USCB America Employee Reviews

Overall good place
Administrative Assistant of Operation (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 24, 2016
When its busy its very stressful but when its calm and collected it's a great place. You just have to learn to keep your head down and not get into the drama.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Great Leraning Experience
Medical Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2016
This is a job where you can learn a lot if you put time to learn. A growing company that is strict but fair. Room for advancement but it does not happen right away. A lot patience is required if you want to advance
Great work place to gain experience but not enough opportunity to advance.
Customer Service/ Ins. Representative II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
USCB has a great work environment. Great place to gain knowledge and experience. Very few opportunities to advance in the company.
Fun
Cal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2016
These people are good! However there isn't much room for growth. The job was consistent, but hard to advance with in the company. I enjoyed working with this company.
Na
MA / Patient Financial Clearance Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 11, 2016
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2016
USCB is by far the best employer I have worked for. Management was always open to feedback regarding process improvements, gave many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Every day was greeted with a smile, and positive outlook. I was able to learn administrative functions, reporting, insurance follow up, refund processing, customer service and patient financial services. The motto for the company is "work smarter, not harder". The relationships I formed within my team at USCB are irreplaceable, including with some of the management staff, I was held to high standards and thrown in many directions but they always had my back and showed their appreciation throughout my employment. I am eternally grateful for the many opportunities USCB gave me. Any one would be lucky to work in the Sacramento branch.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Great Management, Positive Work Environment
Cons
High Healthcare costs
Its a job
Medical collector (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 9, 2016
Management is no good, everyone is treated different . if managers like you they will help you if not you will be out the doors.
Pros
None .. No motivation or apprications
Cons
You have to use the restroom within 2min and be back to work
Expensive medical benefits
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2016
Medical/dental benefits are expensive and especially with dependents. Almost 30% of the income earned. It is a collections company so budget is tight and even office supplies are scarce. The building is dirty and old. Cubicles are small. They have a cleaning crew go once a week and employees are responsible for "deep cleaning" the breakroom weekly, volunteers are chosen even if you don't use the break room. The company also puts lots of pressure on employee's production numbers. Expectations are unrealistic with the lack of resources and no help from mgmt, you get reprimanded if you ask your peers a simple question. Also, there is no initial training so its a "learn as you go" environment. Mangers/ supervisors are very authoritarian and lacking people skills not approachable whatsoever. There is also serious wage gaps. Everyone's pay rate is different even though we all do the same job. Everyone working here is currently looking for other jobs. Don't work here. I've seen people quit after the first day.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Good company with awesome benefits
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 28, 2015
Performed many administrative functions as well as HR responsibilities.

Had a great rapport with all staff not limited to but including senior/corporate management as well in all 4 offices of USCB.

Mentoring and Motivating staff (office mom)
Terrible company to work!!!!
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 23, 2015
High turn over rate, no room for advancements, and they always hire outside of the company friend of a friend horrible training,no proper training and when you make a mistake then they look at you crazy, then they talk to you with no respect, no professionalism mainly one supervisor oh and of course upper management, poor excuse for a company, I hope corporate closes their Henderson office, They SUCK!! THE VP OF OPERATIONS DOES TOO!!
Pros
Free cupcakes or dounuts Hahahaha
Cons
Terrible work ethics, not professional, not friendly
Typical Work for USCB
Financial Accounts/ Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Respects the company clients, friendly colleagues and management.
Company benefits of ESOP are great benefits. Nice location
Uninformed
collections specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NevadaNovember 10, 2015
Got the job, but was misinformed by another department regarding their Training time and protocol. Not a good sign...
One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. They are a Collections agency, not NASA.
Pros
Friendly Staff.
Cons
Cubicles don't make a person happy...
Good Experience
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2015
I followed up on insurance claims and reconciled charges for each account that I worked. I learned a lot about claims. Sometimes claims would be denied and I would do appeals or call the insurance company and figure out why they were denied. I would fix the problem or take action as request by the insurance company to get the claims paid. I worked well with others and would help my co-workers as needed. I kept a positive attitude and motivated others around me. The hardest part of the job was following up on accounts with over 100 claims. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and getting the claims paid.
Pros
Free lunches and awards when the team goal was reached
Cons
Benefits were not good
Atrocious company to work for
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa RosaJune 29, 2015
Employees are treated like garbage regardless of performance. Upper management is a bunch of scandalous, negative, complete liars who have no idea who to promote and have no clue about the numbers in the offices.

They want people who will just do their job and shutup and not comment on how poorly run of an organization it is.

There is nothing to learn from these people other than exactly how not to run an organization.

They will lie to you about promotions, they are very deceitful, when you get written up they will make it sound worse than it actually is in order to create their paper trail. The company is unbelievably pennypinching as well and they will bend over backwords to keep you frem getting a raise as well as start you off at as low a salary as they possibly can.
Pros
Nothing good about this place
Cons
Negative work enviornment, liars, poorly run, VPs are a complete joke
sucks
Medical Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 14, 2015
This is the worst place to work they have management that yell at you and call you names and sexually harass people and hr has knowledge of it and it goes unnoticed and they have poor training and throw u out there and expect you to know everything. Also have favorites and they get away with hipaa violation calls should be listened to by higher ups.
Externship for a month
Externship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2013
Every morning I had to sign in to get my badge to enter into the rooms. I worked Monday-Friday for eight hours. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Most of the time, I was on my computer working such as doing correspondence, billing claims through office ally and emdeon, and data entry. Once in a while, I would be copying, scanning, filing, and faxing documents. Also, I processed mail. I enjoyed working for USCB America. Sadly, they weren't hiring at the moment.
Poor Moral No Upper Management confidence in the long term employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2014
USCB America is not loyal to its employee. The company really needs to take a look at company morale especially the Henderson office. The employee there get no positive feedback from upper Management at all.
Professional Call Center
Team Lead Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 28, 2015
Ggreat coworkers. Your schedule may be changed based off company needs. so hopefully you can be flexible. I enjoy going to work & my days go by quickly
Pros
free coffee
Cons
2 late shifts & 1 mandatory Saturday work day a month.
Co workers make it a fun place to work
Insurance Follow up rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2014
High stress job as it is production based and there is little to no room for error. The training provided is very fast paced and then your thrown into work and expected to be perfect
Pros
Co workers, it's a job
Cons
Benefits and low pay
Currently looking for better employment opportunity.....
Collections Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 27, 2014
Not a positive place to work. Low pay with no bonus structure, poor job culture, lack of effective leadership
Pros
It's a job....
Cons
Short breaks, tacky healthcare plan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USCB America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9