USM Employee Reviews

a lot of work, lack of pay.
Cleaning Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
i dont mind the hard work but you constantly travel from location to location also dont get paid very good. management was good and laid back but for the most part i just couldnt keep doing 2 or 3 locations a day.
Productive work, work in groups and with respect
Preparation phone-Clean phone-Picking -Packing (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 24, 2017
I am a person who works with respect, I dedicate myself to what they appoint me in the work, I like to work in group and with respect. I am punctual with my work schedule
That kind of call center
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 17, 2017
The one you see on tv where they are miserable and constantly asking why they are here trying to pretend like they are happy. Ya that one. The only thing I can say positive is the work/life balance but even that has its problems.
Great Team Environment
Account Coordinator Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at USM. I sat in a cubicle with seasoned representatives. They were very helpful in my time of need. I sat next to my manager and she would advise me when necessary. The hardest part of the job was that they did not provide a classroom setting for training. The training consisted of shadowing a rep for a week and put on the floor near a manager if you needed help.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
The company downsized.
So sad.
Interior Operations (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Company has no idea what they are doing in operations. Different processes and rules every week, poor communication, they give you so much work it's not possible to get done. Management is lazy and unrealistic in what it takes to do the job. The ladies club take their hourly smoke breaks while the little people struggle to even get their hour of lunch. The place is losing business all the time and they try to turn it around as a positive development. I enjoy my co-workers but the managements is the pits. Also, for the month of December each year, they stop paying their contractors. Many were no able to make payroll, right at the holiday season. USM did not care unless the contractor threatened to quit.
Pros
Free Coffee, napkins and plasticware
Cons
Overworked.
Good work environment
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 24, 2017
EMCOR is a $6.5 billion global leader in facilities management and mechanical / electrical construction. USM is a $400
million national provider of integrated facilities management, janitorial, lighting, snow removal, landscaping and lot
sweeping, HVAC, electrical and plumbing services to retail and adjacent markets.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Good company to work for. Good hrs especially during winter when snow coverage is necessary. Co-workers extremely helpful.
Benefits good. Management needs improvement.
I enjoyed working here. It was a challenging job and allowed for personal growth.
Nor Cal Area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaDecember 27, 2016
Ran four different yards throughout Northern California. It was a challenging job due to the fact that yards were spread out and I had to travel 350+ miles daily to meet customers and ensure that every contract was being serviced. I enjoyed this job because it was challenging and allowed me to grow as a superintendent.
Productive working environment
Account Manager/SSR (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 1, 2016
Easy going environment, customer service oriented and open to ideas from employees. Friendly leadership, willing to inquire about what is going on in.
I can really actually tell you anything good about this company
Maintenance janitor housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILNovember 30, 2016
What I didn't like about us and was then when they lost their contract and they lost the company didn't even tell us that they were going to have no more jobs so when the other company took over they didn't want us in their company they wanted to start off with new people but the only thing that they did was they wanted us to train the other people reserving it take over for they can know what we were doing for the retail store first two years company so USM never told us that we were not working we just pretty much figure it out then we weren't working anymore it didn't have no benefits no nothing I can pretty much say anything good about USM
Fast paced
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 20, 2016
Fast paced environment, people are friendly. Worked with clients and vendors via 3rd party system. Utilize Excel mainly. Benefits are poor.
Pros
1 hours lunch
Cons
Benefits not great
Good Learning Environment for Supply Chain Management Professionals
Senior Buyer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 4, 2016
USM, Inc and its parent company Emcor are working hard to make USM a more complete Facility Maintenance provider to Commercial Retail Clients.

My experience at USM has been a positive one that I am looking to take on to my next position to expend upon and grow my knowledge even further.
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 12, 2016
The company overall was average or just below average. My department, procurement, was better than most, but quite understaffed & underpaid. I enjoy a very fast paced challenging work environment, so I liked a lot of overtime & a lot of demands on my time.
Pros
Plenty of OT.
Cons
Very large, easy to get lost in the shuffle.
fun
Art gallery monitor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 7, 2016
All I really did here was sit in a art gallery and count the people that came in. It was a different experience for me and it was fun at the same ti,e.
Great working environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 3, 2016
Great team of people to work with. The company encouraged teamwork, integrating innovative solutions to complex problems, and being part of something bigger than a company.
High stress, poor employee moral
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 19, 2016
This company is now on it's third owners in 9 years. The new owners are concentrating on reducing the janitorial service division and moving snow operations to their Phoenix, AZ office.
Pros
Jeans and T-Shirts on Friday, along with free soft pretzels
Cons
Hostile work enviroment between departments.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 11, 2016
USM is fair and supportive. The atmosphere is relaxed yet professional. There is a rewarding feeling working at the university because there are diverse groups of people and it is a learning environment.
productive
Model builder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2016
work days are steady.i learned many new skills. reading drawings,painting,fabricating,managing jobs,expenses,co-workers are easy to work with. the most enjoyable part is finishing a project and the customer was happy with the finished project.
Pros
personal days off
Cons
short lunches
Responsibility included initiating communication through a multi-line switchboar
Secretary/CSR (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Produce positive results in dealing with irate customers throughout the day with keeping up with the quality control of work for pre/post confirming service.
Very busy workplace with an amazing team
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I adored this job and the people I worked with. The days were really busy, but there was always something to be completed.