USCB America Employee Reviews

Poor management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2017
Possibly the worst management I’ve seen managers take everything personally and will discipline off their feelings . No career advancement if you ask your told “we don’t have those” or you may email HR and get no response at all!
Pros
The best company I've worked for in my entire career.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
USCB America is a great place to work. We are an employee owned company so our culture is driven to work smart and waste little. All company profits are returned to the employees in the form of stock shares.

Most work is performed in a call center environment so it's not for everyone. We have very strict time and attendance policies, which can be a problem for some. For the right people, the work is very enjoyable and rewarding.

We promote from within and rarely hire outside of the company for supervisor or management positions. We believe in coaching and mentoring and developing our staff for the next step in their career path.
Pros
Employee Stock Ownership Program
Cons
Strict Time and Attendance Policies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2017
At USCB or RMS everyone is like a big family.
The have great training and a good benefits package.'
The starting pay rate is more than minimum wage and their is a lot of coaching in order for employee's to maintain production. Great place
to work.
Terrible working environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
If you are on management's "favorites" list, you are golden. If not, you can't do anything right. The working environment is deteriorating fast, and shows no hope of improvement. If you are there, leave! If you are thinking of applying, don't!
Pros
Cons
Parking, upper management, pay, politics, employee treatment
Small Company
Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
Rather not due to it's a very small company and everyone is related and knows everybodys business so rather not.,no structure, they promote and demote who they want.,raises and evaluations are not done yearly and you can be there a couple of years with no raise.
Pros
Ceo
Cons
Sr VP
excellent and positive
Lead Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 2, 2017
At USCB AMERICA it was a great experience as to medical debts collections , I learn so much as to HIPPA and to always maintain a positive mentality at all times . My day consist of making 100 outbound calls everyday , putting notes in the accounts adding payment arrangements , calling the debt clients that had not yet had made their promised payment arrangements . At time clients could get a bet stern and aggressive but we need to always give our client the best service we can and provide the best solution there is for them to understand and reach an understanding .
Pros
learn to understand medical billing, next of kin, taking payments over the phone
Do not work here
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 30, 2017
McDonlds is better than working here. Terrible....................mind games, no training. People that work there are not your friend. Terrible If they don't like you
Pros
Cons
Terrible
Job Hiring
Collector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 26, 2017
This company told me I was hired and to wait on my background check to come back. 2 weeks went by called and spoke with manager. Sd just waiting for a opening which will be another 2 weeks. Called again after 2 weeks, manager sd we deceided to go with someone else and if a opening becomes open they would let me know and keep my application on file. Day after see position open on indeed. Company has no integrity and juat wastes your time by lying that you have a position. Very big sign not to work there.
This company is utter trash
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2017
This entire company is complete garbage just like all their employees, managers, supervisors. Trashy company, trashy people. And they are a bunch of liars.
Pros
Pros? Youre joking right?
Cons
Projects and staff have potential, management just enjoys favoritism too much.
Insurance Follow up-Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
The staff and projects have so much potential but most are driven away due to the favoritism upper management plays. Managers and supervisors have their group of friends that they protect while the others get the bad end of things. A lot of talent has left due to this.
Pros
The different amount of clients.
Cons
Wouldnt Recommend workng here.
Medical biller / Follow up (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2017
Overbearing amounts of work, no clear instruction on what you should be doing each day, none to very little training, lots of favoritism with managers. & also No job security.
Pros
Cons
everything
Could benefit from improvements in the company
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2017
The training did not match what was required when actually doing the job. Questions and complaints posed by the clients were often difficult or near impossible to answer. I often felt at a loss to help people, and I was literally discouraged from asking for guidance or assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the impromptu food get-togethers. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to help the clients.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lack of assistance for employees, inadequate training
Great environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 2, 2016
There is a lot of negative out there for USCB, and you can read it for yourselves.

There are also some very positive aspects in where they treat you as an individual and not just a widget. The management staff there truly tries to make it a great place, but the poor compensation really does not support their efforts
Pros
Decent workplace environment
Cons
Horrible compensation
Overall good place
Administrative Assistant of Operation (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 24, 2016
When its busy its very stressful but when its calm and collected it's a great place. You just have to learn to keep your head down and not get into the drama.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Great Leraning Experience
Medical Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2016
This is a job where you can learn a lot if you put time to learn. A growing company that is strict but fair. Room for advancement but it does not happen right away. A lot patience is required if you want to advance
Fun
Cal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2016
These people are good! However there isn't much room for growth. The job was consistent, but hard to advance with in the company. I enjoyed working with this company.
Great work place to gain experience but not enough opportunity to advance.
Customer Service/ Ins. Representative II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
USCB has a great work environment. Great place to gain knowledge and experience. Very few opportunities to advance in the company.
Worst company - keep searching
Collector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 28, 2016
I would never recommend this company to anyone. The co-workers were usually great people, however management in this particular office were VERY unprofessional. They had their favorites and if you were not one of them, you'd never make it. I've personally witnessed management decide they no longer would want a certain employee/ employees there and they will waste precious company time by actually digging and monitoring to find things on people to eventually get them fired. They would openly discuss their employees and complain about them to one another. Yes, we have ears...we can hear you..by the way. Employee owned does not matter here...you will be gone before you get to see any money from that...and they know this. The best thing the CEO's could ever do for this location is to clean house of ALL the current management/supervisor team...for this location to ever have a chance to truly succeed. Are you failing here at this location? Of course you are. Doesn't take a genius to see the large turn over. People come and go their 1st week for a reason. Unfortunately, I believe the CEO's were either too busy creating new positions for themselves, that they can not see the forest for the trees or just don't care. Sad really. This management team only search out the negative on a day to day basis and make excuses why raises are not handed out. Everything is set up for the employees to fail...EVERYTHING. How did they ever get into the positions they are in I will never know. Not one of them is qualified to lead a team of employees. I can't not give props to any of the management  more... team here. They are all terrible and everybody at this location are only there until something better comes along if they even last that long. There were only a few "seasoned" employees there ..they make sure of that. The work is not hard but very tedious and you are mircro-managed BEYOND belief! Every word out of your mouth to every minute was to be accounted for or else. You can not even clock in a minute late without being reprimanded. Regardless of the reason. You are put in a box, really, and never allowed to stray. Even the way you collect is scripted? Pay was low, Medical was high, morale was the worst and NO room for advancement. If you are thinking of applying here, keep on searching. Not a place you want to be. Hopefully the CEO's will get a clue before this location becomes a complete bust. Not a disgruntle ex-employee, just an honest one.  less
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2016
USCB is by far the best employer I have worked for. Management was always open to feedback regarding process improvements, gave many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Every day was greeted with a smile, and positive outlook. I was able to learn administrative functions, reporting, insurance follow up, refund processing, customer service and patient financial services. The motto for the company is "work smarter, not harder". The relationships I formed within my team at USCB are irreplaceable, including with some of the management staff, I was held to high standards and thrown in many directions but they always had my back and showed their appreciation throughout my employment. I am eternally grateful for the many opportunities USCB gave me. Any one would be lucky to work in the Sacramento branch.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Great Management, Positive Work Environment
Cons
High Healthcare costs
Its a job
Medical collector (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 9, 2016
Management is no good, everyone is treated different . if managers like you they will help you if not you will be out the doors.
Pros
None .. No motivation or apprications
Cons
You have to use the restroom within 2min and be back to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USCB America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7