USI Insurance Services Employee Reviews in United States

not the best ee benefits firm
Broker/Account Manager Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJanuary 10, 2016
Organization seemed chaotic. High employee turnover. Not well organized. Not proper process for storing employer files and important benefits data. No support from senior management.
Overall
Benefit Specialist / Sales (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 7, 2015
I do not enjoy the hours of available schedules.
Co workers are friendly. No raises ever. Only select few will be considered for promotions.
Pros
Benefits, good pay for seasoned sales reps
Cons
work/life balance schedules are horrible
Co-workers make the job worthwhile....
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 21, 2014
The work is very demanding but I love making my clients happy so it balances out. There are not many opportunities for advancement, but with my career path I was able to move up several times. That is not the case for everyone. You are stuck at your desk for most of the day and it's not a very family friendly environment. If your lifestyle allows and you can work your shift and then go home and work some more then this is the place for you. We do have flex time; i.e, not everyone has to come in at 8am and leave at 5pm. You can come in at 7am and leave at 4 or 9am to 5:30. Huge work perk. Also, there is a big focus on fitness, so we have walking, workout and running groups which is nice
Pros
focus on fitness, vacation, coworkers
Cons
compensation
If your a workaholic this jobs for you
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 21, 2012
They expect you to work more than what you are scheduled. They give some people way more work than a single person can handle and others next to nothing. Most of the employees are snobs. They DO NOT give raises. Their idea of a raise is promoting you to a different job position but only after you have been there a year. You only get a total of 18 PTO days (that's vacation & sick leave).
Pros
1 hour lunch; lunchroom provides free water, coffee, tea, ice.
Cons
no breaks, no raises
good
Medical Insurance Field Counselor (Current Employee) –  new jerseyDecember 8, 2014
very good, nice people, fair salary. good day at work, learned a lot, management are nice people, co-workers are nice, the hardest part of the job is working a 12 hour day,the most enjoyable is working just across from the cafeteria.
Loved my co workers. Nice working enviorment
personal lines producer (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHSeptember 29, 2014
Was a good job and friendly co workers. Learned different computer systems. Had training seminars. Hardest part of the job was the call loop as I feel you could not give enough time to the clients. The enjoyable part of the job is when you have a happy client and met their needs.
Pros
benefits, celebrations, holidays
Cons
call loop job insecurtity
Red Flags with management
Vice President - Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 23, 2015
Very controlling, system driven company modeled for young producers without experience. Sort of like sales kindergarten. Is being ficed up to be closed or sold, cant compete with MMA.
Cons
top down management approach, outdated systems and management by fear within management.
Look else where
Staff Accountant Direct Bill (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2014
Horrible pay. No raises. the only way you make more money is to hope a promotion opens up. they supposidly promote from within however 9 times out of 10 the promotion will go to new hires.
Great place, bad management
Mailroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2015
There was a lot of things thrown at myself and other employees that we should not have been involved in at all. Everything was about who you sucked up to, and how well you could play the game. Management was hard to get a hold of for work related issues, and meetings were constantly cancelled. However, if there was a gossiping issue about management there would be an emergency meeting pulled. The people are great at USI, but there are serious issues that need to be handled at the management level.
Pros
Fun events
West Springfield Office
Account Manager, Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 6, 2014
The West Springfield employee benefits team is a collaborative office and really works as team. No comment on upper managements leadership.
Productive but un organized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working there, but I was training to get my Property and Casualty Insurance License and there was no follow up and then my department downsized and 12 positions were laid off.
What I learned
National Employee Benefits Trainer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 27, 2015
I learned what I want to do and what I don't want to do. It was a great learning experience for me.

USI is a growing company with a lot of growing pains. It is working them out as fast as they can, but are acquiring business as fast as they can.
My Account Management Role
Large and Small Group Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 3, 2015
On a daily basis I manage a block of business which involves communicating, explaining and assisting with various benefit questions, enrollments, claims and industry trends. My day consists of timely customer service as well as the ability to communicate in a written format. I also project manage a clients renewal from the point of marketing through implementation.
Small Commercial Agent & later transferred to Personal Lines .
Personal Lines Agent (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 8, 2015
I started with USI in September 2002 in the Commercial Dept working with small commercial policies. I was asked to transfer to the Personal Lines Dept when the agent in the deparrtment wanted to work part-time. My agency was purchased by Brown & Brown in December 2004.
1 hour lunch
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Working for USI was a terrible move on my behalf. I left my previous employer for more money, and in hopes for career advancement. USI and I was not a good fit. I enjoy insurance and helping my clients become whole after a loss. The best part about insurance is that I'm busy all day long helping the people who pay for my service.
No job security
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
I was hired in December of 2008 and in Feburary of 2009 I was let go because they didn't have enough money in the budget for my position. I honestly don't have anything positive to say about this company because they do not provide employees with job security.
Pros
every friday you worked until 1:30pm
Cons
no job security
enjoyable co-workers
Account Executive Assist/Customer Service Rep LPL (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJNovember 17, 2014
Working at USI was enjoyable. A typical day at work was calling insures about there up coming renewals. Making sure to answer all questions that the insured had about there renewal. Completing Certificates of Insurance, assisting with the Acct Exes, answering in coming calls within 30 seconds, forwarding calls to the proper parties, doing endorsements in a timely manner.
Normally a great place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, Va 23510November 29, 2011
Upper Management are a great group of professional people!
The Staff are really good people to work around,
The work load is incredable do to constant take overs.
I would recomend this as one of the better places to work in this area.
Pros
good parking, coffee, all around good atmosphere
Cons
new young supervisors with little experiance
Smart, professional and approachable human resource team.
Human Resource Consultant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Smart, professional and approachable human resource team. They are dedicated to their groups and helping new team members learn and succeed. Corporate employees tend to stay for a while. It's not a rotating door culture. I had a great experience there.
Great place to work.
Support Staff Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 19, 2012
USI Insurance Services was a great place to work. It was located in a small office so there were not many employees. Everyone worked together and made it a peaceful place to work. I was support staff so I handled the incoming and outgoing mail, made the daily orders of office supplies, and maintained the office equipment. I would also stand in for the front desk secretary to relieve for breaks where I operated the switchboard and filtered calls.
Pros
peaceful work environment, great people to work with
Cons
low pay

2.1