USM Employee Reviews in United States

Resume Builder
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  NorristownSeptember 3, 2015
decent place to work. Although we experienced numerous layoffs and attrition rates upwards of 60%. Management was resistant to fresh ideas. Definitely a "boys club" culture. Bottom line, it gets you procurement experience for better jobs. Not the most sophisticated procurement minds leading.
Pros
Compensation and opportunity for Overtime pay; Good people
Cons
favoritism; Not supportive of continuing Ed and professional societies
High stress, poor employee moral
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 19, 2016
This company is now on it's third owners in 9 years. The new owners are concentrating on reducing the janitorial service division and moving snow operations to their Phoenix, AZ office.
Pros
Jeans and T-Shirts on Friday, along with free soft pretzels
Cons
Hostile work enviroment between departments.
Great working environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 3, 2016
Great team of people to work with. The company encouraged teamwork, integrating innovative solutions to complex problems, and being part of something bigger than a company.
productive
Model builder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2016
work days are steady.i learned many new skills. reading drawings,painting,fabricating,managing jobs,expenses,co-workers are easy to work with. the most enjoyable part is finishing a project and the customer was happy with the finished project.
Pros
personal days off
Cons
short lunches
fun
Art gallery monitor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 7, 2016
All I really did here was sit in a art gallery and count the people that came in. It was a different experience for me and it was fun at the same ti,e.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 11, 2016
USM is fair and supportive. The atmosphere is relaxed yet professional. There is a rewarding feeling working at the university because there are diverse groups of people and it is a learning environment.
Responsibility included initiating communication through a multi-line switchboar
Secretary/CSR (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Produce positive results in dealing with irate customers throughout the day with keeping up with the quality control of work for pre/post confirming service.
Very busy workplace with an amazing team
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I adored this job and the people I worked with. The days were really busy, but there was always something to be completed.
Horrible place to work
Work Order Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Worked for over 6 years, stayed due to compensation only. Not a nice place to work a lot of favoritistm.
Pros
brought food during winter months
Cons
unprofessional management
no longer employed there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 30, 2015
This company terminated me after a major auto accident and hospitalization/surgery. Without contact or warning. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
area manager traveled western Michigan and Western Wisconsin
Area Manager, Western Michigan (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
Worked on vendor management side of janitorial. Traveled western Michigan and Western Wisconsin inspecting national account. Maintaining contractual scope of work with vendor
Pros
interaction with customer and vendor
Cons
lots of travel
Worked as a Resident Assistant providing customer service and enforcing policy
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorham MaineOctober 2, 2013
A typical day involves checking in on residents, going on rounds to make sure the building is safe and no policy violations are happening, dealing with policy violations as they occur and providing counseling as needed.
Met with supervisor twice a week once in a group meeting and once in a one on one to discuss areas for improvement and other outstanding issues.
The best part of the job is seeing residents that you have helped succeed and the wide and varied experiences the job offers.
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with policy violations.
Pros
housing and food provided, great oopportunity to grow as a person
Cons
odd hours make it hard to have a work life balance
Good Company, Nice People, Nice Facilities
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 16, 2013
USM is a good Company and I enjoy my current position. I am an Account Coordinator dispatching electricians to a large sporting goods chain and also sending trades people to another chain of Furniture Stores. I have a electricians background and I am well versed in many trades. I feel that I have more to offer and with my management experience I need to advance to a higher level.
Pros
close to home, weekdays, 8 to 5
Cons
little room for advancement
Public Relations Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaAugust 3, 2015
This was the biggest learning experience for me. There was ample opportunity for someone to do more work. The work was demanding and failure was not an option.
Overall a good starting job
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 9, 2015
The job is your basic call center job. The work can get very mundane. It's a nice starting job, but not really for a lasting career. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Some are very helpful and make the job experience more enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches somedays, breaks, flexibility
Cons
managers, seasonal work
It was just a job.
Home Depot/Carson, CA (Former Employee) –  MantaninenceNovember 7, 2011
When I first came there to work everything was cool. There was a chance for advancement. Later when management changed there was no chance of advancement.
Pros
you would work early in the morning, have the rest of the day to yourself
Cons
there was a lot of back biting on the job.
Facilities management
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Responsibilities include managing the janitorial services US Bank branches located on the west coast. I managed 90 contractors to make sure the janitorial services were provided on schedule. Assign contractors, provide work orders, and track contractors scheduled services. Complete follow up calls to the store managers regarding service satisfaction. Manage special requests or emergency service needs for accounts, contacting and scheduling a contractor as needed. Resolve account issues by determining resolutions needed. Escalate critical issues immediately to the senior Account manager.
Productive workplace
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 11, 2012
A typical day included a meeting with management new project reviews and status. During this time new requests would be processed within the company's email and internal communication systems (Microsoft Access).

I learned to prioritize my tasks so as not to miss anything that was of the utmost importance for the client.
Pros
hour long lunch, parking garage, shuttle to work during inclement weather
Good Company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMay 2, 2012
A typical day of work was exceeding the contractors expectations. I learned how to use a scrubber and buffing machine.Management was very on hand. easily accessible. My co-workers were friendly and we all got the job done in a timely fashion.The hardest part of this job was working without the equipment that was needed to get the job done.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day at USM consist of ebtering work order into the system for Ruby Tuesday restaraunts and dispatching them out. Ive learned how to communicate effectivley with higher management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8