washington, va area.
The mission of USAID is to provide assistance to developing countries throughout the world and to this end give people in impoverished conditions the opportunity to fulfill their God given potential.
In General working with JSI/USAID was productive
Consultant of Research Method (Former Employee), Rome, GAJune 28, 2013
Pros: free coffee and snack were provided
Cons: far away from where i live and traffic jam - thus driving made me tired.
Working with JSI/USAID was exiting and productive. The staff members who were working with were very helpful in providing necessary information regarding the job.
Productive and good Asset for the company
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Pristina, Kosovo US EmbassyMay 11, 2013
Pros: lunches.
Cons: nothing.
I have learned too much from this Company for the work for the Projects and the time and respect the job and co-workers, hardest part dealing with warious Projects.
standard operating procedure to improve the lab working management
senior laboratories advisor (Former Employee), egyptApril 27, 2013
working day starting from 8.0 AM till 5.0 PM
I learned how to be profession person
vice president is a good manager
co-workers very helpful
the hardest part is the limited time
the enjoyable part of the job is the good cooperation and coordination between me and the team
USAID is an effective frontline agency for advancing US Government influence and ideals of good governance, democracy and international peace.
SURGE FOOD FOR PEACE OFFICER (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 13, 2012
Pros: travels on tdy and visiting program sites and beneficiaries.
Cons: absence from family.
On a typical day, one reviews incoming communication on the status of programs/projects one is responsible for in the respective countries and provides responses and/or guidance for further action. Issues beyond one's authority are reported to one's supervisor for directives. Further data is requested from the field when required.

I learned teamwork, – more... data assessment and evaluation, the necessity for good judgment and the reward of hard work and constant learning of new approaches to obtain program/project objectives.

Management provides continual training commensurate with delegated authority/responsibility.

Co-workers are a valuable asset on account of the variety of skills,
perspectives and backgrounds that they bring to teamwork.

The hardest part of the work is that one is always "on call" when in the field on account of time zone differences. One has to keep Washington apprised of urgent situations in Washington time.

The most enjoyable part of the work is meeting program beneficiaries in the field and feeling that one is making a difference in the lives of others. – less
productive, nice place of work, professional team
Civil Service Reform Senior Officer (Former Employee), Baghdad/IRAQDecember 23, 2014
Pros: good security
Cons: healthcare
Working with USAID/Tarabot-Civil Service Reform program adding value to my experience.
This job was very positive, team work, good managing, I enjoyed each minute of working.
Amazing place to work
Program Specialist (M&E) (Current Employee), Port-au-PrinceDecember 5, 2014
US Embassy Mission in Haiti is the "we dream, we deliver" place to work.
In our Mission, we TRUST the people we work for; and we Have PRIDE in what we are doing.
Good work environment
Zambia Read to succeed project - internship (Former Employee), Lusaka, Zambia.December 1, 2014
I enjoyed working at US AID, Read to succeed project Zambia. They provided a good work environment for me and everyone was friendly and willing to teach me new things as long as i asked.
More responsibilities
Supervisory Accountant (Former Employee), USAID/AfghanistanDecember 1, 2014
I had great 6.7 years of working experience with USAID performing on different roles i.e Voucher Examiner, Project Accountant and a Supervisory Accountant. I managed staff of different cultures and regions and have a good reputation among the team.

1 2 3 4 5