USI Affinity Employee Reviews

Focused organization with solid affinity relationships
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJAugust 28, 2015
Strategic targeting of attorney prospects for employee benefit solutions. My role is to prospect for these clients and develop employee benefit plans that improve employee experience while trying to reduce cost for the sponsoring firm.

Good work environment and a solid industry position in the legal services community for their Professional Liability product line but more of a startup in employee benefits for this Affinity division. An improvement in the marketing effort for Benefits is needed.

Management is excellent and supportive while allowing me to be autonomous as a professional.
Pros
Autonomy, reputation
Cons
Lack of marketing strategy
Lots of promise
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
It's a growing company that is on the verge of tapping into some great potential. There is an ongoing struggle with change and ensuring the entire team is on the same page. Growth through acquisition (company model) means there is a forever influx of new systems, personnel, and ideas with little synergy to accomplish the task at hand.

Advancement and additional compensation are difficult to come by due to the company growth model despite profitable performances turned in on many large accounts.

The work/life balance is on average for the insurance world. They push hard on sales and simple net new business to help recover after each acquisition. That drive and additional stress of playing "catch up" with new personnel has driven a lot of talent away.
Pros
Good benefits, decent company to start with
Cons
lack of advancement, lack of compensation, lack of leadership
Satisfactory company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  MatawanFebruary 15, 2012
I enjoyed my time there as a temp employee. However, I was working full time (40hrs) and still considered a temp, therefore, no benefits. I was told that I would definitely be hired full time after working six months there. Well, nothing was done about full time work, so after six months I approached my manager and was then informed that there was "no room in the budget" for me.
Pros
great location, friendly people
Cons
misinformation about hiring, turnover rampant
Supportive management, fun work place, great co-workers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJOctober 27, 2015
Working at USI Affinity/Bertholon Rowland Corp was a great learning experience for me. The management teams from all departments worked together to create a family atmosphere in getting the job done. Working with my co-workers was a great pleasure for me each day because I had fun & enjoyed the work and learned something from each department.
Great Time
SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2012
I had great time working for USI out of the Philadelphia Office man what a time. However, just like any other corporate company things went down the hill after a few years management was horrible and ethics was very bad I mean you had a son and his mother working at the same department! come on.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay and management
Small family environment
Premium Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2012
My typical day at work is very easy going and fun. My manager was very nice, she lets me come to work anytime I want just as long as I worked my 8 hours shift. I came in and started my daily duties as cash receivables & payables by processing checks. My co-workers are very friendly. they willing to help out if I needed them. We all worked as a team to complete our tasks and meet our deadlines.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
a little far to drive
Account Executive
Account Executive--Specialty Markets (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 7, 2013
Responsible for retention and placing new lines of business in various states of clients whose coverage does not fit the "program" carrier. Very busy all the time, not enough support staff.
Great place to work! Very structured and rewarding.
Carrier Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAMarch 20, 2012
When I worked there I had so much fun. Very employee oriented.
Pros
you felt appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USI Affinity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3