USD

USD Employer Reviews

Wonderful
Painter/Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee), Garden City, KSMarch 26, 2015
USD 457 is a great school district. They are a personable work environment. They offer good benefits and work training. Their management is fair and open. They offer a variety of employment opportunities.
Great job and environment
Mail Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
I've worked at USD for 3 years now, and I have nothing but praises for them. Great job, great environment, benefits are top notch, couldn't ask for more.
Challenging yet rewarding career working with children
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Liberal, KSMarch 11, 2015
Different environment every day, something new to learn all the time. Enjoyed working with special needs groups. Very challenging, yet very rewarding.
Okay place to work
Para Educator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 8, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: 9 month pay check and low hourly wages for educated paras.
This is similar to the other para job. I worked with special needs children. I helped them to function through their day. I was not too impressed with the way the district is run and how they manage the paras. Hardest part of the job is that its only 9 months of pay. Working with the kids would be the best part of the job.
Great experience
Secretary III (Current Employee), Garden City, KSJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great opportunities.
Cons: not being paid during summer times or holidays
Ive enjoyed my experience working for the school district. They pay could be better.
it's a good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Enfield, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the lunch sucks
Cons: no medical
I can not say nothing bad about this job all you do is clean and clean
Great for mothers with young children
SUBSTITUTE FOR CLASSIFIED STAFF (Current Employee), Wellsville USDJanuary 21, 2015
Working as a Para educator is rewarding and tiring. You help children every day that need, some days are a lot more hectic than others. They are not allowing subs for the majority of the classified staff this year or I would still be doing it mostly full time.
Very rewarding job
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Wamego, KSJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: daily gradification
Cons: uncertainity of future due to lack of need
Working with Special Needs Children K-4 helping them achieve their daily goals and benchmarks
Productive workplace with great people.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Hanover, KSDecember 21, 2014
Constantly something to do, keep their employees busy. Great people everybody works well together to achieve their goals.
Fun and Challenging
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: learn to drive a bus, opprotunity to be a positive in children's lives
Cons: some kids just are bad and few hrs
Pre Inspection of Bus

Drive assigned route

Pick up kids and drop them off from home and school and vise versa.

Fuel up when needed.

Management easy to work for as well great people to work with.

Hardest part is learing the routes.

Most enjoyable part are the many great kids in Manhattan.
Wonderful Experience
Para (Former Employee), Liberal, KSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: the kids i worked with
Cons: pay and hours
Great Job, loved working with the kids, just wish pay and hours would of been better.
Rural School
Vice Principal / Afterschool/FAST Program Director (Current Employee), Columbus, KSNovember 3, 2014
Highland Elementary has an awesome staff. Our main focus is helping students succeed. I have worked in this school district for 10 years. I have hit a ceiling as far as advancement, so I am looking elsewhere to move into a principal position.
Great Company to work for.
Parraprofessional/Playground Aide (Former Employee), Junction City, KSOctober 28, 2014
Helping students with their assignments and providing quick feedback to the teachers. The management was very helpful and understanding. Teachers and staff at USD 475 were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was creating network of trust with a few of our new students. The most enjoyable part of this job, was seeing each student evolve and succeed during the year.
its a bus company
Bus Driver/Custodian (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSOctober 14, 2014
they want you to work long hours but they pay very little compared to other bus companies, you dont get unemployment during breaks and nothing ever changes
Lawn maintenance to construction of new playgrounds
Maintenance worker (Former Employee), Manhattan KSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good hands on experience, excellent learning opportunities
Cons: low pay
The physical labor required was not overwhelming, but was definitely a main part of the job. Co-workers were incredible, the management was understanding and willing to be flexible, within reason.
Tech Support
Tech Support (Former Employee), Coffeyville, KSOctober 3, 2014
I worked the USD 445 school district while I was attending Field Kindley High School as a Junior and Senior for OJT, after I graduated from Field Kindley I started working for them full time. I deeply enjoyed working for them. I made good friends and got along with everyone I worked with. There wasnt a single job they asked me to do that I couldnt get done or was unwilling to learn to complete. I was put in charge of installing and fixing security cameras placed in all USD 445 building. I would every once in awhile fix and or replace desktops. In 2013 USD 445 order 1500 Ipads to deploy to the students and staff members. I took the responsibility to deploy the ipads to the students. I deeply enjoyed working for this school district.
Work experience with diverse population and classes.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility to work
Cons: no benefits like insurance
A typical day at work can be challenging because it is unpredictable knowing all the students I will work with that day. My purpose is to follow the teachers plans and make the students feel motivated to work and learn. I have learned how the curriculum works and to make teaching relevant and important for the students. Team teachers and students themselves are very helpful most of the time. The hardest part of this job is not knowing the students themselves and that they don't know me either. In contrast, the most enjoyable part of the job is when I understand the teachers plans and when I return to work with the same school or students, it makes my day less stressful.
Positive place to work
Career and Social Development Specialist (Former Employee), wichita, KsSeptember 16, 2014
Great staff and administration. Challenging work load at times but overall a great place to work.
Special Education Paraeducator
Assist instructional (Current Employee), Miltonvale, KSSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: awesome staff to work with and i loved working with the kids
Cons: did not pay enough
Assisted the students both in the classroom and in the special education room. I learned the importance of being very patient. My co-workers were a great team to work with. We had fun while we worked and made learning enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was sometimes finding ways for the children to grasp a certain concept that was difficult. I am a very outgoing, goal-oriented, and strong-willed person.
Productive and fun
Para Educator (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSSeptember 7, 2014
Had a great tie working here and being able to move up and do things on my own.

1 2 3 4