USM

USM Employer Reviews

Overall a good starting job
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Norristown, PAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches somedays, breaks, flexibility
Cons: managers, seasonal work
The job is your basic call center job. The work can get very mundane. It's a nice starting job, but not really for a lasting career. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Some are very helpful and make the job experience more enjoyable.
Tutor- AmeriCorps
Tutor (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 5, 2015
Enjoy working for this program at USM. Very flexible. A lot of paperwork but other than that, I would sign up for this program again.
Challenging and rewarding
Validation Specialist (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Received vendor invoices, processed vendor payments and billed customers for work completed.
Horrible place to work
Work Order Management Representative (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: brought food during winter months
Cons: unprofessional management
Worked for over 6 years, stayed due to compensation only. Not a nice place to work a lot of favoritistm.
Heavy industrial environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: built in overtime
Cons: standing for long time
Built in overtime. On my feet for long periods of time. Provided with inadequate personal protective equipment. Suffered slight injury as a result.
TEAM WORK
VALIDATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 30, 2014
ALL TEAM MEMBERS HELPED EACH OTHER TO GET WORK DONE IN TIME. I HAVE GAINED LOTS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR USM
Great place to work. Fast paced work.
Area Manager (Former Employee), Norristown, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: long days working on paperwork.
Doing daily inspections of work done by vendors. Insured scope of work completed to high standards. Was allowed to set daily goals and scheduled time to work with vendors. I loved to have co workers that were well trained and worked as a team. I was on the road alot but it was enjoyable.
Facilities management
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Norristown, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Responsibilities include managing the janitorial services US Bank branches located on the west coast. I managed 90 contractors to make sure the janitorial services were provided on schedule. Assign contractors, provide work orders, and track contractors scheduled services. Complete follow up calls to the store managers regarding service satisfaction. Manage special requests or emergency service needs for accounts, contacting and scheduling a contractor as needed. Resolve account issues by determining resolutions needed. Escalate critical issues immediately to the senior Account manager.
Diversity in your work every day, kept it interesting and challenging.
National Account Manger/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Norristown, PA 19401January 29, 2014
Pros: good working enviorment
Cons: continuous management changes
All in all a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people and the challenges the position bought every day.
Productive and overall good place to work
Project/Account Manager (Former Employee), Norristown, PAOctober 16, 2013
Work days were busy, learned many trades, especially electrical, co-workers were great, they made the work day much easier
Worked as a Resident Assistant providing customer service and enforcing policy
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Gorham MaineOctober 2, 2013
Pros: housing and food provided, great oopportunity to grow as a person
Cons: odd hours make it hard to have a work life balance
A typical day involves checking in on residents, going on rounds to make sure the building is safe and no policy violations are happening, dealing with policy violations as they occur and providing counseling as needed.
Met with supervisor twice a week once in a group meeting and once in a one on one to discuss areas for improvement and other outstanding issues.
The best part of the job is seeing residents that you have helped succeed and the wide and varied experiences the job offers.
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with policy violations.
Good Company, Nice People, Nice Facilities
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Norristown, PAJune 16, 2013
Pros: close to home, weekdays, 8 to 5
Cons: little room for advancement
USM is a good Company and I enjoy my current position. I am an Account Coordinator dispatching electricians to a large sporting goods chain and also sending trades people to another chain of Furniture Stores. I have a electricians background and I am well versed in many trades. I feel that I have more to offer and with my management experience I need to advance to a higher level.
Great Teamwork
Field Representative (Former Employee), Norristown, PAFebruary 5, 2013
As mentioned in prior statement. A true company that was a delight to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day at USM consist of ebtering work order into the system for Ruby Tuesday restaraunts and dispatching them out. Ive learned how to communicate effectivley with higher management
Good Place
Seasonal Work Order Management Rep (On Demand) (Current Employee), Norristown, PADecember 13, 2012
From what I've seen so far this is a good place to work. Nice people, clean environment. Not too noisy.
Productive workplace
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Norristown, PANovember 11, 2012
Pros: hour long lunch, parking garage, shuttle to work during inclement weather
A typical day included a meeting with management new project reviews and status. During this time new requests would be processed within the company's email and internal communication systems (Microsoft Access).

I learned to prioritize my tasks so as not to miss anything that was of the utmost importance for the client.
They hate their employees
This is a Joke (Former Employee), Billings, MontanaAugust 13, 2012
Cons: corporation, treats you worse than a felon.
Very poor communication, Hard to apply for jobs. Sometimes online applications aren't even submitted. I really wonder if these jobs exist as they require unrealistic qualifications and pay rediculously low!
Call Center Trainer
Trainer / Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJune 28, 2012
Pros: creativity freedom
Cons: little or no support from managers/supervisors
As a new employee there is little to no training available. I had to learn from other associates the role and duties which varied based on the individual. I designed, created and implemented a new hire training program so that consistent learning was provided.
Good Company
Janitor (Former Employee), Alsip, ILMay 2, 2012
A typical day of work was exceeding the contractors expectations. I learned how to use a scrubber and buffing machine.Management was very on hand. easily accessible. My co-workers were friendly and we all got the job done in a timely fashion.The hardest part of this job was working without the equipment that was needed to get the job done.
Leading Facility Maintenance Company
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Norristown, PAFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: multiple accounts, very flexible
One of the top facilities maintenance companies in the United States.