USD Employee Reviews

I love working at this school.
Library Aide (Current Employee) –  Brookville, KSApril 21, 2017
I love this school. They currently do not have any openings for next school year.
The staff are great and get along with them and respect their insights and opinions. I know they are all here to help out students. Coming to work doesn't feel like work at all.
On-site suport.
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSApril 19, 2017
Since I was the only technician supporting four schools I was required to support user, all network issues and plan computer refresh projects. I also build each computer image for each project. I enjoyed building the images and Mac server. I also supported the Mac labs in the journalism department.
Pros
Working around children.
Cons
Low wages.
Students are great, pay is horrible
Extended Learning Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Burlington, KSApril 11, 2017
As a paraprofessional, you are paid pennies and that is even with my degree. The salary scale is hard to move up and minimal. Turn over for these positions is very high. No paid holidays and only one discretionary day allowed per school year.
Great places to work
Elementary Para educator (Current Employee) –  KSApril 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for all the places that I have listed. Each place has given me an opportunity that I didn't have or wouldn't have know about beforehand.
Always a different day
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSApril 8, 2017
Its like going to school all over again. Having to relearn everything and then when your able to understand it, you have to be able to teach it to someone else.
Pros
You always meet different people, good company to work for.
Cons
not paid for breaks such as christmas and spring break.
Great Place to Work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Buhler, KSApril 6, 2017
Easy going and family oriented. Training was great and would go back again if I needed. Just hard to make a living with the hours and pay. Management is friendly and flexible with employees
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Low pay
School Nurse
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scott City, KSApril 3, 2017
Taking care of over 1000 students. Giving daily medicine, assessing sick students and balancing between three different schools. I loved the relationships I developed with the students. I am the only school nurse in the district so I was on my own. The hardest part of the job were getting the parents to follow the policies in out district for sick students.
Pros
Hours
Great Place to work. Lots of fun.
Head Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Russell, KSMarch 30, 2017
This has been a great employer. The people here are great to work with and the job is work is very organized. The pay for all positions are very competitive.
Para for USD 259
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 28, 2017
working for the Wichita school district was very rewarding for me. The staff that I worked with were helpful and very nurturing throughout my time in the district.
different schools, some awesome some not
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 13, 2017
usd 259 has many different schools, some schools are great to sub at others are not, subbing is a nice flexible job, i would recommend it, no health insurance or benefits for sub.
Interacting with students
PARA EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 7, 2017
Had to feed or assist those in need to be fed, also, made copies to enlarge materials for certain students that was unable to view small prints. Be the advocate for the Students I was in charge of was the most rewarding part of the job. I learned so much from them by just talking the time to know there needs and wants. Hard part was to see them graduate and move on .
Pros
Got to eat with the students
Cons
Teachers do not take the time to know the student first before making judgements
Amazing Company (TIS)
TIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 22, 2017
Veteran supervisor.

Normal day consists of computer repair and general help-desk responsibilities.

Management is best part of this job. Supervisor always has your back. Amazing with military.
Wellington USD High School
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSFebruary 8, 2017
I would attend classes with the high school children and help them when they needed assistance reading and taking tests. This was a very easy job and was a bit challenging when you faced to learning the same things that the children were learning. i.e. spanish. I enjoyed english, and history the most.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the children and knowing that the teachers were doing their best..
Cons
Some children didn't want to do anything and would blame you for their failures.
Great school district
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 8, 2017
Great school district with great results. Offers a broad scope of services for it's students, is well organized, and makes a great community
This district is very concerned on staying current in regard to curriculum and technology. All students are treated with respect.
Elementary Principal (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSJanuary 27, 2017
Student progress and staff development are both priorities in this district. Staff development in-services are held frequently to assist all certified and non-certified employees improve their skills. Providing for student's educational needs, as well as emotional and physical needs are important to the employees of this district.District and building administration provide opportunities for parent and patron feedback frequently.Parent focused events are held throughout the school year.
Pros
Facilities, instructors, administrators, programs for special needs and students of poverty.
Cons
Dealing with continued limited budgets from the state level, which forces reduced personnel.
Substitute teaching
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Sometimes substitute teaching is difficult, depending on whether or not the regular teacher left good lesson plans. I did like the hours. I needed my summers free to help in our family owned business---Farmers Aviation, Inc. Sometimes the students were hard to deal with as well. I actually had a preschooler try to slap me.
Pros
Liked the hours and having my summers off.
Cons
Lack of lesson plans from teachers.
Educational experience and fun
Para educator (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 13, 2017
CKMHC was an honor to work for. The environment and staff was uplifting and supportive. My job was actually fun! Spending time with the clients one on one was just as rewarding as earning a surprise bonus. I looked forward to going to work each day. Supervisors were insightful and caring. Even stressful situations were handled with a calming effect.
Opportunities to learn & grow. Workers recognized for effort.
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Larned, KSJanuary 9, 2017
Workers are put together in teams to offer an educational experience that benefits each individual student. It is not a cookie cutter position, para-educators are given the opportunity to try many different teaching styles to make the best fit for learning. The school provided opportunities to educate workers thru online classes, workshops & I received the chance to go back to college. The best part of the job was seeing a student come alive when they understand.
Pros
Learning & growing along with the students.
Cons
I don't think I have any.
A wonderful place to work
Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 9, 2017
USD 259 is an invigorating and exciting place to work. Each day, I get the opportunity to help bring education into students' lives.
Great place to work and be around young minds.
Destinations Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSDecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed being around the children and watching them learn. I learned to be more patient and that most of the time the kids just need someone to listen. The principle juggled two schools so her being gone a lot was a downfall, in my opinion. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job is understanding that just because I think something is wrong doesn't mean I should say anything. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students.
Pros
Being around the students and watching them learn
Cons
Watching how others treated certain students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2