USD Employee Reviews in United States

Helpful if not having to continually reenter basic information.
Business Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peabody, KSApril 3, 2016
I enjoy recruitment, coordinating resources, program implementation. I like to work 8-5 and not always bring work home. I am flexible but like to stick to 40 hours per week. I have coordinated diversity awareness programs, worked in community relations. Hard for me is when people are not honest, or reliable. I like meeting new people.
Pros
Schedule is nice
Cons
Long summers and expenses for continuing education.
proud to be a part of USD 428. I'll forever be a Great Bend Panther
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSFebruary 9, 2016
I started at USD 428 as a para in the ED, specifically the BD room at Eisenhower School, in 8-2005. I absolutely loved working with these kiddos and in the summer got to work in the other classrooms of special needs children. I opted to leave the classroom for the para/bus driver position in the transportation department only because it was a full time position with overtime possibilities. I loved this job because I got to work with not only elementary kids but also preschoolers all the way to high schoolers. It was stressful as a driver knowing you were responsible for so many people. I liked my coworkers and mingling with the other teachers and paras in the school district.
Conflicted
MS/HS Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colony, KSApril 28, 2016
The students, staff, & faculty are terrific here; sadly, current administration is not. There is also good community support; unfortunately, the current school board does not heed the wishes of the community.
Pros
Small class sizes; wonderful colleagues
Cons
6 preps/day; little to no administrative support
Supportive management
Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 7, 2015
Typical day at work is data entry and taking care of children. I have learned how to have a little more time management. I love my Director and I will miss working with her. Co-workers are like family, Hardest part of the job is when the kids graduate. Most enjoyable part is helping the families.
Pros
Day time schedule no weekends
Cons
No pay during the summer
N/a
USD R.E.A.D. Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2016
Log in online, read passages and reports from teachers. Give feedback and resources and assign the grade.
I enjoy interacting with teachers from all over the country and help them find their niche in technology integration.
Teacher's Dream Come True
K-5 Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSMay 2, 2016
Teaching is a gift. The gift of teaching what you know to students, and seeing their face light up when they have that ah-ha moment-and you know they understand.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Long hours, lots of standing, stress
good job for work and family life
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2016
Room for advancement and great career if you have a family. If you work hard independently and in a team setting a love children and working with families in the community, this is the job for you.
Pros
family work/balance
Cons
cliquey
I have a great time working here
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Great Bend, KSJanuary 8, 2016
As a substitute there is never a day that is the same. The office staff you deal with is wonderful and other teachers are very helpful. I think the hardest part of the day is figuring out which daily schedule the entire school is on.
Usd 259
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 19, 2016
Pleasant employees. Good union representative. Not happy with budget cuts. No benefits. Lack of hours. Decent hours. Flexible with schedule. Offer help with certification.
Pros
Field Trips
Cons
Healthcare
I love working with young children. Working for USD 305 gave me the opportunity to enrich children's lives.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSOctober 21, 2015
Fun place to work with a supportive team of administrators. My love for children made my job feel like home. I thoroughly enjoy watching the children make progress; some more than others ~ but every step in the right direction is what we need for the child to succeed. My co-workers are like family. We work together to create the best learning environment for each student. The hardest part of my job is working with children that exhibit severe behavioral issues. We can't always make a difference in this area and it's frustrating. The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch the children "get it"! The light comes on and they get excited to work.
Pros
Good benefits, working with children
Cons
No breaks with a scheduled short lunch, pay

Want to know more about USD?

Ask a question
learning something new everyday
Performance Evaluation Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSNovember 21, 2015
I enjoy position that allows me to use my skill set. problem solving,working and interacting with others.planning and coordinating with ministration on activities an events.
Pros
traveling to new cities
Cons
not acknowledging employee personal sacifice
Enjoy working with students
Para Educator-Special Ed (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work, students are what makes the days fun. Staff is not fully focused on students success at times. I enjoyed the time with students of all abilities and disabilities and learned from all of them.
Pros
meeting and working with students
Cons
few breaks, staff not focused on students needs
Well-maintained and happy workplace.
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 1, 2015
Working as a head lifeguard at a pool I had a multitude of responsibilities, but at the end of the day those responsibilities were definitely worth it. A typical day at work for me would open up the pool, then talk to the lifeguards and make sure they are prepared for the day. Once the day was started I had to maintain a safe workplace for all employees as well as keep a fun and safe pool and pool are for all patrons. Managers of the pool would of course help me maintain the pool but as a head lifeguard I was there continuously throughout the day as the mangers were not because their job entitles that they take care of the whole park instead of just the pool. My co-workers were mostly new to the job but after trial and error I made sure they were exceptional lifeguards and well fit to lifeguard our community.
Pros
Leadership skills, daily exercise, and great working experience.
customer service in a school environment
Head Secretary (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSSeptember 15, 2015
School setting where I worked with students and adults. Was the front person to the building, providing customer service to all. The basic duties of a secretary with limitations from the principal. Loved talking with the students and parents and getting to know everyone working in the building. Covered all accounting issues, payroll, and enrollment.
Pros
the interaction with the staff and students
Cons
cattiness
School bus transport to school and activities
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, KSJanuary 10, 2016
pre-tip and document results every day at start, complete route and bus transfer. Come back for Midday and PM routes as needed.
Pros
Lots of country driving
educational
Para-educator (Current Employee) –  Clay Center, KSMarch 25, 2016
good cooperative to work for, they provide the proper training that you need.
educational
good benefits
enjoy working with the people
Quality Work Environment
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSMay 4, 2016
An average school district. Lots of professional development. Great teachers to work around. Management was average.
Fuun place to work.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
Fun energetic workday. Nice friendly people to work with. The management is great to work for, however the ownership is horrible.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay/advancement
productive & hard working
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2015
my experience in working USD is something unique and I have learned many things and I learned to play this work with courage and a challenge for me because it is Otra branch of work to me, and I like to give my esfuerzo and umemployment
This was a very fulfilling job.
Educational Aide (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 23, 2015
This was an awesome position to have, it was fulfilling and exciting to help the class instructor assist women in obtaining basic office support skills, and obtain their Microsoft Applications certifications.