USHA Employee Reviews

Fun place, need to be driven
Agent (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PADecember 1, 2017
You can make alot of money but need to put the work in. Most people with negative reviews did not invest in themselves. You are given the tools and power to be your own boss and grow wealth.
Nice to work from home but stressful to get a sale.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 22, 2017
If they paid you a starting salary for a year until you get the experience that would take part of the stress off. Seasoned people didn't care, they just wanted you to produce so they could make money. I invested all my savings to get started and I am behind the 8-ball. I wish I never took this position.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No base salary commission only
Pyramid structure designed to benefit a few rather than all employees.
Licensed Health/ Life/ Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2017
High pressure sales company, no job security, production had to be weekly to survive, almost everyone I went through training with had no choice but to quit because it was 100% commission and not easy to earn enough money to get through the learning curb. Also, the managers do not care that new people were having to constantly be hired because they made money off our sales, a pyramid structure.
4commission based
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
very high pressure job
Commission Only
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2017
You pay a lot to get licensed and get NO help in learning how to close the deal for health insurance. Unless you have another source of income stay away.
Love what I do
Sales (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 6, 2017
Bottom to top amazing leadership. Great potential for income and residuals. Work on your own schedule and get paid as much as you are worth. Its not easy, but extremely worth it.
Do not start out here!!
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 3, 2017
The only reason for anyone to start their insurance career here is if they are young and/or still living at home with no bills, or if you are a highly seasoned vet with at least 3 full months of expense money to be ready. The commissions are high, but underwriting is stringent and therefore the "target prospect" scope is extremely narrow. Narrow to the point of needing at least a 3 month cushion to ride on; IF the initial time of "getting up and running" can be gotten through, then it is an amazing team to work with.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
EXTREMELY narrow market - needle in a haystack
Toxic atmosphere
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
Poor management never kept promises of free A leads lots of cold calling and wasted time on petty office politics. Leadership in Chicago was rated the lowest in the company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lots of cold calling dead leads
overworked
Advisor (Current Employee) –  tampa flOctober 23, 2017
80 hour work weeks plus 10 hours of driving a day is not worth any sum of money. The are some very immature people in the office. Although this place has unlimited potential is just very clicked up!
Unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Deceptive in hiring process, training manager was cut throat and not willing to go that extra mile to help new employees. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Stressful
Health and Life Insurance Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 3, 2017
Stressful job, because of the cold calling. Otherwise, you need to purchase your own leads. My manager was very good and fun to work for. If you are aggressive in sales over the phone, you might do well.
Pros
Some free lunches
Telephone sales solication
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Sold healthcare program over the phone. Shot gun approach and until you are licensed in multiple states your income is severely limited. Turnover is high
All promises were kept.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 23, 2017
All of the promises made to me during the recruiting were kept. Solid support system in place, positive culture, and friendly team to work with, they are family oriented.
Pros
In house live training.
Cons
Long hours.
No thank you
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It was just the most awful thing I've ever done. I don't want to type the requisite amount of characters so while you can technically make me i refuse to give you anything of quality.
No longer wanted to do insurance
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Was only in the insurance business for a short time. Decided to put more time into real estate. Did not see the advancement I thought I might-takes too log to build a book of business.
Lead Fail
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2017
I was told I would be given leads that were valuable & worthy, however unless I had tons of money to dump into the system I only received 2ndhand leads.
Enjoyable Competative Sales
Advisor/Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Speak to a lot of people calling, texting, or emailing. Hopefully you will speak with someone who is looking for insurance and you are able to make a sale.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Time Consuming
Very stressful on bad days
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Go through stretches where no one is interested in the product. the people are very great and willing to assist you to help get you started. It is solely commissioned based and can be very stressful when you go through days with no pay.
Productive and fun work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 30, 2017
I love working for the company, management is great and there to help whenever you need it, no question to small and they take as much time withbyou as you need.
Great and Caring Company
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 12, 2017
USHA is a wonderful company who truly care about people. There slogan is HOPE, which stands for Helping Other People Everyday. Wonderful managers who help and want to see successful employees.
Pros
Alot of money can be made, if you work hard and put your time in it.
Cons
Commission Only
Fun people
Independent Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 9, 2017
Fun people to be around. But hard to make the sales by making cold calls. We have daily conference calls to keep updated and keep you motivated so that is not a problem, but the sale is hard to make.