USI Affinity Employee Reviews

Lots of promise
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits, decent company to start with
Cons: lack of advancement, lack of compensation, lack of leadership
It's a growing company that is on the verge of tapping into some great potential. There is an ongoing struggle with change and ensuring the entire team is on the same page. Growth through acquisition (company model) means there is a forever influx of new systems, personnel, and ideas with little synergy to accomplish the task at hand.

Advancement and additional compensation are difficult to come by due to the company growth model despite profitable performances turned in on many large accounts.

The work/life balance is on average for the insurance world. They push hard on sales and simple net new business to help recover after each acquisition. That drive and additional stress of playing "catch up" with new personnel has driven a lot of talent away.
Account Executive
Account Executive--Specialty Markets (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 7, 2013
Responsible for retention and placing new lines of business in various states of clients whose coverage does not fit the "program" carrier. Very busy all the time, not enough support staff.
Great Time
SUPPORT (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay and management
I had great time working for USI out of the Philadelphia Office man what a time. However, just like any other corporate company things went down the hill after a few years management was horrible and ethics was very bad I mean you had a son and his mother working at the same department! come on.
Small family environment
Premium Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: a little far to drive
My typical day at work is very easy going and fun. My manager was very nice, she lets me come to work anytime I want just as long as I worked my 8 hours shift. I came in and started my daily duties as cash receivables & payables by processing checks. My co-workers are very friendly. they willing to help out if I needed them. We all worked as a team to complete our tasks and meet our deadlines.
Great place to work! Very structured and rewarding.
Carrier Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Bethel Park, PAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: you felt appreciated.
When I worked there I had so much fun. Very employee oriented.
Satisfactory company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MatawanFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: great location, friendly people
Cons: misinformation about hiring, turnover rampant
I enjoyed my time there as a temp employee. However, I was working full time (40hrs) and still considered a temp, therefore, no benefits. I was told that I would definitely be hired full time after working six months there. Well, nothing was done about full time work, so after six months I approached my manager and was then informed that there was "no room in the budget" for me.