USF Holland Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the customer service I did there.
Customer Service/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 23, 2017
It was ok to work there. Management seem to bully other employees. They dont take time for you.-------------------------------------------------------
Pros
Busy
short
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJune 6, 2017
I liked this company, but just could not travel anymore. I would recommend this job, good pay and great benefits. You can defiantly do some great things with this company.
As many LTL carriers you couldn't work fast enough for them!
Class A Semi-Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2017
Equipment was in terrible condition and either didn't have the funds to maintain it or just didn't care. I will be surprised if they are still in business in 10 years. I understand, USF Holland was a great company to work for, before YRC bought them. They will probably run them into the ground.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, equipment, maintenance
Working at USF Tampa
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
My review constitutes of excellence . My motto is "work smarter not harder". with my team I have the minimum work orders , i manage a team of 45 employees and they are trained and usually eager to do a job well done.
Pros
bust employee morale
Cons
distance and night work
desent place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 10, 2017
this was a descent company and they tried but if you was low on seniority it was bad . the hotels they put you in were not the best. they wer very fair on paying you for your time
A hard company to work for
associate (Current Employee) –  coluimbia, scMay 2, 2017
Not given what is needed to be successful, difficult to get things properly done due to a union environment that runs the company and not those hired to run it. Poor equipment to work with and their technology is decades behind others in the industry.
Just what I do.
AM Lead / Dock Forman (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 30, 2017
Using company software, check all inbound trailers in system for the Pasco Terminal. Schedule and route all inbound freight for ten drivers and local quick deliveries. Receive all inbound paperwork from Line haul drivers, add the delivery receipts to the paperwork and turn them over to dock worker so that they can remove the freight from inbound trailers. Using all paperwork, check all outbound trailer to a sure the right freight is loaded on the right route. Dispatch drivers as needed.

This position is the second in charge of the terminal. Do just about everything in the work past except manage the terminal.
Pros
adds to my experiance to become a manager some day
Cons
do not like the pay for this position, do more then being paid for.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 27, 2017
I was hired as a temp. The hours were manageable and co-workers were friendly and helpful to everyone. Management was great and flexible with needs.
Pros
flexible
Not what they use to be
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 25, 2017
Because of the pay concessions, moral was low. Was at one time a top notch company and you had to be the best of the best to get in. Strong union company. I would go back if I had the opportunity
Pros
Union job
Cons
lower pay than other LTL companies
Very fast paced environment and opportunities to grow
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIApril 25, 2017
A typical day is usually starting with a pre shift meeting with each shift and communicating safety standards, how much work is left, or if a load is ready for certain drivers already. I have learned in the past year outbound and inbound operations along with minimal dispatching. Everyone strives to do their best each and every day in satisfying customer needs and getting the job done efficiently. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable would be the ever growing expectations. There is always room for improvement. Even if we make our goals, we always look for something we could have improved on. It has taught me to always look and strive for success.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Long distance from home
Fast paced transportation evniroment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILApril 21, 2017
Make a minimum of eight face to face calls on existing and potential customers. Take care of customer issues. A lot of windshield time. Hardest part of the job is not getting the operational support needed to hold onto accounts that are profitable.
Pros
Great manager that cares about his employees
Cons
Lack of operational support.
Not Organized
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2017
This company was a transportation company that had outdated equipment. The management was not organized or up to date on technology. This company went out of business 6 months after I left.
Pros
Great pay and beneifits
Cons
Not up to date on technology.
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 20, 2017
I would load and unload trucks it was a good place to work the people were really nice and I was able to learn alot.The manger was a really nice guy he reall help me alot and the other people there were also really helpful.
N/a
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
Is okay company. Need to be more organized, in most part everybody is work well together. Benefits is good on the health Care. But there are a Teamster company.
Great place to work part time
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 9, 2017
I really enjoyed working here but I worked in the office part time. I've heard from others who worked there that it was overwhelming during the day and I worked in the evening. There are a lot of downsides I think to working here full time but part time is perfect. The people are kind and the pay is good.
if your single with no family this is the place to work
linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 20, 2017
your a slave at holland good money good benefits but the hours you work are not hours for a family man. city guys start anywhere between 1100 and 1400. line haul leave monday and dont come back until sunday
Pros
paid benefits
Cons
no life
Great local facility for regional transportation carrier.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
While facility was newer and equipment very well maintained, I found the management to be less than responsive to employee concerns about terminal operational needs when it came to staffing and compliance with company procedures.
i enjoyed using my experience and knowledge to deal with everyday situations as well as responding to customers needs and concerns within company guidelines.
Pros
Location, corporate culture
Cons
Lack of professional conduct at times from supervision, Little or no loyalty or reward for outstanding performance of employees, Due to payroll structure, Lack of experience in drivers and dock personnel led to high turn over
good job poor equipment
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 14, 2017
Equipment is junk...just wish they would get better tractors and the union is a joke 1st union job and they just take your money and represent nothing it's a joke 1st and last union job for me...
good place to work
Dock/driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2017
overall a good place !
Freight Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
learned a lot of really good things working there and the management is very supportive on all there workers advancement is very good there to have a career..
Pros
detail to unloading trucks
Cons
the stress u get when something go wrong..