USF Holland

USF Holland Employer Reviews

No nonsense work place that allowed a steady learning curve
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 21, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers, very safety oriented personnel
Cons: open to the weather, not everything was able to be moved with a forklift
Took me on with little forklift experience. VERY safety conscious environment. Dealing with an open dock in cold weather was the most difficult part of the job.
Normal Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJune 16, 2014
general labor packing in shipping products to different locations in warehouse material handler the employees were good in the environment was to. The magement was great they made sure the workers was safe at work.
Very good company to work for, great job for any enthusiastic truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Three Forks, MTJune 3, 2014
Pros: consistent working conditions that were favorable most of the time
Cons: some long hours and tight schedules for completion
This is a job that can be considered a career. They had good pay and benefits and alway seemed professional, top notch.
good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 6, 2014
ok company to work for got good experience good people to work with.
Fun and friendly
Dock worker (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORApril 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, day shift
Cons: leaving
I had a blast working for A.E.D. Made a lot of friends and learned so much. I started stocking shelves and ended as a supervisor. I learned all about shipping and receiving and how to operate a forklift. There wasn't anything hard about it. The most enjoyable part was lunch time playing on the Foosball table with friends.
Wonderful Learning Experience
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Dealing with purchases, customers (internal and external), deal with whatever is needed for the day. Only challenge is when other management does not understand some of the procedures in obtaining information or tools for work to be done. I love a challenge and look for one every day.
Talking sports on break with co-workers
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: half hr lunch
Cons: finishing up in six hrs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch break.Learn to work at a normal pace helps eliminate timely errors.
High pace, shipping & receiving location.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: never boring, steady work.
Cons: insufficient freight stability led to several accidents, and low supervision led to risky employee behavior - sometimes a dangerous environment.
A day at Reddaway involved a frantic pace of forklift operation, loading and unloading trailers of freight bound for numerous locations on the west coast. I learned how to recognize geographical locations and prioritize shipping orders to utilize time efficiently and optimize production. Management was fair, knowledgable, and helpful. Co-workers were – more... willing to help and courteous. The hardest part of the job was the pace. Mistakes are made when forced to move that fast. (15-20mph on a forklift - several forklifts - on a dock full of freight) The most enjoyable part of the job was completing shipments on time. – less
Union runs the docks, Not the management
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee), Edwardsville, IlJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: The Union at St Louis is so strong that alot of weak links remain at the company. Management cannot fire anyone.

Pros: The Pay is not bad. Medical benefits are really good.
Nothing to bragg about.
Combination Driver-Dock Worker (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Just work long shifts 12 hrs. Old trucks to drive worn out trailers.
Rewarding job that provided me with lots of experience
Office Manager/Customer Service and OS&D (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: wonderful group of employees to work with
Cons: the company closed
Typical day at work would be arriving linehaul drivers and their freight, dispatching day drivers, payroll, OS&D, and all other duties required of and office manager. I worked with a great group of guys and my manager was one of the greatest managers I have ever had.
Shipping Career
Inbound Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Holland, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
Great people working at the Lexington terminal. Great learning experience in a real high paced high intensity environment.
Fast pace workplace with great co-workers
Call Center Technician/Management (Current Employee), Holland, MichiganJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: holidays, benefits, good co-workers, weekends off, job security
Cons: never seeing the results of your completed work
Starts with checking status of units that are in maintenance and how repairs are proceeding. Communicating this information to the necessary people so that they can make plans accordingly for freight deliveries. Making sure equipment is fixed in a timely manner, safely and the quality of work adheres to company standards. Processing of paperwork so – more... that repairs noted match work orders and labor / parts pricing are in order. Discussing with co-workers current trends we see happening with our equipment, issues we are facing and seeing what others might do in these cases. One of the hardest parts of the job is time management with all that is required. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships that I have developed over the years and knowledge that I have gained along with it. – less
Weight & Inspection Supervisor (Current Employee), Birch Run, MIJanuary 10, 2014
Many nice people that work with me. Always willing to help out.
good place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2013
I liked this job as I did 25 yrs over the road and I enjoyed working with the drivers who were delivering the freight. I fit in as I understood what freight went where and what trailer and could read bill of ladings.
They are a very good company
Driver (Former Employee), Carlisle, PANovember 28, 2013
I really liked working for them they treated you like you where part of the family.
Be a "team" player
Professional Labor Force Babysitter (Former Employee), The Western HemisphereNovember 25, 2013
Pros: i got a free lanyard.
Cons: i had to return the lanyard.
Future Ops Supervisor...

You will be great at this job if...

-You can accept your title, but know that the labor force runs the show.
-You turn a blind eye to corporate policies that the dock workers are in violation of, just annotate it on your safety sheet. Its a "grey area thing, they are working hard, don't slow them down and demotivate them by – more... reminding them to wear their seat belt while operating a forklift."
-You like to cover as little as three miles on foot each day and sometimes much more.
-You can put in 10+ hours Monday through Friday with flat rate compensation.
-You can accept the roles and responsibilities and know that the labor force makes much more compensation while accepting almost zero responsibility.
-You do not hold the labor force accountable. Your job will be easier, more pleasant, less stressful, and your car won't get keyed in the parking lot if you just allow the labor force to do what they feel like doing.
AND...
-You can make freight weigh more. – less
**Do not work part time!** No Union support for part time workers
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Dayton OHNovember 19, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: equipment, union
Hours are ok for part time people but there is absolutely no support from union for part time workers. You pay dues every month and get nothing in return. Pay has been decreased du to the company not doing well and the equipment is old and not safe.

**Not a great place to work.**
Good job not a career
dockworker/ forklift operator (Former Employee), Romulus, MINovember 6, 2013
Pros: drive a forklift and not have to carry anything for the most part
Cons: the dock gets cold during the winter if its cold outside take 10 degrees more off in the dock
Working on the dock has its pros and cons but overall good staff, fast paced job environment, HAZMAT safety always.
Good work if it's there.
Dock Worker/Fork Truck Operator (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good place to work!
Cons: inconstant hours. on a call-in basis and it's slow.
Have no issues with working there just need to find a more stable second job.

1 2 3 4