USI Insurance Services

USI Insurance Services Employer Reviews

Look else where
Staff Accountant Direct Bill (Current Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2014
Horrible pay. No raises. the only way you make more money is to hope a promotion opens up. they supposidly promote from within however 9 times out of 10 the promotion will go to new hires.
enjoyable co-workers
Account Executive Assist/Customer Service Rep LPL (Former Employee), Matawan, NJNovember 17, 2014
Working at USI was enjoyable. A typical day at work was calling insures about there up coming renewals. Making sure to answer all questions that the insured had about there renewal. Completing Certificates of Insurance, assisting with the Acct Exes, answering in coming calls within 30 seconds, forwarding calls to the proper parties, doing endorsements – more... in a timely manner. – less
Smart, professional and approachable human resource team.
Human Resource Consultant (Part Time) (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Smart, professional and approachable human resource team. They are dedicated to their groups and helping new team members learn and succeed. Corporate employees tend to stay for a while. It's not a rotating door culture. I had a great experience there.
Loved my co workers. Nice working enviorment
personal lines producer (Former Employee), North Conway, NHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, celebrations, holidays
Cons: call loop job insecurtity
Was a good job and friendly co workers. Learned different computer systems. Had training seminars. Hardest part of the job was the call loop as I feel you could not give enough time to the clients. The enjoyable part of the job is when you have a happy client and met their needs.
Co-workers make the job worthwhile....
Client Manager (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: focus on fitness, vacation, coworkers
Cons: compensation
The work is very demanding but I love making my clients happy so it balances out. There are not many opportunities for advancement, but with my career path I was able to move up several times. That is not the case for everyone. You are stuck at your desk for most of the day and it's not a very family friendly environment. If your lifestyle allows and – more... you can work your shift and then go home and work some more then this is the place for you. We do have flex time; i.e, not everyone has to come in at 8am and leave at 5pm. You can come in at 7am and leave at 4 or 9am to 5:30. Huge work perk. Also, there is a big focus on fitness, so we have walking, workout and running groups which is nice – less
1 hour lunch
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Working for USI was a terrible move on my behalf. I left my previous employer for more money, and in hopes for career advancement. USI and I was not a good fit. I enjoy insurance and helping my clients become whole after a loss. The best part about insurance is that I'm busy all day long helping the people who pay for my service.
No job security
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: every friday you worked until 1:30pm
Cons: no job security
I was hired in December of 2008 and in Feburary of 2009 I was let go because they didn't have enough money in the budget for my position. I honestly don't have anything positive to say about this company because they do not provide employees with job security.
Excellent Company/Great People
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 22, 2014
Pros: good daily pay
Cons: intermittent job assignments
I thoroughly enjoy working for this company. However my position is intermittent which is why I rated Job Security lower than the other categories.
West Springfield Office
Account Manager, Employee Benefits (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAFebruary 6, 2014
The West Springfield employee benefits team is a collaborative office and really works as team. No comment on upper managements leadership.
this company was my client
Engaged Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
I was engaged by this client to lead a SaaS implementation for their client-the City of Chicago-a body politic.
Micromanagement central
account manager (Former Employee), MANovember 7, 2013
Pros: hours, casual fridays
Cons: heath insurance, lack of backbone of management
The people are nice, but the management is lacking. There is no support involved. You are told to ask questions, but when you do; it comes back to haunt you.

Be aware of over involved producers.
Interesting and challenging
Accountant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: schedule, co-workers
Cons: no breaks
I love the fact that there is enough work to last my entire shift.
Great place to work!
Commercial Lines Account Executive (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Local independent insurance agency acquired by USI Services in the 1990 that allowed them to grow & prosper through contacts nationwide. Business was diversified & allowed you to be involved in all lines of commercial insurance.
Great place to work.
Support Staff Technician (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 19, 2012
Pros: peaceful work environment, great people to work with
Cons: low pay
USI Insurance Services was a great place to work. It was located in a small office so there were not many employees. Everyone worked together and made it a peaceful place to work. I was support staff so I handled the incoming and outgoing mail, made the daily orders of office supplies, and maintained the office equipment. I would also stand in for the – more... front desk secretary to relieve for breaks where I operated the switchboard and filtered calls. – less
Productive, fast-pace work environment
Client Manager (Former Employee), Meriden, CTOctober 10, 2012
USI Insurance was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there.
If your a workaholic this jobs for you
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: 1 hour lunch; lunchroom provides free water, coffee, tea, ice.
Cons: no breaks, no raises
They expect you to work more than what you are scheduled. They give some people way more work than a single person can handle and others next to nothing. Most of the employees are snobs. They DO NOT give raises. Their idea of a raise is promoting you to a different job position but only after you have been there a year. You only get a total of 18 PTO – more... days (that's vacation & sick leave). – less

January 19, 2013

what is the office hours for Norfolk Office? I learned that they have 4 days work weeks, every other week in FL. For Staff Accountant position, do they pay you above $45,000 or under?

Normally a great place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Norfolk, Va 23510November 29, 2011
Pros: good parking, coffee, all around good atmosphere
Cons: new young supervisors with little experiance
Upper Management are a great group of professional people!
The Staff are really good people to work around,
The work load is incredable do to constant take overs.
I would recomend this as one of the better places to work in this area.