USMC

USMC Employer Reviews

Fun and Reliable Co-Workers
CBRN NCO (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: barracks, chowhall, medical, dental, vision coverage, clothing allowance, paid vacation, retirement fund
Cons: time in field, unpredictable hours
As a Non-Commissioned Officer, I was in charge of two Marines. Balance of Life vs Work was adequate for personal time, however it is difficult to attend college. My co-workers made the job fun and worthwhile.
The hardest part of the job is teaching a class where the students are unwilling to learn. To overcome this challenge, I would make the information – more... relevant to the students and show enthusiasm for the class.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the final exercise to evaluate knowledge learned. The final exercise consists of a mock CBRN incident. Seeing the students react successfully to the incident is rewarding. – less
Great place to earn some real hands on experience at a high tempo
Supply Chain Analyst & Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: promotion advancement, recognition, awards, pay raise. lots of time off.
Cons: somedays you can work over 12hrs and you will still get paid the same due to being paid salary.
Nowhere else in the world would you be able to learn how to efficiently manage working under the most stressful situations and remaining 100 % calm and getting the job done. Great way to jumpstart your career and earn real experience.
Interesting and Busy
Postl Clerk (Former Employee), World WideNovember 17, 2014
Managed to run own post office, with minimal supervision, was a cashier. Made schedules, and also a supply manager.
A Great Life Experience
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaNovember 16, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, tight knit group, job security, benefits
Cons: constant change of leadership
-A typical day at work was to patrol within in the base and enforce the rules, regulations and Articles of the UCMJ. To uphold the criminal Justice system and Maintain Good order and Discipline aboard Camp Pendleton.

-I learned a lot from the USMC. Good Morals and Values. They made me the man I am today.

-Management I can't really say much about because – more... there was a constant change of leadership.

-My Co-workers are like brothers to me even after getting out I still remain in contact with fellow Marines and we will continue to be in touch.

- The hardest Part of the job is leaving your civilian life where it was and changing your whole life around. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

-Every Moment in the Marine Corps was enjoyable from boot camp all the way to getting my DD-214. – less
Being a Marine Leader is gratifying.
3529- Motor Transport Mainteance Chief (Current Employee), Jacksonville NCNovember 16, 2014
The Building of a team from the ground up is a challenge with a end state of success.
Challenging and rewarding always pushing you to do your best
Communication Chief and Senior Enlisted Advisor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: medical and retirement benefits
Cons: time away from family
Fast-paced, high stress environments requiring attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and quick adaptation to constantly changing priorities.
USMC
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee), Camp LejueneNovember 8, 2014
Once and Marine always a Marine. Long days, not much family time if you have one. Meet a lot of interesting people. Do things you never thought possible.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCNovember 7, 2014
Great place to work and learn. Felt apart of the company from the beginning.
Diffcult job but well worth it
UNIT LEADER (Former Employee), California, North Carolina, Iraq and AfghanistanNovember 7, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, pay, heathcare
Cons: physically very demanding, deployments
Day to day work varied. Lots of training which was labor intensive. Obviously good medical and dental plans and pay was very good. Hardest part was deployments away from family. 20 year retirement was a good incentive.
intresting place to work for
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2014
Pros: great benifits.
Cons: long deployments.
never know what will happen when you will be shipped off or how long. we had our own system on treating the miss behaved Marines and love the whole job. the hardest thing was having to leave the family during deployments.
Summary
instructor (Former Employee), Quantico, VANovember 5, 2014
I am currently going to school and advancing in the healthcare field. I enjoy helping people that are in need. There is nothing to hard about what i am doing now, I just want to gain as much experience as i can while I am in school. I was a Marine for several years and still continue to hold myself to a high standard.
Rahh
T-64 Engine Mehanic & Collateral Duty Inspector (Former Employee), Mccutcheon Field NCNovember 5, 2014
Rahh devil dogs. USMC is a motivated and dedicated company that will work you to the bone rain or shine day or night
military
Landing Support Specialis (Current Employee), north carolinaNovember 3, 2014
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for providing power projection from the sea,[7] using the mobility of the U.S. Navy to rapidly deliver combined-arms task forces. The U.S. Marine Corps is one of the four branches in the U.S. Department of Defense as well as one of the seven uniformed services – more... of the United States. It operates posts on land and aboard sea-going amphibious warfare ships around the world. The Marine Corps has been a component of the U.S. Department of the Navy since 1834,[8][9] working closely with naval forces for training, transportation, and logistics.[10] – less
Operations Chief (Former Employee), Asia and the USNovember 1, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: dangers of the unforeseen
Spent twenty years with the Marine Corps and faced many challenges. The hardest part of the job was the danger of the unforeseen. The enjoyable part was working with the people and the travel.
Loved it
Ground Radio Repairman (Former Employee), MCAS Cherry Point, NCOctober 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, travel
Cons: micro mannaged.
I loved being in the Marine Corps. I originally join so i could obtain money for school. Now that my contract has ended i have accomplished what i set out for. I would recommend that every able bodied male join. It is indeed one of the best brotherhoods that you can be apart of.
The few, the proud
Weather Observer/Intranet Administrator (Former Employee), CAOctober 30, 2014
Hard job, hard life but great benefits. I wish I would have listened to more people and come in as an officer.
Great starting point
Dermatology Specialist, Fallbrook (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaOctober 24, 2014
It was a great experience. Everyday tasks included; uniform inspections, inventory, physical fitness, forklift driving, shipping and receiving of gear. maintaining and tracking personal effects for marines. The hardest part of my job was the physical fitness. The most enjoyable part of my job was leading and teaching subordinates.
Loved it.
Armorer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 22, 2014
Kept all weapons for the 9th Com Battalion operational. Tracked all locations of weapons state side and deployed. Conducted regular services on weapons. Ordered parts and fixed malfunctions.
Highly Disciplined, well trained, very successful
Tank Mechanic (Current Employee), Camp Pendelton, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: housing and food are perks of the job
Cons: heavy work load, invasive work environment, taxing hours, irregular hours
Early mornings, involving physical training, formations, and hard work. The structure enables fluid work to be completed and allows for immediate adjustments to be made. Your co-workers will become your best, but only, friends. The job requires a lot of your time. Don't expect to have a fulfilling life off the job. The off time is filled with hanging – more... out with your co-workers, which is quite a fun experience. – less
AWESOME
Anti-Terrorist Strike team member (Former Employee), WorldwideOctober 20, 2014
Pros: everything
Best years of my life. Its classified what I participated in but, I learned about various cultures in our world

1 2 3 4 5