USIS

USIS Employer Reviews

Investigator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: investigators, traning department
Cons: losing opm contract; pay for performance
Enjoyed working for this company. Employees were very engaged and always willing to help. I enjoyed serving my country and making sure I always delivered a qualtiy product.
Intense and tedious
Associate Investigator (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 11, 2015
This position requires an individual who has high integrity and the self motivation to complete the tasks at hand. Must be great at report writing. Must have the patience to interview others in the same format.
Data Support Clerk (Former Employee), Boyers, PAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day was filing material, serializing, and condensing cases to make room for new files/cases and to prevent gaps from pulled/closed cases from wasting space
FOIPA/ RIDS Record Analyst
Name Check and RIDS/ FOIPA Analyst (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: commute
• Name Check Analyst for the FBI in Winchester, VA RMD.
• Name Check and RIDS/FOIPA Analyst for the FBI in Winchester, VA RMD

Provide a vital asset to the FBI immigration and Freedom of Information Act by providing a service to the community.
Good transition into the government and experience
Background Investigator (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 23, 2015
A typical workday included scheduling appointments and conducting investigation interviews. Within those interviews you would examine documents to make sure they are in line with government requirements. Sometimes on the way home an Investigator would interview a neighbor or friend.
No Input to be given
CST/Cleared American Guard (Current Employee), Korea, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Overall this is a decent job to obtain and most of ROK is pretty nice depending on where you are put and what your leadership/job dictates.
So Sad
Integrity Assurance Officer (Former Employee), Grove City, PAFebruary 8, 2015
I stuck with this company for so long (even though the raises for "non production" employees were meager and they stole our ample vacation time) because I felt like I was doing something good for the country. As anyone who knows how to use google knows by now, all of us who put effort into keeping the bad guys from getting a clearance were voided out by upper management and investors who turned our company into a shell of what it was in the name of big bonuses for the few whose only exceptional talent was that they had no moral compass. I was laid off from my job after 7 years so that USIS could move my and my teammates' positions to the Falls Church HQs so that they could be closer to our CEO and head of security. What they really wanted to do was put people in place who would not adhere to our federal contracts and not tell OPM when they found shady things going on. It was sad, I was angry etc. I moved on. Looking back and having the perspective of a new and (so far) better job, I recognize more of how bad the company culture was. Thanks for the skills I guess, no thanks for the psychological effects that magically disappeared as soon as I started a new job. Door closed, window open.
A very good place to work
Security Contractor (Current Employee), ChantillyFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: the hours are good., the atmosphere is good, there is little to no negative treatment from management.
Cons: the work at present is a bit tedious.
My co-workers are good quality, friendly. This is an agreeable place to work. Come in, do your assigned task/job - you are left alone and treated with respect and left alone.
My work - at present is a bit tedious, I must say.
Very Fun place to work/Fun excited people
Background Site Investigator (Former Employee), Falls ChurchJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free flow very comfortable place
Cons: consistent work flow not always there
Typical day at work Fun, Learn something everyday, the management is the best, my co-workers were great, nothing was hard if you followed the S.O.P, the whole job was enjoyable with the limited things I can say about what i did but what I can say is that I really did enjoy doing what I did for the job and with the people that I worked with.
Great place to work for day by day.
Document Management Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2015
I have had the opportunity to work with Counsel and the trial team. I had the opportunity to moot in interviews. I had the opportunity to learn and advance in the work load.
there is absolutely no fun allowed at usis
Screening and Scheduling Technician (Former Employee), Boyers, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: no breaks, always being yelled at, being treated like children, knowing that breathing is the wrong thing to do
Working for USIS is stressful, demanding, and the most unenjoyable place to work. Management goes around telling people to be quite and get to work and encourages other co workers to tell on you for everything. The co workers are ready to stab you in the back at any given moment. The hardest part of the job is going to work knowing that at a look in the wrong direction you would be fired.
Great work environment
Recruiter (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 31, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, raise every year.
Cons: healthcare insurance could be much better.
I've learned a lot about the gov con world while working at USIS. I had a fantastic boss that taught me sooooo much!! The only thing i can say bad about USIS is the health benefits could use some help.
LOVE working here!
Executive Assistant to the President, GS&S (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 24, 2014
Management is more than knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with and for.
USIS Data Entry
Scanner/Data entry (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: fast pace enviorment
Cons: never got recognition
My typical day at work is logging folders into our daily log, making sure our scanners and QC employees constinly have folders to work with.
I have learned to work with a fast pace enviorment working to keep our customer happy. Management are great when I need to get a hold of them, I try not to bug them to much if its something i can handle.
Anywhere you work you are going to have great co-workers and horrible co-workers. I try to make the best out of all of them.
The hardest part of my job is trying to keep all the things that I have to do, to keep it going and keeping it going.
I love the fast pace environment and the work flow that we all have managed to get going through the years. I love how I can go to them and everyone knows what they are doing and able to train in anything if someone new entered into our contract.
Busy work environment, minimal pay
Investigative Specialist (Current Employee), Grove City, PADecember 8, 2014
Cons: referred to employees as "resources"
Busy Work Environment, very regimented. Low pay! Typical Cubicle job...
Team Oriented
Security Officer (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 5, 2014
Pros: diverse company
Cons: alot of walking
Diverse company to work for. Provides on the job training. Recognizes its employees for going above and beyond.
Productive work place
Security Monitor (Former Employee), VADecember 1, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: long hours on feet
You will learn, as a security monitor, to watch and pay attention to fine details. Observing individuals while maintaining a professional appearance. Walking and / or standing for 90% of the shift will tire the feet....get comfortable professional shoes.

Management is by the book but for necessary reasons that will be understood once at work.

Always carry a notepad and write everything you see and do while with your customer...CYA.
NA
Investigator (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 15, 2014
Pros: great job if you enjoy people
I ENJOYED THE COMPANY BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITY. I WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF THIS JOB BECAUSE I ENJOYED PROTECTING MY COUNTRY AND DOING MY PART.
Enjoyable place to work with a lot of great people.
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Laguna Nigel, CANovember 5, 2014
Organizing tasks for the day followed by scanning, emailing and data entry.

Great amount of team work among the office with a lot of support.

Really enjoyed that our office would make time for all of the employees to have luncheons, get together times, and everyone was there to help each other work efficiently.
Toilet company treats workers like garbage poo
Reviewer (Former Employee), Grove City, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: the company, team leaders, management
Glad they went under. The company would of done better with a pack of wild wolves running the show. Sad thing is those incompetent managers and CEO can get another job so easily just because they were in management (despite the fact they didn't know what that word meant) and it's the people who were treated like garbage poo that will struggle since these job skills aren't transferable to outside the investigation world, Hahahahahaha what a joke company! If I wasn't go glad to be done with that place I may have turned bitter. This is the company who bought a CEO for 10 million dollars and that CEO wasn't even successful at his previous job. Who does that? Hahahahahahaha IDIOTS that's who!

1 2 3 4 5