USM Employee Reviews

Responsibility included initiating communication through a multi-line switchboar
Secretary/CSR (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Produce positive results in dealing with irate customers throughout the day with keeping up with the quality control of work for pre/post confirming service.
Very busy workplace with an amazing team
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I adored this job and the people I worked with. The days were really busy, but there was always something to be completed.
Good Start Point For Young People
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 31, 2015
Maintaining records and contacting suppliers to get services set up and completed in the correct time frame.

Most coworkers hard working.

Hardest part of the job was trying to get suppliers to complete work at the lowest possible price.
Pros
Access To Work From Home When Needed
Cons
Pressure At Times Overbearing
no longer employed there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 30, 2015
This company terminated me after a major auto accident and hospitalization/surgery. Without contact or warning. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Resume Builder
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  NorristownSeptember 3, 2015
decent place to work. Although we experienced numerous layoffs and attrition rates upwards of 60%. Management was resistant to fresh ideas. Definitely a "boys club" culture. Bottom line, it gets you procurement experience for better jobs. Not the most sophisticated procurement minds leading.
Pros
Compensation and opportunity for Overtime pay; Good people
Cons
favoritism; Not supportive of continuing Ed and professional societies
area manager traveled western Michigan and Western Wisconsin
Area Manager, Western Michigan (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
Worked on vendor management side of janitorial. Traveled western Michigan and Western Wisconsin inspecting national account. Maintaining contractual scope of work with vendor
Pros
interaction with customer and vendor
Cons
lots of travel
Public Relations Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaAugust 3, 2015
This was the biggest learning experience for me. There was ample opportunity for someone to do more work. The work was demanding and failure was not an option.
Overall a good starting job
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 9, 2015
The job is your basic call center job. The work can get very mundane. It's a nice starting job, but not really for a lasting career. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Some are very helpful and make the job experience more enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches somedays, breaks, flexibility
Cons
managers, seasonal work
Tutor- AmeriCorps
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 5, 2015
Enjoy working for this program at USM. Very flexible. A lot of paperwork but other than that, I would sign up for this program again.
Challenging and rewarding
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Received vendor invoices, processed vendor payments and billed customers for work completed.

Want to know more about USM?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work
Work Order Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Worked for over 6 years, stayed due to compensation only. Not a nice place to work a lot of favoritistm.
Pros
brought food during winter months
Cons
unprofessional management
Heavy industrial environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 7, 2014
Built in overtime. On my feet for long periods of time. Provided with inadequate personal protective equipment. Suffered slight injury as a result.
Pros
built in overtime
Cons
standing for long time
TEAM WORK
VALIDATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 30, 2014
ALL TEAM MEMBERS HELPED EACH OTHER TO GET WORK DONE IN TIME. I HAVE GAINED LOTS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR USM
Great place to work. Fast paced work.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Doing daily inspections of work done by vendors. Insured scope of work completed to high standards. Was allowed to set daily goals and scheduled time to work with vendors. I loved to have co workers that were well trained and worked as a team. I was on the road alot but it was enjoyable.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
long days working on paperwork.
Facilities management
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Responsibilities include managing the janitorial services US Bank branches located on the west coast. I managed 90 contractors to make sure the janitorial services were provided on schedule. Assign contractors, provide work orders, and track contractors scheduled services. Complete follow up calls to the store managers regarding service satisfaction. Manage special requests or emergency service needs for accounts, contacting and scheduling a contractor as needed. Resolve account issues by determining resolutions needed. Escalate critical issues immediately to the senior Account manager.
Diversity in your work every day, kept it interesting and challenging.
National Account Manger/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PA 19401January 29, 2014
All in all a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people and the challenges the position bought every day.
Pros
good working enviorment
Cons
continuous management changes
Productive and overall good place to work
Project/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 16, 2013
Work days were busy, learned many trades, especially electrical, co-workers were great, they made the work day much easier
Worked as a Resident Assistant providing customer service and enforcing policy
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorham MaineOctober 2, 2013
A typical day involves checking in on residents, going on rounds to make sure the building is safe and no policy violations are happening, dealing with policy violations as they occur and providing counseling as needed.
Met with supervisor twice a week once in a group meeting and once in a one on one to discuss areas for improvement and other outstanding issues.
The best part of the job is seeing residents that you have helped succeed and the wide and varied experiences the job offers.
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with policy violations.
Pros
housing and food provided, great oopportunity to grow as a person
Cons
odd hours make it hard to have a work life balance
Good Company, Nice People, Nice Facilities
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 16, 2013
USM is a good Company and I enjoy my current position. I am an Account Coordinator dispatching electricians to a large sporting goods chain and also sending trades people to another chain of Furniture Stores. I have a electricians background and I am well versed in many trades. I feel that I have more to offer and with my management experience I need to advance to a higher level.
Pros
close to home, weekdays, 8 to 5
Cons
little room for advancement
Great Teamwork
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 5, 2013
As mentioned in prior statement. A true company that was a delight to work for.