USI Insurance Services Employee Reviews

horrible
cash receipt staff accountant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 20, 2017
management is stupid. they do not use brains, they like to hire people and fire people. terrible people with huge work load. less time to finish work but no help from the managers. poor management with bad judgement. rude co workers as everyone is stressed.
Pros
5 hours of paid time off in every 2 weeks of payroll checks come in.
Cons
in less time lots of work to complete. horrible management.
This was a great place
Vice President / Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 17, 2017
USI has a lot of potential. They are former Marsh guys that seek to organize that business like a mini Marsh. You have to be a hunter. They will not spoon feed you.
Would Not Recommend for LGBT
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2017
Ineffective Management and Insensitive Coworkers.

Recommendation to Management:
Awareness Based Diversity Training (using guest speaker) to be a mandatory requirement for all new and current personnel regardless of title and position. Perhaps a refresher every two years.
Great team members; poor work culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 23, 2017
High employee turnover. No job security. No support from management. No pay raises. Coworkers made the job enjoyable. They did provide flexible work hours.
A very well structured consulting team to support the retention of all clients
Employee Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
One of the best structured consulting teams to ensure client retention. This firm had the highest client retention than any other I have experienced.
Pros
A great structure that was very supportive allowing for the retention of clients and team members.
Cons
Thee consecutive years with no salary increases nor incentives for the entire NYC benefits team.
Muy buena
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 21, 2017
Visitar más a menudo las áreas de trabajo muy buenos jefes y horarios flexible es una compañía muy buena y cuida sus empleados
Pros
Fines de semana libres
Cons
Trabajar cuandosea y a la hora necesaria
Great people and fun work place
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 16, 2017
USI was a fun work place with great people. There is a lot of work and feel that more support staff is needed to help balance out the work. Management was great. They tried to make it a pleasant place to work by providing fun activities throughout the year.
worked with USI over 20yrs
Personal Lines Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2017
the personal lines positions were transferred out of state when USI was purchased from Wells Fargo Insurance.

I worked as customer service rep that included customer relations, retention, processing changes & problem solving.

have experience in training in change of computer systems that occurred within a two year period when agency was sold from Wells Fargo to USI

I have 31yrs experience in personal lines customer service.

prior employers: BB&T (formally Old Colony)
Kiely Hines & Associates from
Pros
long term employee's, coworkers, benefits, bonuses
Cons
no advanced postions/promotions
N/a
Commercial Lines Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 8, 2016
Was not given direction of how things should have been done properly. Did the work I was given, worked overtime, but when I could know longer do overtime then management was not happy with that, so I got another job.
not the best ee benefits firm
Broker/Account Manager Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJanuary 10, 2016
Organization seemed chaotic. High employee turnover. Not well organized. Not proper process for storing employer files and important benefits data. No support from senior management.
Productive place with great team memebers
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYDecember 7, 2015
Productive environment with great team members to help you grow. Good work place environment; Controller is extremely knowledgeable and encouraging.
Overall
Benefit Specialist / Sales (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 7, 2015
I do not enjoy the hours of available schedules.
Co workers are friendly. No raises ever. Only select few will be considered for promotions.
Pros
Benefits, good pay for seasoned sales reps
Cons
work/life balance schedules are horrible
Productive but un organized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working there, but I was training to get my Property and Casualty Insurance License and there was no follow up and then my department downsized and 12 positions were laid off.
Red Flags with management
Vice President - Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 23, 2015
Very controlling, system driven company modeled for young producers without experience. Sort of like sales kindergarten. Is being ficed up to be closed or sold, cant compete with MMA.
Cons
top down management approach, outdated systems and management by fear within management.
What I learned
National Employee Benefits Trainer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 27, 2015
I learned what I want to do and what I don't want to do. It was a great learning experience for me.

USI is a growing company with a lot of growing pains. It is working them out as fast as they can, but are acquiring business as fast as they can.
Great place, bad management
Mailroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2015
There was a lot of things thrown at myself and other employees that we should not have been involved in at all. Everything was about who you sucked up to, and how well you could play the game. Management was hard to get a hold of for work related issues, and meetings were constantly cancelled. However, if there was a gossiping issue about management there would be an emergency meeting pulled. The people are great at USI, but there are serious issues that need to be handled at the management level.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Small Commercial Agent & later transferred to Personal Lines .
Personal Lines Agent (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 8, 2015
I started with USI in September 2002 in the Commercial Dept working with small commercial policies. I was asked to transfer to the Personal Lines Dept when the agent in the deparrtment wanted to work part-time. My agency was purchased by Brown & Brown in December 2004.
My Account Management Role
Large and Small Group Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 3, 2015
On a daily basis I manage a block of business which involves communicating, explaining and assisting with various benefit questions, enrollments, claims and industry trends. My day consists of timely customer service as well as the ability to communicate in a written format. I also project manage a clients renewal from the point of marketing through implementation.
good
Medical Insurance Field Counselor (Current Employee) –  new jerseyDecember 8, 2014
very good, nice people, fair salary. good day at work, learned a lot, management are nice people, co-workers are nice, the hardest part of the job is working a 12 hour day,the most enjoyable is working just across from the cafeteria.
Look else where
Staff Accountant Direct Bill (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2014
Horrible pay. No raises. the only way you make more money is to hope a promotion opens up. they supposidly promote from within however 9 times out of 10 the promotion will go to new hires.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USI Insurance Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1